East Falmouth, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent East Falmouth Camping Reviews
Very nice!

I haven’t been tent camping in years but this past weekend I stayed while attending the Levitate festival. I was very comfortable, the bathhouses were clean. Can’t wait to go back!

Family Friendly

Not too pricey and clean With lots of activities for the family.

It's like a daycare for grownups.

DO NOT GO TO Cape Cod Campresort& Cabins in East Falmouth. Insanely ridiculous rules!!! Annoying staff, specifically the older ones. I felt like I was in daycare. If you like hanging out, talking late at nigt, then don't come to this place. I was told by one of the staff"no electronics after 9pm". I understand if say someone is listening to music loudly, then yes definitely ask them to turn it off. We had a 17inch tv screen, low volume, I could barely hear the tv. So I guess they just like to be annoying. They have the staff drive around all they long to harass us. For 4 nights we got harrassed, but one night that I was in bed at 11pm, they allowed an RV to check in. I was trying to sleep and people were talking outside as they were setting up camp. So I realized the rules only apply when they see fit. Sunday 4pm was asked to lower the volume of the tv, same 17inch tv. And I know for a fact that NOBODY complained, because we knew everyone around us, even the ones on the sites behind us. Front desk was rude, the first day I thought she was having a bad day, but the second I went there to buy ice and felt like I couldn't ask a question because I was bothering here. I dont know if it's a racism thing or they are just rude in general. Also, they need to hire a real life guard so the kids who are accompanied by their parents at ALL times, can use floaties. I understand letting a kid with a floatie while the parent is sun bathing or chatting with friends. But that wasn't my case. Lake area for bathing is too small. Dog park had a hole on the fence, my dog almost got out. Pool needs cleaning. One playground, not many options. Small laundry. Old arcade, needs upgrades. So, my advice is, GO TO Normandy in Foxborough. They have rules but they are reasonable and not racists.

Family friendly campground

Many pine trees throughout campground provide excellent shade and pine needles on the ground. Very crowed (holiday week), but it’s been fun with all the families. Very friendly guests and staff. Homemade ice cream truck comes through each evening. Only two negatives: most expensive ($90 per night) and the walk to the beach is almost 2 miles (not 1 like staff and website stated).

Perfect location for the best of Cape Code

Family friendly, wonderful customer service, clean bathhouse and showers (only cost .25 for 7 min) and great beach access!! We loved our stay at this campground, the only downside was that fires are not permitted on site. However, you can obtain a permit for a beach fire. There is a short 5-10 min walk to Head of The Meadow Beach which is part of the NPS. The Cape Cod National Seashore was beautiful. We went to the beach there every evening and were greeted each time by seals! North of Highlands is also close proximity to Provincetown and other wonderful beach sites… Highly recommend!

Busy but worth it

Mostly geared toward families, especially with kids. Most of the campground is RV sites. There a a handful of tent sites in the back (no hookups). Bathrooms and showers are very clean, general store and pools are nice and convenient. It’s a perfect distance away from Gillette (a couple miles) if you’re looking for an alternative to staying in a pricey hotel. Definitely not a place I would go to “get away from it all.” You can hear the highway from the sites.

Peace & Quiet, Great Location!

We stayed on site A-31 for 3 nights with full hookup while we checked out Cape Cod. Campground is lovely, with many trees (and birds) and close proximity to the bike trail and town of Brewster. A little dusty because of the sand lot and roads. Well stocked camp store and friendly staff, would definitely stay here again.

Scusset Beach State Park (An RVer’s Paradise)

Scusset Beach Reservation overlooks Cape Cod Bay and accommodates a multitude of RV sites. The campgrounds aren’t the most attractive, but the pull here, of course, is the beach- which is actually pretty amazing.

Not nearly as crowded as a majority of the nearby Cape beaches and rather quiet- especially shocking for the weekend just before the July 4th holiday- Scusset Beach has all the amenities you could really want for a low-key beach outing. The beach is clean, with beautiful, white, rock-free sand. There’s a small snack bar with basic food options, bathroom and locker room facilities, picnic tables and plenty of parking. Lifeguards begin their work around 10am and are pretty serious about announcing all the rules.

In the grounds, you’ll find rows and rows of RV sites. Not much in terms of privacy- basically a glorified parking lot with the occasional tree and nearby nature center. The Park, however, also has 5 tent sites towards the back that are really your best bet if you want anything close to a true camping experience. Tent sites 1, 4 and 5 are the most attractive options, offering shade and a fair amount of privacy. Each is set up with a grill, fire pit and picnic table and are pretty decently sized.

Additionally, there are several trails around the Reservation. A nice bike path along the waterway is literally feet away from the tent sites; and there also seemed to be smaller paths dispersed throughout.

If you’re a fan of the Cape and ocean, definitely give Scusset Beach a try- especially one of the tent sites. You can literally walk to the shore and stores and restaurants are a quick car ride down the street.

Great sites, very clean, best in the off season but lots of traffic noise

Price is right and always very well maintained. It is also very close to Rt 6 so the traffic noise is almost constant especially friday nights. Not recommended for light sleepers but very convenient.

Lots of partying and duck poop

Last time i was there a fight broke out and the cops had to be called. Attracts a lot of the rowdy party crowd.

My favorite early and late season spot

Well maintained campground with an equally maintained indoor pool making this my favorite cold season spot.

Wonderful place

This is a wonderful family campground in the center of Cape Cod. It is exceptionally clean and quiet with plenty of privacy.

The amenities were exactly what we needed for our little camper. I loved waking up to all kind of diferent birds singing and chirping. There is a pretty little dock with pond access for fishing, but sadly no swimming. But, would you really want to swim with 70lb snapping turtles?

We went in June and came back again a few weeks later. It was worth the drive through Connecticut to see the awe inspiring beauty of Cape Cod and Sweetwater Forest.

Great place

260 site campground with about half with 20 amp electric service. Water spigots throughout. Sites are wooded with mostly hardwood mature trees. There is at least 100 feet between sites. Large sites, couldn't hear neighbors conversations. Loop M backs up to woods so no one behind us. The bathroom was decent for a State Park with 3 shower stalls. The roads are one way smooth and well paved. 12 miles of trails for biking or walking. Fishing and canoeing available. Geocaching in the park. Each site has fire ring and picnic table. Buy your wood when you check it, the campsites are about a mile in. The dump station is conveniently located as you leave. The park is over 3500 acres. The spring house for Mt. Blue spring is down the road to the left going in, to the right leaving. Lots of people come here with gallon bottles getting fresh spring water. We camped at Wompatuck State Park in a Motorhome

Backcountry Camping at Cape Cod

This is a really cool option for those interested in visiting Cape Cod and also backpacking. The park has 5 dispersed sites located 3-4 miles from the trailhead with picnic tables and an outhouse. The hike in to the sites can be particularly difficult because it requires trekking through sand without any sun coverage and with all of your gear. It’s also a bit of a gamble because the sites are not reservable ahead of time. In order to secure a spot, you must show up at the park headquarters where sites are handed out on a first come first served basis. A nice amenity is that the park staff will send someone to the sites to deliver 5 gallons of water for free as well as firewood for a small fee so you don’t have to carry those resources. The sites are tucked away from the beach a bit into the brush which provides a nice relief from the wind. Fires are permitted at the beach and I was lucky to witness a really beautiful beach sunset. I did not encounter too many bugs during my time of visit but I’ve been warned that it can get quite buggy in mid to late summer. Overall, this is a 5 star primitive spot for me because it’s secluded, requires a bit of leg work and has a great view.

Best state park ever

I love camping at charge pond one of my favorites

A true 5 star campground!

There is NOTHING you could want and not have at this campground/RV resort!  The family that runs it are at it 24/7 so you have the time of your life.  Many pools and one is adults only, there are all kinds of activities every weekend day.  Ball field, dog park, it has every thing including smiles!!  I actually store my rig here so I see the cleanliness of this park and the care that goes out to all campers!!

Awesome for first time campers

Can get noisy on weekends but during the week it got better. The staff were really friendly and helpful, gave us a map to our site and sold us a couple of bundles of chemical free wood to burn for only about $5. Campsites are a nice size and separated by a decent amount of trees. Super clean when we got there, came with a picnic table and a Fire pit. The campsites go in a big circle and they’re all numbered so it’s hard to get lost. In the middle is a giant wash house (also kept pretty clean) with toilets, sinks and showers. Also just a short walk away was a beautiful little pond with a beach that you could swim at and some wooded trails to hike. Great place for first time campers or families with small children. Highly recommend and will return soon!!

Fantastic Campground

This is one of the best campgrounds you will ever come to, it is beautiful, manicured, has a number of pools and a rec hall filled with things to do.  It has a dog park and has owners that are one family who makes this place hum!!! It is not a 5 star, it is a 10 star!!!  Campsites are immaculate, well spaced, they crew are all well versed in helping you have your best time.  Some sites have sewer water and electric and some no sewer but there are dump stations around the campground.  There is a ball park in this RV resort. Much of the roads are paved.  They have reasonable rules that are expected to be abided by.  They have multiple activities for adults and children.  They have an adult only pool and other pools for both adults and kids.  Near train station to Boston but you need a car to get to it, they may have a jitney but not sure about that to get you to the train and back from the train.  1.0 hour to the beginning of the Cape Cod area.  I highly recommend a visit here!!!

Amazing campground with everything you need

This place is beautiful! There are great sites, gorgeous ponds for swimming, trails for hiking, trails for hiking, nearby beaches, and more! Huge area with all the recreation you can dream of. This spot fills up quick so reservations well ahead of time are needed. Can’t wait to come back!

Nice little campground with a good pond for swimming. Nothing super glamorous but there are some nicer private sites. They have a great little store which sells sandwiches.

A great place to stay!

I’ve been coming here with my family for years and it’s always a great time. Very clean camp sites, bathrooms and showers, roads, and playgrounds…all public areas are immaculate. Lots of activities for kids, teens, and adults. Great dog park. Sites are large and level and free from low hanging branches. Staff is friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend Normandy Farms Campground. You won’t be disappointed.

Cute spacious

Nice little KOA typical, great for kids kinda close to Boston area.

Great park in a great location

Nice campsite, great location.
We have camped there twice. The last time was a site on Flax Pond. It was beautiful. The edge of the pond was pretty overgrown, so fishing was challenging. I would recommend bringing a boat or waders if you can. There is a great lobster place within a mile.

Still Up In The Air

Husband found this on Lin e and booked without prior knowledge. This is in the middle of a subdivision on the island. Our toll charge was $8 for the truck & TT. Be careful of your height and width as the roads are narrow. Found out after we arrived outside mats are not permitted and no camp fire rings at your site. The guests we have met are basically here for months at a time which is great! Young couples whose wives are in the traveling medical fields - they were so nice. Unfortunately we also found out that there is a HUGE tick infestation here and the two couples we met have been treating their dogs daily as they have been FILLED with the buggers! We also have a dog - so I just want to keep her inside! As a side note - this place was precious known as The Paradise Mobile Home Park but changed to this RV lot.

A slice of heaven

Just a short walk to the beautiful National Seashore. A short ride to a bike trail. A short drive to the Restaurants, Sights and Entertainment of Provincetown if you even want to leave the wooded serenity of the North of Highland Camp.

My family and I have enjoyed this spot for years.

Decent

Big campground, well maintained. A lot of restrooms. Most clean, one restroom building I went in the showers were very gross. But the rest I went in were a lot cleaner. Also we called the day we wanted to stay, booked a site, paid. Then when we got there, they had no records of the purchase, also kind weird. They did let us stay the night anyways and we figured everything out. All and all nice campground. More towards rvs since 3/4 of everyone there is rvs.

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.