Cameron, TEXAS

Most Recent Cameron Camping Reviews
Been there 100 times

Very secluded and low volume area. I would consider this a rough site. Not for thin skinned people expecting a beautiful oasis. There is a passable boat ramp, few covered picnic tables and a cornhole “bathroom” there. No ele or water. Tons of hiking if you follow the road in and look for the 4x4 paths to the right. No fee admission. Tent/trailer/rv/sleep in car/on the ground, whatever. Lots of arrowheads laying around if your lucky to spot one. Highly suggest having some sort of personal protection for the critters that come in the wee hours of the night.

Westcliff

I appreciate all the park workers but the short guy with the glasses is a real jerk.but still my favorite place.

Peaceful camping

We stayed at site 77 and I really liked the privacy of most campsites. This spot had easy access to the bathrooms and to the trail to the lake. My husband and friend attempted to fish on the lakeshore but were unsuccessful. The trail system is apparently expansive, but had been closed while were there due to some flooding. We did explore the Wilderness Run and Sunset trails, both of which we enjoyed. The greenery is very odd here - stark contrast between bald (dead?) trees and bright green grasses and shrubs. Either way, we had a great time camping here over a weekend.

Had a great stay!

I am new to the rv life and own a used Coleman Bayside pop up camper. I own a business in Austin and love escaping to the woods at the end of the day.

Im wrapping up a 10 day stay at Cedar Breaks Park campground and will return for sure!

Lake Georgetown is the main attraction and is beautiful, quiet & clean.

The park & campground is easy to find and easy for larger or vehicles with travel trailers / campers in tow. Many grocery stores / restaurants / shopping / medical facilities are close by also (within 2-5 miles)

Sites all have 30, 50a and water hookups (im not sure about sewer hookups at sites but they do have a sewer dump station at front of campground) more than adequate restroom & shower facilities located in the center of the campground.

The staff is absolutely amazing, they are friendly, knowledgable and accommodating.

ROOKIE MISTAKE #1 “GET THE AFTER HOURS GATE CODE” After setting up camp the first day, I realized I needed food for Grady (my silver lab) and drove to Walmart. WELL, I didnt pay attention and got locked out. I didnt have the after hours gate code & had to park out front and walk down to my site & wentback up in the morning to get my truck.Not a huge deal, but a lesson I learned lol

Favouriteso far

This place is awesome beautiful lake

Well maintained and quiet place to camp

We had a quaint campsite with a Lakeview.

Each campsite appeared to be level and clean. The sites were spaced out so that you’re not camping on top of one another. Each space had a picnic table and grill. There was a fishing pier, boat ramp, and beach to swim at. Many of the camping spots can be reserved online, but the park maintains some camping spots for first-come.

Horrible conditions

We had called and made reservations and as we confirmed asked if a 40ft class A could fit. Well we got there and 1st of all it is so badly run down. Also the spot he wanted us to pull into was on grass and way too small. He said oh you can fit between those 2 trees. Omg I said absolutely not, you see how big our RV is and we would sink. No gravel even. Such a disappointment.

Pretty Nice

This recreation.gov campground was adequate for our needs. Most sites are shady, the outdoor tables we're sturdy, and there were fire pits and a separate cooking grill on a raised post. They parking pass we're decent asphalt. It is located on Lake Waco. There was some road noise from the highway. The toilet/shower house left a little to be desired. It wasn't as clean as it could have been. The women's showers had 2 stalls, one handicapped. The handicapped shower did not work. The other shower had a very difficult shower head to control the volume and direction of the spray. It was very cold the first morning and the shower building is not heated and had open screening at the top so showering was very eye opening! But the trees were beautiful with quite a few pecan trees. We would probably camp there again.

Great campground. Friendly camphost

Very clean and we'll maintained. Large v spaces.

Me