Water Unknown
About Ellensburg KOA

Tents, RVs and Cabins available.

Fee Info
Adults 21+, Kids 6-20, Free 0-5
Private
Ellensburg KOA is located in Washington
Directions
From I-90: Take Exit 106. If coming from the west, you'll drive right past the campground. If exiting from the east, go left from the off-ramp. If coming from SR 97, stay to the right at the stop sign, then right again at the end of 97.
5 Reviews of Ellensburg KOA
Friendly. Nice Bathroom. Loud location.

This KOA has some very strong positives, and almost equally strong negatives.

Positives: Super-friendly manager/owner. We were about 1/2 an hour after closing, and she was still there and helped us get set up. Everything (including bathrooms) was very clean. Nice playgrounds, and we were right on the river, which was nice. Probably a nice spot in the summer (we were there when there was still a little snow on the ground). Oh, and the price was great: about $22 for three of us in a tent (non-electric) spot right on the river.

Negatives: The location, while convenient to the freeway, was super-loud. It's at the confluence of two freeways, and a frisbee throw away from either. Semi-trucks shined lights into our tent all night long, and the noise was pretty bad, even with earphones. The boys slept inside the campervan, and it didn't bother them at all, so probably much better if you're inside an RV. The tent side of everything also was a little sketchy in March (to be understood I suppose…the RV side was packed), with two other folks who seemed to be sleeping in cars or under tarps.

Cool spot in Ellensburg

This is one of the larger KOAs I have been to.  Plenty of room for RVs, trailers, and tents.  They also have a few cabins to stay in.  Our site was near the playground which was central to the camp ground. There is a TV/ play room that my littlesloved but not as much as the heated pool, yes, they have a heated pool!

This site lies on the banks of the Yakima River.  My dad was able to go fly fishing and my littles were able to search for rocks and fish in the shallow areas.

The general store has all your basic needs, but a difference from other KOAs was that they sell bee and wine!

The hosts are great but are pretty strict with quiet hours (which I prefer with littles).

nothing like a shower after hoursss of riding in the hot hot heat!

setup camp at the koa which was right on to the yakima river. fired up our little msr whisperlite gasoline stove and had beef stroganoff then hit the showers. we always ride with full (safety) gear on, even when it's 100° out so nothing beats a nice clean shower facility! sites were nice and tidy. very little buffer in between sites, but if you come on a weekday like we did you'll have the entire campground all to yourselves.

Stopover campground

This is right off I90 very convenient but close to freeway so some road noise. I90 is the main east west freeway in Washington. It is right on the river and there's a pool. Rafting and fishing the Yakima river are great reasons to stay here. If you're looking for a wilderness experience this isn't the place. But for a place to stay while rafting or fishing it's great.

Yakima River Staging

KOA. Isn't that enough? OK. It's a nice park that doesn't offer much from the road, but if you get one of the sites in the back and on the river it's actually really nice and spacious! A bit older without the typical amenities, but all I wanted were hookup, big site, and waterfront. Very very busy as expected.