Camping in Six Mile Gate

Recent Reviews Near Six Mile Gate, New Mexico

236 Reviews of 92 Six Mile Gate, New Mexico Campgrounds

Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Rim dispersed camping

We actually stayed off of FSR k87B. Here the campsites can get real close to the edge of the canyon. Super primitive, but amazing views. A little to hot this June.

• amazing spot
  • doggo posing for the pic.
SiteFSR k87B
Lori C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Great Views!

This is a small RV Park at Raton Pass almost to the Colorado border. Situated at the top of a hill, the views here are outstanding. When you arrive you are greeted and escorted to your site and given some parking help if you need it. It seems to be a quick overnight for most people, although we…

• The view from our site
SiteSite 11
Alan B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Stonewall Lodge is a great place

We were so fortunate to find Stonewall Lodge and rv Resort. Full hook ups, if that’s what you would like. Very friendly and relaxed atmosphere. Beautiful nature drives. We can’t say enough kind words about this lodge and campground.

Siteno number
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Nice but would be better in spring/fall

I came in on a Saturday and stayed three nights in the electric area. I reserved the last electric site which turned out to be wheelchair accessible. I hadn't seen that when making the res.It was bigger and off to the side, away from the row of RV park style sites.   I rode my bike around and saw…

• a row for RV's with hookups
  • up on the ledge, no water, no electric
  • up on the ledge
PThe Dyrt PRO User

Convenient place - Not great wifi

Overall I enjoyed staying here. The area is quiet and peaceful, there were some tiny trees for shade, they helped tremendously. I camp in my car, so this area was really nice for that, the ground is mostly gravel and not much space between the camp sites, probably not as enjoyable as a tent camper.…

PThe Dyrt PRO User

Convenient place - Not great wifi

M
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Stunning sunset view and great price

Just watched an amazing sunset from our spot. Conveniently located and super affordable. Very nice greeting from the man at the front desk as well. Definitely a nice find just outside of Taos.

Small area, nice creek

Sites were far enough from everyone else, but where right on the only road in and out. This is a popular spot between angel fire and taos. Not too primitive.

Stargazing in isolation

This place was off the beaten path, but we'll worth it. Beautiful canyon and open space. We will be coming back for sure.

David I.The Dyrt PRO User

Pretty Good

Good price for the experience. 25$ for a tent and 2 people. 5$ charge for each additional person.

The view is superb. Camping sites are a little close but not a problem. My only complaint is the bathroom. Disgusting Lol. But absolutely a must stop place to camp.

Jordyn M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Quick overnight in passing

We really enjoyed the drive along the Enchanted Circle, vert pretty, super scenic. We pulled into Ponderosa Campground around midnight on a Saturday, and there were plenty of spots available, with easy self pay station. Woke up to some beautiful views!

Site12?
J

Views for days

Great place to camp along the top of the Rio Grande.

J

Life on the Rio Grande

Nice and quite. Right on the River can’t beat it really.

Aaron M.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Very nice campground with full RV hookups

This is a great campground with top notch amenities. We enjoyed the laid back time we spent here looking at Fishers Peak. Nice to be that close to the lake. One thing to keep in mind, from the campsites there isn’t great access to the lake, you’ll need to come in From the East entrance to the park…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice camp area

Close to highway in a canyon. Can be noisy at times. Small river with trout. This is a state park with a camp host.