Enterprise, UTAH

Camping Utah Enterprise

Most Recent Enterprise Camping Reviews
Pretty good

The area was beautiful, but the campsites don't have tables or firepits. There was also a huge cattle ranch near where we camped, and the noise made it hard to sleep.

Private owned primitive campsites

This off the beaten path campground near Zion National Park is a great place for those looking for a more relaxed time.

I found this on Hipcamp app and I am so glad I did, not a soul was around the 2 days we were there.

Head out of Virgin Ut. Up Kolob reservoir rd to Smith Mesa rd. Following it out of Zion Nat. Park onto the private road it gets a bit rougher and I higher clearance vehicle is recommended. Reaching the turn off to the campsites and turning right onto a two track road that leads to the sites. Now I must caution that if there has been or will be moisture this road is nearly impassable if not completely impassable.

Once at the sites follow the road back to were the host has set a couple porta-potties, which are a nice luxury when you are primitive camping.

There are like 50 places you can choose from dispersed throughout the site, there are numerous roads that have fire rings, some very near the Mesa's edge with views of the valley below. The views are spectacular in every direction.

Again I booked through Hipcamp but hopefully The Dyrt can also be used in the future.

I really loved this spot, and want to return to it soon, and the proximity to so many National parks is so perfect to see so much. Cell service is sketchy, but if you really want it try to camp more towards the rim, I was able to get 4 bars of 4g on T-Mo.

The altitude is 5,500 ft so early or late season may be cold, and I can't say it enough, stay away if moisture is expected.

There also is no trash receptacles so please be respectful and pack out what you pack in..

Happy camping

Beautiful and Accommodating camp spot

After primitive camping for 3 days up above on Smith Mesa, we opted for this full service jewel to reinvigorate ourselves. This park has a pool, hottub, very clean showers and restrooms, a laundromat, a store and a onsite restaurant. First impression is how much work they put into the site, groundskeeping is constant and it shows. It is immaculately clean and although on the pricier side of campgrounds it is luxury, and a welcome change from "roughing" it. The tent sites closer to the road can be noisy from the traffic, but that is about it for cons. Treat yourself to a hot shower, a hottub and a hot meal.

Ranger Review: Kuga Campervan at Cathedral Gorge State Park

Campground Review: Cathedral Gorge State Park is a beautiful spot of geologic mystery. When you are driving in, you will wonder what the appeal is initially and then BAM! The first small cathedral formation shows up on your right and you are awestruck. You head off to the campground where you are greeted with a large pile of firewood for sale, an intro sign and pay kiosk, and plenty of campsites. Granted it was late December in the middle of the week but I was basically the only person in the entire campground. There was one other RV there but it was very quiet and calm at the site. The sites were mostly level but were rocky dirt so tent camping would have been a bit tricky. Each site has a picnic table, fire pit, and shelter over the table. There were free hot showers on the main campground side and the water was very hot and the bathrooms were heated too. Flushing toilets and sinks were well maintained.

The amphitheater is right next to the bathroom and in between sites so if there is an event happening there it might be loud for the closest sites. The group sites are across the road from the main campground so they are easily accessed by the other site. In the group site there are single stall bathrooms and more showers but they took money. I didn’t see a sign for how much they cost.

There is also a handicap campsite next to the bathrooms on level paved ground so it would be best for van or RV camping.

There is a trail that you can take straight to the main attraction of the park, the caves. They were absolutely stunning. It was so much fun to play in all the slots and explore on your own. They aren’t super long so it would take a lot to get lost. But be careful, it is crumbly and slippery in snow. I ended up hiking from the campground all the way up to Miller’s Point lookout and back in about an hour. It was a great spot to check out for sunset. I was solo out there so I was able to really appreciate the beauty of the park and the creation of the formations. You can see the rock formations in all stages of life. It’s a great spot to hike, bike, and play.

Travellers Autobarn Kuga Campervan Review(Cooking): While out volunteering over a week for the Audubon Bird Counts, I was able to evaluate the AWESOME Kuga campervan. Check it out: https://www.travellers-autobarnrv.com/campervan-rv-rentals/kuga-campervan/

Since I was gone for 7 days, I broke my evaluation up into sections where the most important features of the van were utilized. If you want to see the rest, check out my reviews for Pahranagat Wildlife Refuge, Cathedral Gorge State Park, Ash Meadows Wildlife Refuge, Desert Wildlife Refuge, and Big Dune Recreation Area

This company is awesome, they come from Australia and New Zealand and we are super excited to have a truly affordable rental camper van in the United States! You can rent out different sizes and get an array of gear with them. This is perfect for music festivals, road trips, and for camping in extreme weather.

• Cooking: In order to cook in the van you will need to get out of the van and turn on the propane tank. It’s a good idea to leave the door to the tank open too for extra ventilation. This makes it a bit frustrating when you have to keep going in and out to open and shut the door/turn it on and off but that is campervan life. You will also need to open the top vent(and maybe even the fan) when you are cooking. When you get ready to take off, you will need to shut all the open doors and top vent so it doesn’t get caught on anything or taken in the wind. You will need to pay for the propane tank to be refilled or prepay for the tank before you leave.
  • Water: There is a 14 gallon tank on board and I didn’t even come close to using it all on my 7 day trip. There is a switch you will need to turn on in order to activate the pump. Make sure you turn it off at night so the pump doesn’t freeze! There is not a garbage disposal in the sink so make sure your plates are scraped off before you wash them. Don’t put garbage down the sink. It is only cold water for dishes so you will need to boil some water and fill the sink in order to scrub dishes properly. I used the sink for storage of clean and drying dishes when I was travelling too. You will need to empty the tank when you are done. It is easy flip open of a toggle underneath the edge of the van.
  • Food storage: There is plenty of counter space but no way to keep the food from moving around so with the cabinets filled with gear, I had to do some rearranging to get food stored in there too. The fridge was totally big enough for what I needed for my trip(lunch meat, cheese, dips, condiments, beer, and veggies). I even had some ice cream and whiskey in the freezer. It stayed nice and cold due to being run by the solar panels. The microwave is run off external power so you will need to be connected to an electrical outlet in order to use it. The cables are supplied in the van.
Beautiful. Fresh. Full of Life

I have been at this campground twice and both times have been fun. The camp comes well equipped with bathrooms and water pumps to put out campfires. The sites are evenly spaced out and they are clean. The mornings are usually fresh due to the amount of shade the canyon receives and you most likely will see deer roaming around looking for food. I will be camping here in the near future!

Great stopover for long roadtrips

This is an AMAZING and easy stopover on the way from Colorado to California. It is within an hour of Hurricane and a little over an hour from Vegas.

It is a perfect water stop on hot days. The camping is only $8 per site. They are open to the elements but on a long drive it is a welcomed sidetrack to be on.

There are semi clean bathrooms, trash, covered picnic tables and water access. It is off the main highway so there is a tiny bit of noise but the landscape more than makes up for it with it's red beauty and lovely water fun! I haven't seen a ranger here in the 4 times i've stayed but the self pay station is self explanatory.

Update: The recreation area is closed for right now due to construction but will reopen soon.

In one word: Meh.

There is nothing impressive about this campground. If you have an RV/trailer and it’s all that is available, it will do. If you are tent camping- find somewhere else. I have no intention of ever going back or revisiting this place. The staff wasn’t very friendly and the sites were just dusty/dirt. This is my least favorite campground- ever.

Pros: location, location, location. Close to the south entrance of Zion National Park. I think you can even float the Virgin River from the campground (we went in the fall and it was too cold for us). Facilities were clean. Close to shops/restaurants. Cell phone service (T Mobile).

Cons: Busy and commercialized. Since it’s behind a hotel, don’t expect to be camping “in nature”. We should have just stayed in the hotel. Staff was acceptable, but not overly friendly.

Wonderful site

This camp site was awesome! Had plenty of openings, reasonable price and full hookup! At the site we were on there was a creek behind us which we loved and so did our dogs! Friendly neighbors! Beautiful place. Located close to Zion park. A lot of off road adventures near by

Beautiful Scenery

Dry camping. They have a few spots with hook ups but you are basically in a parking lot just feet away from next RV. Many spots not level. No shade. Scenery is very nice. Colored rocks. Not far from St.George. Was very hot for May. They have showers public restrooms.

Peaceful local spaces

A peaceful spot. Lots of bike trails. Disk golf close by. Restrooms available. Hiking. Nice views.