Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Bomoseen is located in Vermont
5 Reviews of Bomoseen
A great lake vacation

We stayed at Bomoseen State Park on a busy weekend in the squirrel lean-to, which was right on the water. It was during the COVID-19 pandemic, and we are happy to report that everyone wore masks in public spaces (restrooms), and that there was plenty of room for social distancing.

Because of the pandemic, the snack bar at the beach was closed, and there were no boat rentals available or picnic tables in the day-use area. The beach was lovely - sandy and perfect for swimming. It was fun to watch the boats coming and going too.

Aside from spending lots of time in the water, here are a few more activities I'd recommend -

Walk the Slate History Trail and the Bomoseen Loop Trail. Walk over to Glen Lake, which is a very quiet lake with a pretty trail alongside it. This was great for us because we brought our dogs and they could swim in Glen Lake without disturbing others with their antics, plus they're not allowed at the Lake Bomoseen Beach.

If you have time for a little side trip, I highly recommend heading over to Taconic Mountains Ramble State Park for a hike. The views were incredible, and there's even a Japanese Garden where you can relax and have a picnic. Hubbardton Battlefield is cool too.

Lovely campground on a lake

We found this campground while road tripping. We arrived on a Sunday night with no reservations and had our pick of sites. It fills on weekends so reservations are recommended. They have nice grassy sites and lean tos. There' s a nice beach and dock and a boardwalk path through the marsh. We wish would could have spent more time here.

fun camping for the family

we stayed 2 nights me my mom and 7 kids all my moms grandkids it was alot if fun we got 2 leantos they are great it was my kids first time camping EVER they loved it. our spot was close to the beach which had a fantastic park it was clean not busy at all. we will be back here

quiet campground on a beautiful lake

we wanted an escape from the crazy crowds on Memorial Day and this was the perfect spot. more local based and on a gorgeous lake in VT - …bathrooms were the cleanest of any campground we’ve ever stayed at. Sites are pretty close together but if you can score a lean to your right on the lake with good spacing between each. will def be making this a yearly tradition

Clean comfortable Campground

I go here for a week every July with a group of ladies. The waterfront lean-tos are kind of close together. Because we are all here together, this is not a problem for us. If you want more privacy, some of the primitive sites are a little more spread out. There is a new (few years old)clean comfortable heated bathroom with coin op showers.

We like the waterfront lean-tos so we can keep our kayaks on the water the whole week.

Getting ready to go again

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift