The best YURTS camping near
Sunshine , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Sunshine Camping Reviews
Nice campground, but they don't include electricity in rate

This is one of only a few RV parks in the immediate area of the city of Taos. This campground had positive reviews, and the photos looked nice, so we chose it. As other people indicated, the park is clean, and reasonably spacious for a private campground. There were buddy sites so your traveling partners could have coaches facing one another, which is also nice.

There was ample room to park both our fifth wheel and our truck. The sites we had were concrete and level(we were traveling with others, and their site at a different area of the park was dirt/rock and much less level). There was good Verizon and AT&T cell service in the park as well.

I don’t use park WiFi, the laundry rooms, or the bathrooms so I cannot comment on that(although people we were traveling with said they were nice). My issue with this park is the way they charge.

Their website indicates a certain charge for 30 amp sites, 50 amp sites, pull-thrus and back-ins. Also, some had sewer, and some did not. Not until we got there did we discover that although we had paid for a premium spot with 50 amp power and sewer, that the cost of the electricity itself was NOT included in the price. This was not prominently indicated on their website. Their policy/procedure was to take a meter reading each day, and that cost was added to the camper’s bill at the end of their stay. I understand that many campgrounds do this for monthly campers, and even weekly. I have NEVER seen this at a campground on a daily rate. I have been all over the country, staying at private campgrounds from coast to coast, and this was the only one that I have ever seen that charged for electricity on a daily rental. I brought this to their attention, and their attitude was, “that’s the way we do it” and was terse about it. The actual dollar amount was not great, about$2/night…but that was based upon our usage.

We had people traveling with us that used their air conditioner(we did not) and it was about$5/night. They have every right to do this, but it goes against the industry standard that I have seen everywhere else. So, I am only giving this campground 2 stars because of that. If it weren’t for that, I would give it 4 stars. Take this information and use it how you choose.

We stayed in a 35’ fifth wheel.

Nice, Clean and Close to Town

Stayed early January so place was less than half full. Average space between sites, you’re not packed in with no space for slide outs which is good and each spot has picnic table

Bathrooms are dated but cleaned daily. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall the place could use a few upgrades but it’s a quality location and I would stay here again

Amazing spot

Great views surrounded by mountains…right on the red river. Minutes away from town and skiing…. Level spots host are amazing, super helpful and attentive. Wifi was pretty decent, showers and laundry were really good as well. Will definitely come back in spring for a different view…

Amazing spot

Very nice setting

This is a cute place with a small river running through it along with a trout pond. Full hooks ups, bathrooms were a little smelly. The owners were really cool and found a place for us in a pinch. I will warn you that it's really noisy , so if your looking for peace and quit look elsewhere. The town of Red River is very cool.

Right outside town

Not a bad setting. Surrounded by mountains, yet you are really in the city of Taos. Prices are fair, pull through with Electric and Water $43.00. The landscape is really cool, fits the New Mexico motif. A little noisy in the morning with the barking dogs in the surrounding neighborhood. We felt safe with no problems.

Great Soaking Place

Great place to soak your cares away.  We’ve stayed here about 6 times.  They’ve definitely upgraded the campground over the years.  There is now a separate bath house for the campground. The campsites are so-so, but it’s not really about the camping experience, more about taking advantage of the mineral springs.  You pay for daily camping plus a day fee for access to the soaking pools.  Definitely worth it!  The soaking area is about a 5 minute walk from the campground.  There’s a nice restaurant and wine bar as well.  There are also some nice hikes here.

Super quite location

My wife and I just spend two days at this RV resort. Its attached to the Ojo Caliente Spa Resort. The spaces only had eletric and water. The eletric and water outlets where placed in an odd location for the site and a dumb station is available for extra $20. One thing we both noticed about the RV park was how quite it was at night. No campfires in the RV park but the spa area had a big fire pit lit every night and where there so many of the RV community hung out there. It gave us a chance to meet our neighbors and talk traveling. We spent one whole day at the spa and was given a discount on its entrance price while staying at the RV park. There is also a great restaurant on site. We where traveling in a 34 foot 5th wheel. Cell service is spotty.

Gorgeous mountain town

If your wanting to get out and play in the snow or explore more in depth the beautiful culture of New Mexico, Taos has a little for everyone

Mature trees, beautiful property, soaking, hiking

I would have given this property 5 stars but they’ve become unfriendly to families. Children under 13 are not allowed in the hot springs.

The camping area is more of a campground than an RV park, in a positive way. Many of the sites are shaded with mature trees. A river runs by the edge of the campground (It can’t be seen from most sites).

Hike or mountain bike right from your campsite. No open flames are permitted but there’s a community campfire by the main lodge.

There’s an amazing restaurant on the property. Yoga is available in the yurt.