About Buffalo Point Group Campground
National Park Service
Buffalo Point Group Campground is located in Buffalo National River in Arkansas
4 Reviews of Buffalo Point Group Campground
Beautiful secluded campground

We camped here during the month of October in the walk in spots. We were pretty close to the river. We pretty much had the entire area to ourselves since the weather was cold and rainy. We made the best of it. The bathrooms are cleaned daily and the hot showers worked great. I recommend this campground if you’re looking to get away from it all. The hiking trails nearby are great.

Great night

I stayed one night here with a group of friends, there was only one site available by the time I arrived. Despite being crowded it was very clean & peaceful. We were raided by some raccoons at one point & we encountered a bear a mile or two down the road, so use caution while camping. It was a very nice experience & I definitely recommend staying here.

Great Campground

Campsites were great, adequate space between sites. Love the layout of the campground, sites run parallel to the river. My only complain is bathrooms and showers are old and dirty (dirty because they’re old, still cleaned daily) and the shower was barely warm in the fall.

Family camping and canoeing

Arkansas' claim to fame! The first national river.

Great canoeing, fishing, swimming and tuning on one of the cleanest rivers around! If you come help keep it that way!! Several outfitting choices near by with reasonable rental and shuttle rates.

Ccampground is always a favorite! Running water and electricity at the sites. A bit disappointed with no flushing potties or showers this year due to maintenance.

Hinking trails are abundant… check out Panther Creek or the old mining town Rush!

No cell service…great time to disconnect from reality!