Camping in Germans Corner

Recent Walk-In Reviews Near Germans Corner, Virginia

181 Reviews of 28 Germans Corner, Virginia Campgrounds

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Great campsite close to DC.

3rd time we stayed here. Here to work in my office for a week in person during COVID telework. Convenient to the National Forest with great hiking. Plenty of restaurants and grocery stores.

SiteE-11
Kristina D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

RV park near Mathews VA

This is a nice park. My first time with Thousand Trails and it’s odd that you pick your spot once you get there. They were trying online check in but it didn’t work. Very clean quiet at night. This is a huge campground and lots to see and do.

Sitebacked up to river
Pam W.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Fabulous place to camp

We've stayed a couple weekends here and liked it so much we decided to stay a month at a time! Great place, friendly people, very reasonable priced.

Sitec4
M
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great campsites

The campsites here were great! Perfect for everyday camping with lots of activities around the area, including beaches, hiking trails, a park, and more. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to explore the area!

SiteB37
Joe C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Secluded

Part of Patuxent River Naval Air Station. Pretty remote. Rained while we where there and the ground was very saturate so the puddles where quite large.

SiteB4
Kristina D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Two night stay

Great camp ground and it was so empty here! Huge lots that are very level. Hiking and biking. Pool and beaches.

• fossil beach
SiteB20
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Great spot with hookups by PW park

If you, like me, hate making reservations over the phone, it was worth it! Quick, simple, painless process.

Restrooms/showers: very clean, spacious, centrally located. My spot was in the back row and I didn't mind the walk

Lots: lots are really staggered/ set back from each other so…

• Campground Map
  • PW forest park
  • Next to an occupied lot - stagger makes it feel like you have more space
SiteF4
Cristina G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Site 58 was nice and private

Really enjoyed this park especially since it is so close to Washington DC. The sites were fairly level and shaded with a fire ring and picnic table. Verizon cell coverage was good. The comfort house with showers and flush toilets was clean. My only minor complaint would be during the weekend there…

b
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Expensive for people traveling

I found it expensive for a tent site. No electric or water and was over $40. Out of area fee and a transaction fee (I even paid cash) If your traveling looking for a cheaper place to park for the night, this is not it.

Siteone in the campground
G
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Great Place to park your camper!

We enjoy staying at the Americamps Resort in Ashland, VA. The location is ideal for accessing I95 & it’s easy to get in & out of. The park is well maintained & includes pool access & a workout room. The staff are friendly & helpful too!

SiteAmericamps Resort
Hannah R.
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Beautiful and remote, yet accessible

This campsite was gorgeous. We stayed at camp 2 which is at the top of a very steep hill but close to water and very private. We also liked camp 4 because the clearing was nice with several stumps to sit on. Wouldn’t recommend camp 3 or 5 because they were visible to the main trail. We camped in…

• waterdrop filter for stream water 👌🏻
Linda H.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Nice and quiet KOA

Pleasant, shaded sites. Well maintained with trash pick-up.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Tulip Loop, full hookups!

We took our 1st trip to Point Lookout the 1st week of June, glad we did. Tulip Loop has full hookups which was great, but the sites are basically in a swamp. I think we were there before the mosquitos. I'm sure with all the standing water they'd be everywhere!! We didn't have much cover from trees,…

Kelsey K.
Reviewed Jul. 4, 2021

Family oriented, but super close and not private

Initially disappointed by the tiny spot we got, but we were able to move. Majority of the spots are extremely close to the next and doesn't allow much privacy. Very few trees in between. We chose another spot that was available, however, we found out the first night that there is a boat area and…