Dennard, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Dennard Camping Reviews
Fantastic campground with breathtaking views!

We had an amazing time! The sites by the river are outstanding and the owners are fantastic.

Unfortunate name, cool place

On the bank of the Arkansas River, great access to water. Good boat ramp, picnic tables and RV sites. Very clean, bring your mosquito repellent.

Nice place, not my cup of tea

Campsites were very nice but a little closely stacked. Very steep decline to the waters edge. No mosquitoes which is half a point itself.

One of my favorites

Great campground on the bank of the Little Red River; a cold water, world class trout fishery. Great bath, picnic and fishing access. USFWS trout hatchery on site. One of my favorite campgrounds. Shady and cool in the hot Arkansas summer and protected from the wind for a great camping trip.

Primitive Camping

Great Campground with restrooms and running water. Campground sits next to the Buffalo River and Roark Bluff background. Lots of wildlife such as deer, elk and if you are lucky black bears. Very quiet and every site has a picnic table. Half of the sites can be reserved. GO!!!! ITS IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!

Off the road

Nice place. Only stayed a few nights. Didn't catch any fish. Water was up and down a lot cause of the damn.

Amazing camp host.

This place is awesome I highly recommend it if you are going to be camping in the area

I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Close to Buffalo River National Park

6 full hook up sites, pull thru 50 amp. Sites are close together but I am the only one here.

Closed

Toad Suck is temporarily closed. June 2019 flood deviated it and looks to remain closed thru 2020.