About Norris - Yellowstone National Park
National Park Service
Norris - Yellowstone National Park is located in Wyoming
19 Reviews of Norris - Yellowstone National Park
Very nice

This camp ground is first come which made me nervous but the staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Spots are close together, but you still have a little personal space. We stayed in the c loop with a 25ft camp trailer, little tough navigating in but not bad. Good central location in Yellowstone, easy to travel to main loop.

Amazing

Went to this one plus many others and Yellowstone all of them were great for camping and tent or trailer

Amazing

Nice with scenic backdrop

Nice campground in the national park with lots of scenic backdrops!

Slough Creek - Yellowstone - Great place to see wildlife -

Bison walking thru campsite, River runs beside it, Back Country trails with campsites if you dare.

Bear Spray a must..Water and Toilets available…Small campsite area only 16 sites…

Mostly tent or small RV's…once again…this is the Slough Creek campsite in the North East corner of Yellowstone…< 10 miles from Lamar Valley where you can watch Wolves…

Be prepared for the change in temperatures at this altitude

They don't accept reservation so in the high season you have to get there early. The ranger said to get in line by 7am to get a spot for sure. They don't start until 730 but the ranger was nice to give us all the information and paperwork while we waited in line so it went by fast. Be prepared for the cold. It was 31 degrees when we waited in line and 30 degrees the next morning. Day time it was in the 80s.

We picked a walk-in site by the river. It was a short walk to where we parked. Only negative if people don't park well, it can be tight.

Bathroom was 75 yards away with a water and cleaning station. We had a picnic table and fire pit. Sites are closer together. Great place to star gaze. Entrance had ice and firewood for sale.

Con: light smelled of sulphur but with all the geysers and geological formation, its to be expected. You get used to it after awhile.

Small sites but beautiful location with river views.

In the park and $20 a night. Got a walkin site over Memorial Day weekend which was a miracle! Clean flush bathrooms, no showers. Recycling station at entry to campground. Each site has a bear box and my row of sites had a resident bison. Near the National Ranger Museum. Walkin sites very close together - I could hear the man in the tentsite beside me snoring. Wood and ice available for sale

Norris campground

The sites are pretty close together, especially if you get an inside circle campsite. If on the outside you have more room from your neighbors. There was not enough room for two tents on the little square patch for tents. Perk was it came with a bear safe storage area for food and accessories as well as a fire pit.

I LOVE the trees!

This campground does not take reservations, they are first come, first serve. There are only a few spots for really long RV’s, so the camp hosts will escort you back to those, if you are long. At the base of the camp, there are flush toilets, there are pit toilets up in the campground. All of the camp sites have a lot of trees. It is more in the middle of the park, so it is a great “base camp” to go throughout the park

Long Wait for an Amazing Site. Walk-ins are the trick.

First of all, read the review of this camp site by Danielle V. It describes our check-in experience to a "t," including the gate person telling us to stop one place and then that location having absolutely nothing, a very cold wait in a very long line at Norris, and incredibly kind camp hosts keeping us informed the whole time. I had my two kiddos with me, so I stood physically in line while keeping an eye on the kiddos in the car. It was just too cold to do it any other way. All that said, we ended up with what I consider the absolute best spot in Yellowstone. We grabbed the closest "walk-in" spot, which just meant we had to walk our tent and stuff in maybe 100 yards. It was right on an incredible meadow with a semi-swimmable (though cold) winding stream. The campground is centrally located, especially if you plan to make the big loop driving. Lots to see on the way to and from the major attractions. The nighttime events were also nice. One thing to be aware of is the altitude. This site got very cold, almost freezing, in July, so come prepared. Other sites in this same campground were okay, but I really feel we lucked out with the walk-in ones.