Equestrian
Hike In
Snow Canyon State Park is located in Utah
15 Reviews of Snow Canyon State Park
Amazing Spring Camping Spot

I'd recommend this as an early spring camp outing. The temps climb quickly in Southern Utah in late spring. My kids had a blast in the sand dune area.

Amazing place

I had no idea this place existed and I’ve been driving through St. George for years. There is a lot of beautiful variety in the landscapes within the park. The park fee was $10 but if you camp at Snow Canyon, it’s included in the cost.

The sand pit reminded me of something from the Flintstones. A great spot to take your kids to play in this super soft, red sand. I would recommended taking a bike or a longboard (like I did in my video) and ride along the paved sidewalks. You get to be immersed in the vegetation and have a great view of the canyons. Definitely will be returning soon!

Beautiful Scenery

Dry camping. They have a few spots with hook ups but you are basically in a parking lot just feet away from next RV. Many spots not level. No shade. Scenery is very nice. Colored rocks. Not far from St.George. Was very hot for May. They have showers public restrooms.

Breathtaking Scenary

Good accommodations. Comfortable with great vistas. Restrooms and shower facilities very clean.

Picture Perfect

Spent two glorious days in the Park. Was able secure a camp spot and was very impressed with accommodations. Great recreational opportunities. Presented great photo opportunities.

The Best

A definite must. Very photogenic with great hiking and biking opertunities

Beautiful scenery you have to see in person.

Just returned from 2 nights, my only negative is the assignment of walk up sites. Arrived the first day in plenty of time only to get the group overflow section, being told we could get a regular site the next day. Showed up the next morning first in line to only be told we want to accommodate the folks staying 2-3 nights not one more. Decided to stay in the what basically is a parking lot for the group site. So note make sure everyone is on the same page for site assignment. Okay the positive it actually is a beautiful camp ground and state park. All levels hiking, climbing etc. Clean facilities and friendly staff. Next time I’ll make advanced reservation since the walk up part is a mess.

EXCELLENT

Great place for camping with younger kids. Lots of shorter trails, nice bike path, great variety in geology and hikes.

Snow Canyon Overlook

2.5 mike hike in, 300 ft elevation gain, easy trail to beautiful overlook of southern Utah. Camp is a sandy open area next to the overlook and cliffs of Snow Canyon State Park. Free to camp. Great for backpackers!

amazing views!! 10/10

this place was so awesome! it was our first stop on a road trip, and I couldn’t have picked a better campground! the park rangers were friendly, there was a camp host to help us out, the bathrooms were clean and showers warm, and the scenery was just amazing. 10/10, wIll return :-)