the dyrt
Acworth, NEW HAMPSHIRE
Most Recent Acworth Camping Reviews
Primitive, woodsy full hookups!

Awesome owners with a small campground! Swimming pond and pool. Small Playground. Pull through, back in, tent sites.. we go here every memorial day for their 1 set of awning to awning sites with our camping buddies!

Very clean

All kinds of sites

No longer open

I called once to make a reservation and was told they shut down operations years ago.

Quiet and friendly seasonals

I have stayed here many times over the years due to work in the area. The owners are always working on improving sites. The pool is ok, the new playground is awesome according to my little experts and there are some nice sites along a brook. It does get busy at times and in one case very noisy. The owners addressed the issue right away and asked the group to leave the next morning. I, sorry for the bad experience another camper had but the owners have always been very friendly and helpful to me.

Secluded and quiet

Nice place to get away from it all. Very wooded and private sites. Many have lean-tos and brick ovens.

Mix of nice tent sites and an RV area

I stayed right on the river in site 14 with a small popup. The river is beautiful and the site was huge. We did some fishing and swimming. I get the feeling the other end of the campground with the RVs is not as nice and can be loud, but you can avoid it by staying on the tent side.

Our favorite

Beautiful campground. Lush grass meadows. 2 rivers intersect in the campground. Most sites are on or just off the river. Huge volleyball and sports meadow. Nice pavilion. There is a small group of camp sides with electricity and water but most sites have none. The bathrooms are clean. Where the two rivers intersect is a nice sport to put your feet in the water. Kids enjoy tubing the small rapids. We go for 2 weeks most every summer.

Clean

Decent campground. Sites are spaced out. No really good swimming area, unless you go to the other side of the lake to the public swimming area. Bathrooms are kept pretty clean. Campsites are large and are spaced well apart. We like going here.

Clean,quite, peaceful

There's a shower and nice lake with rentals

Clean, quiet

Nice sites. Clean bathrooms

Friendly is in the name for a reason!

Love the facilities. Clean, well maintained, private bathrooms/showers. Store is best I have ever seen. Well stocked with everything you could need. Stayed in cabin and tented, as well. Only negative is that there transient RV sites seem crowded, and many are out in open area. I prefer trees, but this wont keep us away from trying out RV sites this year.

Old, outdated.

Campground is city owned. Very rundown. City is evaluating the site now to decide whether or not to close it.

Love the nature aspect, not keen on the sites

You're surrounded by beauty here, but you may also be surrounded with neighbors. The sites offer little privacy even though they're spaced well. The lean-to's are a great amenity but I expected more mature landscaping to offer privacy. Still, we did one of the little hikes and ended at a viewpoint. My kind of place for a day trip more-so than a camping trip but if you don't mind the openness in a small campground then there's not really another downside. In addition, Brattleboro is nearby. Enjoy nature and the views and don't forget the bug spray!

Hands down my favorite place

Love this place. The camp store offers pleanty of stuff. Activity’s for children and adults. Love the pond. The new owners are amazing! And its not glamping. Every site seems perfect. With the hidden gem ones as well. My whole family loves going here! Stayed 2x thos yr. and booked 9 days next july and some in oct. close enough to home so my husband can comuit for work as well. Halloween themed weekend was so incredibly fun. The seasonal sights go all out!

Quiet, serene. Basic.

A jewel! Quiet, beautiful small lake/pond great for paddling.

Beautiful lake and owls at night

Some sites are right on top of each other, but if you can get a site in a more secluded spot it's very nice. I recommend a hike around the lake on the trails. Maybe an hour hike.

I'd live here

Easily my favorite campsite in the Northeast! Operated by the Green Mountain Club caretaker who lives onsite, this campsite costs only $5 per person per night. There's a big 3-wall cabin with room for at least 12, several tent platforms, and there's even a composting privy (#2 only)!! The pond is surprisingly warm for its altitude and it's home to two Common Loons. Water is available at a creek and a spring nearby. There's a huge jumping rock on the far side of the pond.

Really fun place to stay

Great for families and a lot of hiking and great places to see. Well worth the trip there!

Wonderful location

A very scenic place to stay. We will be going back here next year!

A great place for families and friends.

A great wooded location. On the river. Lots of great hiking trails.

Quiet and Private

Before hiking Mount Ascutney, we camped in the state park of the same name. We hiked the Weathersfield Trail (2.9 miles from trailhead to summit). It was a challenge, but well worth it. There were several lookout points with spectacular views. I highly recommend it!

We arrived around 7pm for a weekend stay. The ranger station was closed, but the rangers were kind enough to leave a note on a whiteboard for all the campers with reservations arriving late. The note reminded everyone of their campsites, and included a map that showed where each specific site was. It was very helpful! The campground is very wooded and dark, so without this map it would have been even more difficult to find our site!

Due to the looming threat of thunderstorms, we chose a lean-to site. Each sturdy lean-to was equipped with a broom to sweep out any leaves/dirt/debris that had accumulated in there. All sites included a fire ring and picnic table. There were some dated, but clean restrooms. There were coin-operated hot showers that were reasonably priced ($1 for 10 min). The campground also sold firewood ($6 for a good-sized bundle) and ice ($2 for a 5lb. bag) which can be purchased at the ranger station.

One aspect of this campground that I loved was the privacy. Due to the spacing between sites, and all the trees, it was quiet and peaceful. The campground couldn't have been more than a third full, but I bet it would still be quiet if it were more populated.

I really enjoyed my stay at Mt. Ascutney State Park Campground, and would love to return!

Clean, friendly staff, good facilities.

This campground at Gilson Pond on Monadnock State park is only about 8 years old and is very well maintained. Staff is friendly and laid back. Campsites are well shaded but if you have an RV take the time to rent an RV site otherwise backing in will put you in and awkward position as the mixed use “standard” sites are oriented towards tent camping and have narrow driveways. We had to front in and 134 point turn in order to get the tow vehicle back out of the site as the edge dropped off a small ledge of boulders. There are no water hook ups on RV sites and public water faucets are not threaded for RV filling with the exception of one faucet we happened upon on the B loop, so plan accordingly if you plan on filling water tanks on site. Easy access to hiking trails to Mt Monadnock with plenty of day use parking. Bring plenty of mosquito repellent!

great campground but a bit isolated

The grounds were beautiful! nice clean restrooms and showers, a few playgrounds, and nice trails. Only downside for us was bad phone signal and everything seemed far away, like Walmart was an hour away!

Very Pretty!

We camped here with our dog on a tent site in camping area B. I really appreciated the VT state parks interactive campground map, which allowed us to see the sites from home and choose the one that would suit us best.

The site was large and clean, and relatively quiet even though it was a holiday weekend. Hiking trails are steep, so prepare for a good workout. We were a little confused about the No Dogs signs on the hiking trails, because it contradicted the pet policy on the park map that the ranger gave us. But we were glad to have an out of the way spot to launch our kayaks and take our dog for a boat ride.

Campfire wood was a reasonable price, but all of it was very wet! Fires were a challenge. I'm assuming that this was just a wet season here. Restrooms are about average for state parks. They were definitely cleaned daily. Don't forget to bring quarters for the shower.

Overall it was a great weekend, and we can't wait return!

Beautiful and wooded

Coolidge is off the beaten path but well worth the wander! There are no water sites, it’s on the side of a heavily wooded mountain with a few sites having amazing views! The road can be a little confusing but there is no traffic to worry about. Take advantage of the historical site nearby (President Calvin Coolidge’s homestead) and long trail brewing 😊

Nothing exquisite but nice for a long weekend!

Clean & Friendly Campground. Close to home & have spent multiple long weekends here with the kiddos!

Amazing Views at 3165'

Monadnock State Park is a beautiful hiking adventure for families, beginners, and anyone looking for a fun weekend trip with amazing views. There are several lookouts on the journey to the summit, and the view from the top is amazing. This was my first benchmark and the adventure inspired me to go explore and collect more!

P.S. There are no pets allowed in Monadnock State Park.

heaven on earth

find something that you dont like about this park… go ahead , ill wait.

small town general store, no cell service and a gorgeous back drop is a perfect spot to just unwind from the real world

Clean, Quiet, relaxing great water views

I have stayed here a couple times and loved it. they sites are nice and private. The views on some of the sites to the lake are beautiful. the grounds and facilities are well kept. and you are close to both Bennington and Wilmington. a great spot to camp at in Southern Vermont!

We had a lean to site at this campground. facilities were great. the lake was beautiful and rented boats and canoes. Swimming is also available. Good central location.