The best BOAT IN camping near
Grangerville , VERMONT

Most Recent Grangerville Camping Reviews
secluded spot on a great little pond

I have yet to stay here, but I have explored and walked the camp and ate lunch at the beach.

What I saw was nice, it is a rustic campground with NFS rangers checking in once in a while.  The sites are well dispersed and private.

I'm excited to camp here next season.

Great State Park, wonderful lake and trails

I stayed here with a group in 2019, the park was quiet and clean. Some of the sites were a little wet so be be careful what site you get, watch out for 66 through 69. I was in 64 and it was fine.

Bathrooms and showers are nice. Area B in the back is great with some nice views and a small beach area.

The trails for hiking and biking are well maintained and take you past some old historical sites from before the lake was made. You'll see some old foundations and home sites.

If you're so inclined this is where you set of for wilderness camping along the shore. There are a number of sites only accessible by boat.

Highly recommend this campground.

Not the best facilities but the location is great

I am torn about this campground. I love the location. Well that is about the only positive. That is why I give it 3 stars. It actually would be less stars if not for thd location. The campground is located on the lake in the village of Lake George. It is nice that it is not directly in the center of the town but still within the village. It's really the only reason we stay here.

I have noticed over the years the increase of security. It seems out of necessity not as a precaution. I stayed summer of 2019 and it was the worst of my stays yet. The bathroom constantly flooded from broken toilets. Bathrooms stunk of weed all weekend. If that wasn't bad enough, a toliet seat ripped off the toilet and thrown in the middle of the bathroom. People are disgusting idiots. We are a group of families who stay every year. It was about 10:30 at night and I got yelled at for talking by an over zealous park ranger. Of course I treated her with respect and did what I was told. We quieted down but the pot smoke in the bathroom continued all weekend. Not sure why they went indoors to smoke. Feel free to smoke outdoor on your site. I wouldn't care but inside the bathrooms where children use is just out of line. I did complain at the gate but nothing was done.

In closing if you don't mind not being in the village of Lake George, check out Rogers Rock further north on Lake Shore drive in Huage NY. Much nicer in many ways and is on the Lake as well.

One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Wonderful site, great overall location

I've stayed here a couple of times and both times had a blast. Canoeing or kayaking on the lake is great and there are paddle only sites available.  Some of the best sites ore up on a bluff with views over the lake a towards sunrise.

This is just a great place for a getaway.

Very nice owners...lovely campground!

We have a “big rig” 40’ 5th wheel with 4 slide outs. Called them same day from Capital Region Welcome Ctr in NY, about 3 hrs away (below Albany). They had a full hook up, pull-thru corner space for us. Offered parking for our truck right across lane on separate site. Super nice owners! Went over COVID questions and after hour check-in instructions. We came in just after it got dark. Loved town of Shelburne. Awesome little shops and great, well stocked little local grocery store. Authentic Italian restaurant in grocery store parking lot…picked up delicious strombolis. Due to COVID, mostly call ahead/pick-up or drive thru for many things…incl. delicious coffee in town at Village Wine & Coffee and AWESOME cider donuts at Shelburne Orchards! Only a 20 min drive into downtown Burlington. Took narrated tour on Ethan Allen ferry on Lake Champlain. Shopped in artsy town. Extended our stay for TWO extra nights. Will def come back. Didn’t need to use, but noted that bathrooms were immaculately clean.

You should camp here!

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Everything was very clean. Our site felt secluded even though there were other people camping nearby.

Northern Forest Canoe Trail

This is only accessible by paddling the Missisquoi River. It is a very scenic spot and I have always found wood readily available. A small trail from the river leads to a bluff where there is a picnic table, fire ring and compsting toilet. There is plenty of room for several tents and hammock.

October 20

Tented here for long weekend… no wireless really, which disappointed. Few flat, even spots but we liked #136. Office staff seemed disinterested in helping for some reason. They had kayak and canoe rentals available. However, check the plug at the rear of the kayak!! Annoying shots fired randomly every morning from a nearby group of hunters (?). Showers were awesome!!! Campground is very dog friendly.

Great camping spot

We used this as a base camp for doing some day hikes nearby. Bathrooms were clean, it was pretty quiet, and most of the sites were separated by 10-20 feet of trees. The sites are not big, but easily fit 2 cars, 2 tents, and still had plenty of room around the fire ring. The lake was also a great place to cool off after a hike.