Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 40 ft.
Rogers Rock Campground is located in New York
12 Reviews of Rogers Rock Campground
One of the best NY State campgrounds

The campground is located on the shores of Northern Lake George (Huage NY). It's worth noting that the campground is located about 30 miles North of the village of Lake George. You are a few miles from Ticonderoga NY (which has a super convenient Walmart). Before the pandemic, the campground let a local man come in and sell wood and ice. Not pricey but super convenient. When I camped Summer 2020, they did not allow the wood guy in. It was a bummer but wood is easily purchased along Lake Shore Drive. New in 2020- Verizon customers have strong cell service. I am T mobile and I did not.

The bathrooms are super clean and well maintained. Always stocked with Toliet Paper. Reservations are done online. Easy and convenient. Prime sites reserve quickly even on none Holiday weekends. It still feels less crowded then most campgrounds. There is a hiking trail which located in the campground. The view at the top is breathtaking. So worth the Hike and not supper hard. See pictures. The Lake itself is undoubtedly the clearest lake I ever seen. Simply beautiful! (Wish my pictures would upload). We return every year.

One of my favorite places on earth 🏕🏞

Awesome Lake George camping

I was lucky to book a site (#68)on the water. Beautiful views and morning sun. There is a nice trail to walk that follows along the shoreline. Each site has a fireplace and table. Some water sites have a steeper path to the water. Cell service is iffy.

We love this campground!!

Ever since we went for the first time, it became our favorite! You have an easy access to Lake George by doing a short hiking into the woods, which is one of our favorite things to do. Also, no lines ever when it’s time for a bath. The amount of bathroom are very reasonable comparing with the size of the campground. We really love going there!

Rangers are terrific!

This is a very popular spot and it’s nice to see so many people enjoying beautiful Lake George. The day use area has shady spots and grills, nice for the kids.

Best spot north of Hague

Huge camp grounds, crystal clear water, and RV hook ups.

Site 233 has a ton of bugs and mosquitoes being so close to the creek run off, head closer to the lake if possible.

Beautiful camping site

Really great place for camping. you can rent boats or kayaks, or bring your own. A very calming place and a great place to camp.

Good and not so good

There are a lot of good things and some bad things that could be corrected. Good - fabulous location, great amenities like the beach, boat launch, volley ball court, and picnic areas. Not so good - public road running through the campground with uncontrolled access to part of the campground. (And a warning sign would be advised on that 55 mph road. It can be difficult to cross.) The restrooms were unsanitary, and the showers were not cleaned at the posted time. Some roads are unpaved, unmarked with directional signs, very narrow, and tough to navigate. The site was much smaller than expected, but luckily we only needed space for one tent.

Northern Lake George camping at its best

Ive been coming to this spot nearly every year since I was a little girl. Its really the image of what a campground should look like to me- lots of untouched woods with well-shaded little dirt plots, access to fresh water and some electricity, clean bathhouses, cliffs and small beaches to jump into the 30 miles of crystal clear water that borders the furthest end of the property. Lake George is such a breathtaking site to wake up to, I would highly recommended getting an outer loop site near the water. Convenient firewood and candy trucks circle the grounds about twice a day too.

The best!

We made this campground an annual trip after falling in love with it the 1st year we went. Each year we have a bigger group and have the best time. Great atmosphere, lots of families. The sites are great and even walking around the campground is fun.

I live to go here.

As a little girl my mother was brought here by my grandparents. I was first here before I was a year old. I spent 2 weeks here every year as a kid. Over the years it became a part of me. As an adult I still make sure I get up there every year. I even got married right there in the park.

I've seen the park change a lot over the years. The sites used to be further apart with more privacy and woods surrounding each site, but they had to change so more people could enjoy the park. The bathrooms and shower houses are maintained and cleaned daily, which is good because some campers are just inconsiderate and disgusting. The staff is friendly, helpful and just all around great people. Quiet hour starts at 10PM.

There is a truck that drives around and sells firewood, ice, and bait. My friend used to drive a blue bus around the park selling general goods, candy, and ice cream, but he is no longer doing that. For garbage there is a garbage dumpster and recycling dumpster located close to the park entrance.

There is a boat launch ramp close to the beach. The beach has a lifeguard to watch over the swimmers. Dogs are not permitted on the beach. Also close to the beach area kayaks and canoes are available to rent for about $10-$15 per day.

Overall this is my favorite place to hang out and camp.

Year 2021 Flag