The best BOAT IN camping near
Gandy , NEBRASKA

Most Recent Gandy Camping Reviews
It was fine

Really easy to find right off I-80. We stopped for one night only. There’s a playground which our kids loved. Road noise is kind of loud if you’re outside. We travel with a white noise machine so it didn’t bother us at night.

Pretty but Tightly Packed Sites

I camped at this park two nights in September. The campground is very pretty and has some great hiking trails, but the campsites are so close to each other, I felt like I was in a Big RV Park, not a State Park.

Nice and quiet

Good space for sites. Right off of I-80 for a stop for the night. Courteous hosts, and clean campground

Magical sites, beautiful scenery

Out of the way and secluded campground that’s easy to get to. Loved the scenic and natural elements. Riverside spot and fished all day. Bathrooms were outhouse style and there is no water at sites and no showers. Loved our stay.

Good for overnight stay

A bit pricey for what it offers. Not much to do except tour the Buffalo Bill house:grounds. $25 for electric plus $8 for out of state campers. Ask the camp host for change and he was not in the least helpful. Had to go to him, otherwise we would’ve not seen him. The park ranger was very friendly, gave us good information about the area and easiest way to get back on interstate.

Clean and nice for a stop through

We stayed one night on a cross country trip. It was clean and well maintained.

Want Colorado feel in Nebraska?

This location has the primitive feel with great facilities. If you want to stay to yourself you have plenty of space to do so. If your looking for a group event. They have close RV pads.

Highly recommend checking this campground out!

Nice and quiet

I got there after a long trip in the car. I parked and camped on the side of the lake with primitive campsites and enjoyed the lake. The owners were super friendly. I did have to get in the car and drive to the bathroom…

We loved it, we hiked it, some tanked it, others ATV'd it

We wanted to camp Nebraska's national forest for some time and we were not disappointed. The camp was full to the brim.  all sites with hookups were taken, but the overflow is an abandoned, overgrown baseball field.  It was great, spacious, close to the showers and flush toilets, and only $8 a night!

I think hookups were only $16, so this is a great deal no matter how you slice it.

Neighboring Thedford has Kayaks and Tanks you can rent.  Tanking has become a Nebraska Thing.  fitting a group of folks and possibly a keg in a horse tank and floating down river!  We hiked to the ranger tower and it was a great hike with a spring fed trough half way up.  Much to see in the surrounding area including art galleries, quilt shops, and more.  Nice camping supply store right in Halsey.

Hot and Dusty

This is one of many state recreation areas along I-80. I wouldn’t make a special trip here, but it’s fine for stopping over while driving cross country. There appears to be one central rest room with flush toilets and pay showers. Pretty rundown. Also vault toilets, which weren’t the dirtiest I’ve ever seen. Hot and dusty. You pay a fee for entry of $8 for out of state and then $15 per night. Fire rings in most sites. We pitched our tent right next to the lake. Looking forward to getting up into the Rockies from here.