East Falmouth, MASSACHUSETTS
Most Recent East Falmouth Camping Reviews
A slice of heaven

Just a short walk to the beautiful National Seashore. A short ride to a bike trail. A short drive to the Restaurants, Sights and Entertainment of Provincetown if you even want to leave the wooded serenity of the North of Highland Camp.

My family and I have enjoyed this spot for years.

Decent

Big campground, well maintained. A lot of restrooms. Most clean, one restroom building I went in the showers were very gross. But the rest I went in were a lot cleaner. Also we called the day we wanted to stay, booked a site, paid. Then when we got there, they had no records of the purchase, also kind weird. They did let us stay the night anyways and we figured everything out. All and all nice campground. More towards rvs since 3/4 of everyone there is rvs.

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.

Relax in the woods

Just reopened this summer and they did a great job on everything. Nice sites, great playgroung for the kids.

Family oriented

Convenient location, beautiful pond on beautiful cape cod, Ma. My family has gone there for years with neighbors and always enjoyed our stay.

Beachy access and close to Provincetown

I stayed at this campground over Labor Day weekend 2018. While it was relatively booked to capacity, everyone staying here was very respectful of the quiet times and my stay was super pleasant. There is a short walk from the campground to the entrance of Head of the Meadow beach and it is really conveniently located to get to Provincetown. I loved the ground cover which was a mix of sandy soils and soft pine needles. The tree cover snd scrubby forest surroundings made for nice seclusion and pretty scenery. The bathroom amenities were good, but bring quarters for showers. For 1 quarter you get 7 min of hot water so it was a good deal, I thought. Loved the location!! I would come back.

Expensive and loud

I don't know how a cartoon themed campground ended up with a full bar, live music until midnight, and rowdy drunk seasonal campers partying until dawn. But there it is. You can also here I 84 from the tent sites. Besides the noise, there's the expense for everything. 3 dollars per person per rider for a paddle boat. 5 dollars per person per day to use their "aqua center" (a pool with a 20 foot water slide). 7 dollars for a bundle of pine firewood. And there are kids activities, but that requires a fee as well.

We had a good time here despite all of this, but we certainly won't be back.

A great Cape Cod experience.

Nice tent sites. Near Nickerson State Park which is a must see by bike trail and to cool off after at a forest lake beach.

cute camping destination for the cape bound

I really like this campground. The sites were on the smaller side and closely packed but there was good foliage between sites to lend a little privacy. The bathrooms are very good. Private unisex showers were very clean and had great water pressure/temperature. I believe all sites are hooked up with water which is amazing to me and most have power.

one night stay

very friendly staff. good location. camping spots are too close from one another.

My New Go To Campground in Cape Cod.

This was my first time at this campground and I have to say, it was a great place to stay. I camp with my dog and sometimes I want to explore places that he can't go. Sweetwater Forest has a small doggy day care where I can safely leave him and not worry. It's air conditioned and they have mellow music on.

The comfort stations were clean and the showers have hot water and there's an outdoor sink & counter to wash dishes. The camp store is stocked with food and camping gear you may have forgotten or broke.

The campsites that I saw are not right on top of each other, my site was a little above the other sites near me and the foot path to the bathroom was clearly marked and clear.

The staff were friendly and although I did not have children with me, they have a lot of things for kids to do. There's an arcade, playground, basketball court and arcade. I definitely plan on going back and would recommend it to others.

Well managed

Had a few issues they cleared them up quickly. Clean and spacious

Plenty of sites, perfect for car campers, right price for cape "lodging"

One of my all time favorites. Not super fancy. Your basic car camping. Perfect for new(er) campers and families..

Great way to get on Cape Cod in the summer without a reservations (and off the cape). Super close to Sandwich Town & Scusset beaches. Nice shady sites, clean, well kept, friendly, helpful rangers. Many quaint, private sites considering the number of sites available.

Enjoy!

Right on the ocean if you can get the front road. Great get away.

No hook ups. Has bathrooms and showers.

Great for groups

We had a large group for Levitate Music Festival so we reserved two sites next to each other. Best decision ever! The sites are large to begin with and there is a decent amount of brush all around to give some privacy.

Family friendly stay

Great price for a spot, campsites were pretty close together. Not much privacy or seclusion. Lots of little trails and flowers! A great stop over campsite!

renovations are cont. but what jas been done so far is great.

it is just reopenning now, renovations cont. and thevupdates are fabulous. everything is new the pkayground is fantastic. hiking trails are great, bike trails are great. lakes have great fishing.

Cheapest way to stay at the cape

I would love this place and give 5 stars, IF they didn’t have gypsy moth caterpillar infestation in the spring. I do intend to visit at the end of summer one year.

Everything else about this place is top notch.

convenient awesome peaceful way to visit cape cod....

I've been coming to Nickerson St. Park with my family for several years now and find I'm happy just staying there instead of running all over the Cape to hit beaches, P-Town, etc. The clean, freshwater swimming at the kettle ponds (which are usually uncrowded and within less than a minute's walk from our campsite) is incredible. The bike path and network of trails through the park (that connect to the beautiful 22 mile long Cape Cod Rail Trail) make for great bike riding and early morning running. Water is convenient to all the tent sites, and I really don't have any big criticisms on the park! this year, they seem to have sandblasted the inside bathroom doors as there's been some poorly drawn graffiti there over the years, but no more! There are multiple camping loops (7) for various sized groups/vehicles/campers, etc,. All in all, Nickerson is a true gem as far as state parks go.

family and pet friendly

I had a great one night stay at Wompatuck. We had a dog with us as well and the grounds were very pet friendly. Our campsite was huge and had plenty of room for both of our tents, was very flat, and felt private. Also nice new looking picnic tables and a fire pit. This campground is really accessible and easy to get to but also makes you feel like you are in a secluded spot, with a nice trails and some beautiful water. The price is also great- $17 for MA residents.

conveniently located for an affordable cape vacation!

I love this campground! Very family friendly, and makes Cape Cod accessible without having to rent a house or hotel. From this campground you can drive easily to lots of beaches, restaurants, and other tourist activities. It is right in the middle of the cape so even the very tip of the cape is within an hour's drive. Our campsite was huge and we had plenty of room to park a car with a trailer, two big tents, and lots of chairs around the fire.

Quiet and Convenient

Upside: There are only 6 spots, so it’s guaranteed to be a pretty peaceful, quiet place. Nice water views and close to a walkable beach. About 20 minutes to downtown Newport, so this made visiting the town easy. Given that its military only, you cant beat the price. Downside: no sewer hookups or showers. The closest sewer dump is not far, but they charge you $10.

North of Highland Camping Area

Great tent sites, very close proximity to fantastic National Seashore beaches.

North Truro Camping Area

Nice well managed Campground close to National Seashore beaches. Pets allowed.

Horton's Camping Resort

Great tent sites well wooded and spaced far apart. Book in advance in August. Pets welcome a big bonus. Right next to Cape Cod National Seashore.

Adventure Bound Camping Resorts Cape Cod

Great location close to the Cape Cod National Seashore.

I love this campground!

Pay $300-$500/night for a hotel or this campground for $35/night? I’ll take the campground any day. Several years now I’ve packed a suitcase w a tent, tarp, air mattress and sleeping bag and had some of the best weeks of my life! The bus picks up and drops off just outside the campground and with a weekly bus pass you can be anywhere on the island within minutes. Every day was a new adventure to Edgartown, Vineyard Haven, Menemsha etc. Large shared male and female bathroom/shower complex next to the camp store and office as well as an outdoor shower for those more adventurous. Most sites have electric and water nearby. The management/owner takes pride in the campground and loves what he does. It’s the best way to experience Martha’s Vineyard!

Great family campground

Large sites and very friendly staff. This campground has a great dog park, pool, large pond.