The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Minawa Beach Camping Reviews
Great little campground

Owners were very friendly. Very quiet campground. Nice pool.

Camping in a lawn

Sites are right on the Fox River, which is pleasant, but no trees and monotype lawn setting leaves a lot to be desired. More similar to lawn sitting than camping.

Top Notch Remote Sites

I’ve hiked into the Ice Age Trail/Kayak sites for three summers in a row now, and I’ve been pleased each time. The hike is roughly 1 mile from the lots, and the sites are beautifully placed in dunes right on Lake Michigan. There are pit toilets near the sites. These sites offer some of the best beachfront camping I’ve experienced. The hike can be challenging, as the surrounding woods are swampy, even more so during rainy times. That’s to be expected, especially when primitive camping.

Big park

Decent sized park. Nice hiking trails. Raccoons can be a pest and beg for food!

Fun for hiking

Really cool cliffs to climb/ hike. There is also a lime kiln to hike to and see. There are two playgrounds for the kids as well. Beautiful views of Lake Winnebago from high points of the hike

Love it!

Nice beach/swimming area, bike path, and playground for the kids. Also the most beautiful sunset over the lake and pines in July

Place was great

Even in the beginning stages of the pandemic they were already making changes to keep everyone safe. Nice location. Neighbors were great and respected each other.

Family Camping at High Cliff

I took my family and my brother’s family for a weekend of camping the weekend of October 23, 24 and 25. Apparently there is an annual trick or treating activity that takes place with the RVs in the campground. It was an unexpected surprise that my kids loved.

The sites themselves were gorgeous because of the fall foliage. They were a bit close to the RV sites which were all alight with Halloween decorations. And there were people partying for most of the night, it was a little loud until about 1 AM.

The hiking was so much fun. The Lime Kiln Ruins were a sight to see for the kids and the path was full of fantastic cliffs for the kids. For me, too.

I have to admit that the weather was cold and overcast. I camped with one child under 10 and she had a hard time with the cold weather at night. The nighttime temps dropped under 30 degrees both nights, it got cold!!! She was a champ, tho.

We had a great time and will visit again.

Beautiful camping on the lake

This is a great state camp ground right on the lake. We stayed in site 123 with an RV and you could hear the waves! There was even a private trail leading out to the beach from our site. Highly recommend one of the 3 spots on the water but all the spots seemed nice and decently private. They also had a great dog beach. We were here during off season and it was very quiet and enjoyable. We plan to come back during the summer for sure!!!

Nice spot for family camping

My partner and I camped here with our son for a night. We reserved a spot kind of late and wound up between the shower building and a loud group of hunters in an RV. If we return we'll definitely try to get one of the more secluded walk-in spots that are maybe 40 meters off the road. I'd recommend those spots in any case, if you don't need any of the amenities of the spots very close to the road.

Bring cash for firewood. You can get it on sight (need $5 bills to use the giant wood vending machine), or you can get it at the nearby general store.

The trailhead for the Ice Age Trail is close to the entrance, and there are lots of other spots for fishing, picnicing, or biking.