Netarts, OREGON

Most Recent Netarts Camping Reviews
A Night on the Creek

We spent only one night here (approx. 45°41'49.5"N 125°44'18.1"W) in a lovely clearing featuring a metal fire ring. Sites are designated, but free for use up to 14 days. Lots of fishing accessible along Cook Creek. Road is dirt/gravel and currently ends about 3.5 miles in due to "flooding damage" which takes the form of several very large boulders blocking the way. Our intention was to go for another 1.5 miles or so, but we were very happy with the site we found. We will definitely return!

Campers beware

Not a very nice place, ok for 1-2 nights other than that, steer clear. 1.5 years experience, reason for leaving, I broke up with my ex, she gave me a 24 hour eviction notice, but actually gave me 6 hours to vacate. Then when leaving she 86'd me, because I broke up with one of her favorites, children. Talk about sketchy, I am thankful that I cannot return, that was the best things anyone could of done, and I yet to see what kind of resort that place is? No free WiFi, unlike advertised, bathrooms are locked most of the time. It was like living in a cult, we were told that if we needed police assistance, we needed to contact the office prior, why, not everything in that park is the managers business, oh and be careful what you say in or out of the trailers, because random people listen I outside of the park. I'm being very honest, when I moved here, I thought, this has gotta be what most people call the trashiest trailer park this side of the Mississippi River. Sorry I seldom had any good experiences in this park.

Not safe

We had planned to spend one night here. But after doing laundry next door we decided to keep going. The community is filled with homeless people and there was “unsavory” businesses surrounding this park. I didn’t feel safe!

Turned around

This was to be our second trip to cape lookout, our last was four years ago. The park was no extremely overgrown and the sites appeared to have unkept long term campers! We didn’t stay! Went down the road to cape Kiwanda and had a nice night.

Pleasantly suprise

We don’t typical like private owned campgrounds but this turned into a nice night! The winter price was equal to what the state parks charge and we were given a nice private site upon request. The park is filled with tame rabbits which was a bit hard to control our hunting dogs. The brewery across the street was a great spot for a birthday dinner and the surfers we’re great to watch!

Magical forest plus beach

This is our second visit to Beverly beach. It is located right off hwy 101, but tucked into the trees for privacy. It seemed quite a bit run down since our last visit for years ago. We stayed in the very back which was nice and quiet. The front campground is right by the beach, but under a bridge which has a lot of road noise. We enjoyed the hiking trail around the perimeter of the park and the kings surf didn’t disappoint. Only one shower house was open in febraury, but it has individual free showers. There was many hosts and they even delivered our firewood to our site

Disappointing

The beach is lovely and this park has many spots but it wasn’t as nice as the others we’ve winter camped at this February. Showers require quarters, but are hot and clean. Most sites are just gravel and the RV section is just like a big parking lot, no privacy at all

SPECTACULAR wildlife all around

[ PROS ]

• We came during offseason (November) and camped at this State Park for 3 nights. Man, it was so amazing. It was super quiet and empty so we felt like we had the entire park to ourselves.

• A family of deer visited us every single morning/night during our stay. We definitely didn't try to interact with them, but they were comfortable to roam right around our site which was a really magical experience

• Nehalem Bay is such a beautiful area and the State Park is nestled in lots of beautiful, lush greenery. There are lots of birds, plants, and other wildlife to observe. We loved hearing coyotes yapping in evenings from the campground.

• It's very peaceful and serene here. It's right by the beach and an easy walk to the coast. We also got to visit Manzanita for a little day trip and had lunch out there. Such a cute little coastal town worth checking out.

• Free hot showers and really nice restrooms. I'm starting to realize that Oregon State Parks are SOOO much superior to California State Parks. The amenities at all the Oregon campgrounds I've visited are wonderful. We definitely got spoiled by camping in Oregon that it will be hard going back home to California

• Very close to stores, restaurants, and gas stations if you need to pick up supplies.

[ CONS ]

• While it was a beautiful campground, the sites are rather small and close together. We obviously didn't experience this campground when it's crowded, but I can imagine how packed it would feel.
Our Favorite State Park

Yes it can be busy but we love it here. We mainly come weekdays & off season. The camp ground is clean and the beach is lovely. We like that you can walk into Manzanita or bike. It’s quite. On second thought, don’t come here😉

Thousand Trails Seaside Is Worth The Stay

This was an interesting Thousand Trails. We stay three nights from October 11th through 14th, 2019, at campsite 151, the stay was free due to our Thousand Trails membership. Our site had sewer, electricity, and water hook up. The sewer connection at the campsite was a nice plus. The site was level and easy to back in to.

The sites were the closest we've been to at a Thousand Trails, with no trees for privacy. What made the Seaside interesting was there wasn't much noise even though the sites were close to each other. The campground was at sea level and just outside of downtown Seaside. Our 28 ft travel trailer easily fit into our spot. Once we entering the campground, the campground roads are all gravel.

The weather in October was high overcast in the low 60's, the nights low 40s. This is a very quiet campground, activities we found at the campground to keep busy was a very nice indoor pool, indoor sauna, indoor spa and exercise room with treadmills. The campground has clean free showers, plenty of hot water and not more than a 5 minute walk from our campsite.

My wife and I enjoyed the campground, we took a trip north to Fort Stevens for the day, geocached and hiked around the fort. Seaside was a fun town, its grown a lot since my first visit there 20 years ago.