Jeffersonville , NEW YORK

Camping New York Jeffersonville

Most Recent Jeffersonville Camping Reviews
Family Friendly

This is a very nice campground for families. Has a lot of activities and facilities for campers. It is a bit more open and campsite can be a bit close to each other. But the place was very clean a friendly.

Not a great “camping” experience

Stayed in a spot without water hook up. All spigots to fill camper with water were situated just off main driving lanes resulting in a lot of congestion of cars behind us when attempting to fill tanks. Spots were very cramped and sites lack any natural character. Kind of like a parking lot or a tailgate scene. Hiking trails were nice our stay was very crowded with lots of time traffic on all trails. May have been the overall crowding that negatively impacted our experience. Overall, not what we were expecting or looking for on a weekend getaway.

Great for groups

Big space - we had around 40 people for a group event and there was plenty for everyone to do. Well kept facilities

Nice

Even though I had a boo boo, they were very forgiving, after I explained that I had a brand new RV and it had an issue with my black water tank.  They called to let me know, and I was able to get it fixed under warranty from my dealer.  They were very nice and forgiving.  It was a nice welcoming place, I would go back again.

Convenient but not glamorous

Pros: easy to find, right off the highway, full hookups, open year round, big, same day reservations, friendly customer service

Cons: highway noise, not pretty / not in nature, close spots, no privacy

Beautiful and serene state park

TLDR: I would go back to this park in a heartbeat!

So I just got him from Promised Land State Park and it couldn’t have been a more relaxing weekend. We stayed at Pickerel Point in one of the loops.

Pros: Beautiful scenery, nice bath houses, big sites, easy access to the lake and pickerel point beach. Small town about 5-10 mins away where you can get the very basics, and another larger town with a grocery store, liquor store, and hardware store about 20 minutes away

Cons: dump station is a little tricky to get into or out of with a longer rig, sites can be pretty far out of level so bring lots of leveling blocks. It took 30 lego levelers for us to get level.

Nice Spot In The Poconos

Sites are kinda close together but it was fairly quiet even though it was full. I was not able to get WiFi even though I paid for it. We had to park near the office to get it to work. Kind of a pain to not be able to use the booster for all our devices in the rig.

Seen Better Days

This place was kinda rundown and in rough shape. Lots of cabins that are seasonal but have seen better days. We were able to find a site that was out of the way and felt like we were the only ones there. Nice trails leading out our door. Many of the sites had unusable hookup post. No wifi but okay AT&T cell service.

Amazing weekend getaway

Even the rain couldn't ruin this weekend getaway. The spring water source is a short hike back from the campsite, relatively convenient to restock from camp. Thought I heard bears come through overnight, but may have been a lucid dream. Bear can was undisturbed in the morning. First trip to the catskills but will definitely be back!

Great Campground

Great campground, majority is seasonal. The views for the pull through weekender sites are to die for. New owners are making some great updates. Will go back!