Camping in Forbing Park

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Forbing Park, Arizona

367 Reviews of 51 Forbing Park, Arizona Campgrounds

N P.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Pretty Sedona spot with a creek

Walkable to town and lovely appointed gravel sites. Amazing creek access for wading or a little dip. 20 min walk to town. Great wifi and clean WC with nice shower water pressure. Busy but would return!

Jim C.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Very upscale

Very clean very upscale. Great amenities definitely do again

Month of VisitApril
Ashley M.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Nice but meh

Was a quiet and respectful campground until my last night when I was truck camping (up at 4am to beat a snowstorm going back to Colorado) and the host double booked my site to tent campers after I had tried to go to sleep.

Bill M.
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Awesome Campground!

We had an amazing relaxing stay, even though we were in a site close to the road. During the night we didn’t really hear any traffic. There are clean restrooms and water available. There were easy hiking trails and a lake about 2.5 miles that was more like a pond. The camp hosts were very nice!

• Behind the camp site!
SiteA-11
Tommy B.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Beautiful high elevation lake and camp

We had heard about this spot from friends. So glad they recommended it. Very nice spot.

SiteB 48
DThe Dyrt PRO User

Good place to set up

Good place to set up while hitting some trails here in AZ!

Month of VisitMarch
Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Ample room and spots just outside Sedona!

Absolutely loved camping here because of how remote it felt, yet close proximity to Sedona. Especially Memorial Day weekend when the motels and hotels were full. Beautiful night sky and generally flat ground at campsites. Only complaints are the dust and rough road but hey, I was driving a Honda…

• Picture of the night sky but this doesnt do it justice!
  • My humble abode for the evening
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Amazing campground

This is by far one of our top campgrounds. We love the access to the verde river and swimming holes. The 3 lagoons have some great fish in them! The grounds are all very well kept. We recently learned about the junior ranger program that each state park does. Fun for kids interested in…

Elian M.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Well kept but sites are close knit

Not much to explore, but the bathrooms and sites were kept clean. The spaces were close together so there was no sense of privacy.

Andy K.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Good free camping

Nice place to pull off the highway and sleep while being sort of close to some cool stuff. People were pretty on top of each other in the first part of the campsites, could tell some had been there for awhile. If you keep driving past all the spots you’ll reach a dirt road. If you turn left and…

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Maddi G.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Dispersed, but neighbors are close

The site was beautiful and lots of trees. There is signal, but as of May 5th 2021 there is a no camp fire rule! This is every campsite, just thought I would share!