Danville, OHIO

Camping Ohio Danville

Most Recent Danville Camping Reviews
Beautiful country

Beautiful trails, waters and scenery. We love tent camping here and it’s cheap! We hit this park every year for camping and lake days on the beach with friends!

mis guided

My wife and I were very disappointed after spending a lot of money for the first year seasonal.

If we could give a negative star rating we would. Asking for a couple of simple items to be taken care of "the wife" said either no or gave excuses. If you talked with the daughter and or the husband you would get another answer. the other two were much more positive. "The Wife" really needs not to be dealing with the public, or even speak to others at the campground as she is rude and demeaning to others. In fact, she runs the place like a prison camp!

The second seasonal contract they put out if someone really looked at it a little closer they would realize that the owners are not free from any type of recourse.

When you are told that any damage to your RV and or Camper is all on you when they have a tree that is rotting away and can fall on your RV and or Camper. They have zero liability. Yeah Right!!!

Let's not forget the flooding, since the whole campground is in a flood zone. If you have a seasonal site good luck with your camper not floating away.

We personally witnessed an electrical box catch fire, and then cause damage to a brand new camper.

The Campground has now gone to a card access system and if you are out with friends and come back you may not be allowed back in because you are out past a certain time frame. (Not confirmed by us but a conversation from another seasonal person)

Once again, "the Wife" will probably be the downfall to this campground. Just cause you are in Granville does not make you pristine.

We have talked with others that have seasonal sites that are looking at leaving to go somewhere else from there own dealings with "the wife".

I would not recommend this place even to someone I do not like.

Incredible Campground

The Owners are to what I would say in a huge transition stage for this campground. They are making major strides in not only making this a great place to go and stay for the weekend and all season. They have updated the electric, plumbing, the public bathrooms, the stage. Bonus they just opened up a new section that makes you feel like you are on your own piece of heaven.

I guess one of the most awesome things is you become family with others in the campground and everyone looks out for each other.

I have recommended this place to others and have had others come out to enjoy what this place has to offer. After making recommendations 2 of our friends have purchased campers and have become seasonal campers.

Family campground

Great sized campground. Some shady sites backed up to the woods.

Kayaking

Lots of access for trails & kayaking.

Picnic & play area

Great day use area. Fishing Picnicking Shelters Playgrounds

Great Family Campground

Lots of sights & very family friendly. They’ve been upgrading the bathrooms. Open throughout the winter. Lots of trails nearby and the lake.

Huge park

Lots of places to camp & explore. Trails near the water are incredible. Amazing family campground.

Excellent River Camping

Beautiful campsites on the water and near it. Playgrounds, cabins, camper cabins, tent sites & camper sites. Some camper sites have electric & water. First come first serve in the winter. One heated bathroom with a shower is open in the winter. Absolutely beautiful & great trails.

Most beautiful campgrounds in the state

I have been going to Mohican Wilderness since the Early 90's. Not a whole lot has changed since then. There is a new office and parking area that is top notch. The campsites are huge and usually shaded. Mohican Wilderness will be a lot more rustic than other campgrounds but this only adds to the relaxation factor. My only knock on this campground is the county Sheriff maintains too strong of an overnight presence I have seen many campers harassed for no real reason.