Tecolotito , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Tecolotito Camping Reviews
Greedy

Couldn’t stay due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by state governor.  The owners would not refund deposit.

Overpriced and Cramped

We were very disappointed and only stayed one night. Campsites were cramped to the point that our neighbor’s picnic table was approximately 3 feet from ours. The website stated that they were only operating at 50% capacity. Probably not the best choice if you are trying to social distance during these times.

Very well kept

Stayed here for a week with the family close to Santa Fe and Pecos national forest. Managers very friendly and can be quite entertaining if you hang around for a bit. Spaces are a bit tight if you have slide outs. Great place to stay and relax.

Clean sites

This seemed to be one of the better KOA grounds I’ve been to. There were a lot of trees and the place was super clean. The shop was well stocked and pleasant. The only con was how close the sites were to one another. It felt like we were on top of one another but everyone was friendly and respectful!

Popular spot

Beautiful drive through the Pecos to get to this site. Trail runs from the Pecos, over the mountain and into Santa Fe. We went to the campgrounds in July at the beginning of monsoon season. Lots of flies at the trail head and a very busy creek for fishing.

Small but nice area.

Drove up to Mora campground through Pecos off of I-25. Campground is small maybe 10 spots, no services and most back up to the river. Some spots very sunny and other lots of shade. Road up there at times is only one lane, I wouldn't recommend any trailer longer then 32 foot. I also drove to a boondocking area with plenty of places up in the hills nearby. There where a lot of fishing going on and one gentleman told me he has gotten three fish within his 1st hour. Spots are first come first served and I'm sure weekends are packed. I had no cell service.

Compact campground with pull thru sites

Stopped by this KOA to see what it offered for possible future stays. It's a compact campground that provides pull through sites as well as back-in and tent sites. They offer everything from 50 amp electric to cable TV. Sites are clean and neat. There's a dog park for your pets. Bathrooms are clean with hot showers. They have cabins available as well.

Great location for exploring Sandra Fe, Bandelier, and other national monuments.

KOA better than most

This was a quick overnight to dump and refill. We arrived just as the office was closing. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. This has all the normal stuff you would expect from a KOA plus some services we didn't use like cable TV. It is located in the foothills so it is not out in the hot windy flatlands or the cool woods. It is close to but not in or near SantaFe.

Clean and safe but basic

Basic sites at expensive prices. It was clean and safe. There was a dog run. They had bushes which were overdue trimming between sites. We couldn’t open our awning due to the low limbs. Our site was FULL of ant mounds of three varieties.

Santa Fe

My favorite KOA, this one is nestled in the ever greens close to the Pecos National Forest. The office is reminiscent of an Adobe home and the hosts are super nice and welcoming. The spaces are ample and the facilities clean.