Camping in Mineral Hill

36 Reviews of 7 Mineral Hill, New Mexico Campgrounds

Gavin J.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Hidden gem

This campsite is hidden just below the bathroom on the West end of the big parking lot. Most campers pitch tent in the wooded area in the center of the parking lot - this is off the west end of the parking lot. Wonderful trails and you get to camp right in the middle of an aspen grove.

b
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

El Porvenir Campground

Very well maintained campground that is remote enough to get away but close to town in case you need something. Weather was great and the surrounding trails were beautiful!

MARK O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Adult only great location

Great location with immaculate grounds. Staff are friendly and other than a little road noise very peaceful.

Elian M.
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Well kept, friendly

Well kept, neighbors were friendly, and the sound of the river was soothing. Camping spaces weren't packed together but not so far apart to be considered private. I'd happily come here again :)

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Nice Campground with some age

I did enjoy staying in this Campground on the North end. Nice picnic tables with protection, water at each site, trash cans nearby, and vault toilets. The parking could be refreshed but the scenery is excellent. I would have preferred site 38N

Site39n
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Convenient to historic Santa Fe

This park had more airstreams than I have ever seen in one park. It was fun to be a part of the airstream community! The park is clean and our site was very level with convenient and very clean hook-ups. Our site was gravel and directly across from the registration building. I thought it would…

SiteA11
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

A nicer KOA

4/5/2021 Right off the highway. One of the nicer KOA's we have stayed at in the Southwest. True, the sites are close together which is typical at KOA's but this campground had lots of established trees which was nice (meaning shade). Many pull through sites. Full hookups. One of the unique things…

SiteSite 11 Pull Through Across from the Playground.
p
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Storie Lake

Fishing, boating and paddling! Pet friendly and accessible bathrooms. Not very much shade! You’ll need lots of sunscreen!

Allyse The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Kozy, Clean and Accommodating

We were hit by a blizzard driving through the I-25 pass from Santa Fe to Denver and had to take refuge in the KOA Las Vegas, NM for 2 nights. They quickly got us a space and allowed us to wait out the snow. Clean restrooms and showers, a shop in the grounds that serves breakfast. Hikes nearby. Very…

Month of VisitApril
Michelle D.
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2021

Not last minute late night camp spot friendly

They lock the site up after closing time...only a spike strip exit is open for campers. Wish we would have known before the long, narrow and curvy road 12 miles up the mountain. Fun drive but not when you just need a last minute place to crash for the night.

PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2020

Excellent location & excellent park

Very clean well managed park. Location can’t be beat. Bus stops right in front of entrance for a 15 minute bus ride to downtown historic area. Sites are well spaced. Lots of trees for shade. Would definitely stay here again.

S
Reviewed Mar. 18, 2020

2nd home

I went on my first solo hiking/camping trip here. Coming from Texas, I almost turned around to go back home with only 4 hours left of my drive because I was so terrified. When I drove up I got my dog and we scouted the area and found a secluded camp spot right away. There were quite a few people…

Wendy  K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2020

A must see and stay!

So, the campground hosts and the ranger Lawrence were very friendly. Bathrooms were cleaned often, and the showers were hot. Very secluded sites along the Pecos River, and a cute store for firewood etc nearby. There are hiking trails, and the one along the ridge was fun to hike.

• Campsite 12 and the Pecos River.
Month of VisitApril
M
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2019

Wife's favorite

Camped out in the open. Bright full moon. Beautiful trail along creek. Awesome stone shelters