Sunshine , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Sunshine Camping Reviews
Nice campground, but they don't include electricity in rate

This is one of only a few RV parks in the immediate area of the city of Taos. This campground had positive reviews, and the photos looked nice, so we chose it. As other people indicated, the park is clean, and reasonably spacious for a private campground. There were buddy sites so your traveling partners could have coaches facing one another, which is also nice.

There was ample room to park both our fifth wheel and our truck. The sites we had were concrete and level(we were traveling with others, and their site at a different area of the park was dirt/rock and much less level). There was good Verizon and AT&T cell service in the park as well.

I don’t use park WiFi, the laundry rooms, or the bathrooms so I cannot comment on that(although people we were traveling with said they were nice). My issue with this park is the way they charge.

Their website indicates a certain charge for 30 amp sites, 50 amp sites, pull-thrus and back-ins. Also, some had sewer, and some did not. Not until we got there did we discover that although we had paid for a premium spot with 50 amp power and sewer, that the cost of the electricity itself was NOT included in the price. This was not prominently indicated on their website. Their policy/procedure was to take a meter reading each day, and that cost was added to the camper’s bill at the end of their stay. I understand that many campgrounds do this for monthly campers, and even weekly. I have NEVER seen this at a campground on a daily rate. I have been all over the country, staying at private campgrounds from coast to coast, and this was the only one that I have ever seen that charged for electricity on a daily rental. I brought this to their attention, and their attitude was, “that’s the way we do it” and was terse about it. The actual dollar amount was not great, about$2/night…but that was based upon our usage.

We had people traveling with us that used their air conditioner(we did not) and it was about$5/night. They have every right to do this, but it goes against the industry standard that I have seen everywhere else. So, I am only giving this campground 2 stars because of that. If it weren’t for that, I would give it 4 stars. Take this information and use it how you choose.

We stayed in a 35’ fifth wheel.

Wide Open Spaces

Eagles Nest Lake State park campsites are pretty wide open like the valley it is in. There is a nice cement pad with an awning and fire pit. Not much else and I wouldn't recommend it for tent campers. There were a few people braving the cool nights and crisp mornings. Water available when you drive in and that is about it. So plan on boondocking. Our site was level and drive through. The drive through sites are not huge so if you have a big rig you might want one of the back in sites. The sky was beautiful at night with the milky way visable. If it wasn't so cold I would of been taking photos. Access to the lake is a relatively short walk and may change if the lake wasn't so low.

Don't let the drive in fool you.

Mountains, lake, prairie dogs, deer…a little piece of heaven. Here in the off season, had the campground to ourselves. No power, no sewer, pit toilets. Loved this place!

Best campground in Red River, NM

4k River Ranch is the best campground in Red River. They've got RV sites, apartments, cabins and a beautiful penthouse in the center of town overlooking the town and mountain. The Red River runs through the park, so you can fish in it or in the stocked private pond. The have 50amp & 30amp sites. Pull-thrus, back-ins & buddy sites. WiFi is good for checking emails and browsing websites. Very nice bathrooms with showers plus a laundry room. The staff is fantastic and they've got a really nice new office/store. They're building new cabins along the Red River plus a new pavilion for family gatherings along with a playground for the kids.

One of my favorite spots in NM

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS :) beautiful scenery and very clean! i liked the set up of the camp ground, very spacious but still felt like a nice community. 10/10 must see.

Open Space Lots of Stars

Stayed 3 days back in March 2020. This is a well maintained no thrills RV park in the desert region of Colorado. Flat and level spaces that can accommodate any size RV. Large clean laundry facility and clean restroom and showers. Beautiful at night watching the stars but WINDY WINDY WINDY during the day. Good location to access dunes and south west park of Colorado. Did I say it was windy here!? It’s windy!

Winter Stay

Brought my teardrop camper to do a couple days at Angel Fire. RV park is about 5min from the AF parking lot. Multiple hookup options can accommodate any size camper. Pull thru and back in spaces. Water at site. Bathroom/Shower house small but very clean. Self check-in (covid) was simple. It was a mid-week, winter stay so they were very chill and not strict about check-in/out. That being said, don't be a jerk to them either. Will definitely stay again.

We really liked this spot

We camped here in June and had the place to ourselves.  We snagged a spot right on the river and spent a couple of nights.  While there isn't any serious hiking from the campground, just up the road was one of the best we've seen.  Great views and gentle climb in a valley with great views.

The sites are typical of a Forest Service campground, spread out with plenty of room.  This campground is best suited for campers under 30'.  The road in was terrible washboards.  Take your time.

Spacious, clean, luxurious!

Very nice RV resort! Full hookup, concrete level pads, huge pull thru sites, great for large rigs. A lot of amenities: playground, tennis courts, hot tub, pool, clubhouse. Very polite and attentive personnel! Only a few miles (10min driving) from the ski slopes. If winter camping - heated water hose is highly recommended! During especially chilly nights be prepared to fill up your fresh water tank and turn off and disconnect the hose from the external water supply! If it is frozen overnight, you will be subject to $150 fee.

Nice, Clean and Close to Town

Stayed early January so place was less than half full. Average space between sites, you’re not packed in with no space for slide outs which is good and each spot has picnic table

Bathrooms are dated but cleaned daily. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall the place could use a few upgrades but it’s a quality location and I would stay here again