About Rogers Rock Campground
Hike In
Rogers Rock Campground is located in New York
7 Reviews of Rogers Rock Campground
Beautiful camping site

Really great place for camping. you can rent boats or kayaks, or bring your own. A very calming place and a great place to camp.

Good and not so good

There are a lot of good things and some bad things that could be corrected. Good - fabulous location, great amenities like the beach, boat launch, volley ball court, and picnic areas. Not so good - public road running through the campground with uncontrolled access to part of the campground. (And a warning sign would be advised on that 55 mph road. It can be difficult to cross.) The restrooms were unsanitary, and the showers were not cleaned at the posted time. Some roads are unpaved, unmarked with directional signs, very narrow, and tough to navigate. The site was much smaller than expected, but luckily we only needed space for one tent.

Northern Lake George camping at its best

Ive been coming to this spot nearly every year since I was a little girl. Its really the image of what a campground should look like to me- lots of untouched woods with well-shaded little dirt plots, access to fresh water and some electricity, clean bathhouses, cliffs and small beaches to jump into the 30 miles of crystal clear water that borders the furthest end of the property. Lake George is such a breathtaking site to wake up to, I would highly recommended getting an outer loop site near the water. Convenient firewood and candy trucks circle the grounds about twice a day too.

The best!

We made this campground an annual trip after falling in love with it the 1st year we went. Each year we have a bigger group and have the best time. Great atmosphere, lots of families. The sites are great and even walking around the campground is fun.

I live to go here.

As a little girl my mother was brought here by my grandparents. I was first here before I was a year old. I spent 2 weeks here every year as a kid. Over the years it became a part of me. As an adult I still make sure I get up there every year. I even got married right there in the park.

I've seen the park change a lot over the years. The sites used to be further apart with more privacy and woods surrounding each site, but they had to change so more people could enjoy the park. The bathrooms and shower houses are maintained and cleaned daily, which is good because some campers are just inconsiderate and disgusting. The staff is friendly, helpful and just all around great people. Quiet hour starts at 10PM.

There is a truck that drives around and sells firewood, ice, and bait. My friend used to drive a blue bus around the park selling general goods, candy, and ice cream, but he is no longer doing that. For garbage there is a garbage dumpster and recycling dumpster located close to the park entrance.

There is a boat launch ramp close to the beach. The beach has a lifeguard to watch over the swimmers. Dogs are not permitted on the beach. Also close to the beach area kayaks and canoes are available to rent for about $10-$15 per day.

Overall this is my favorite place to hang out and camp.

Birthday Week

We celebrated a birthday here with some week day camping. While week days reign supreme in the summer time, it held up to its rep of a beautiful campground with hiking trails and swimming! What more could you ask for.!

Lake George Gem

For the last three years, we have traveled with dozens of friends and families to Rogers Rock Campground, which is tucked into the north end of the gorgeous 32 mile-long oasis that is Lake George. The sites are rustic and vary in size. Some have excellent access to the water and others are a short walk from the beach or the giant rock that serves as a makeshift beach for those that know and love this campground.