the dyrt
About Fishermens Memorial State Park
Fishermens Memorial State Park is located in Rhode Island
6 Reviews of Fishermens Memorial State Park
one of my favorite go back to places

We come back to Fishermans twice a year. We love the pull thrus and the full hookups. The campsite is always clean and there is so much to do in the area.

Great spot for tent camping

great campsite. Clean and quiet. Bathrooms were super clean. Friendly park rangers. Love the closeness to the ferry to block island, shops & restaurants.

Didn’t get a great site

Very pretty campground with lots of grass. Unfortunately, our site was very sloped and had a huge tree trunk in the middle. We asked to change but they were booked. Restrooms were very clean. There is s nice playground and even a farmers market at the campground. Would have rated much higher if we had a site that wasn’t cut in half by a huge stump.

Great location and price

I camp at Fisherman's every August and I love this campground. If you are looking for a secluded spot in the woods this not it, but to be able to walk to the ocean for beachs, fishing, block island ferry, and great seafood you can not beat it; $20 with full hookup. It is such a good deal that you need to reserve a site twelve months in advance on the day they open up, even then don't wait but book it at 8am.

Excellent area some staff are rude

I would really like to break the review down into separate categories. The good news first. The location is amazing. You are close to the ocean beaches, ferry to Block Island, excellent dining, Narragansett activities, fishing boat harbors and some nice sites. There are a few sites that are booked 365 days ahead in the summer. Those are the sites on the pond. Those sites feel more private and are never available for more than a night or 2 because of the early booking option. I'm sure you could diligently search throughout the year for a cancellation. The majority of sites are fairly level pull through sites with hookups, not a lot of privacy and too close for my comfort but we survived and did have nice neighbors. We went on weekdays when you see a lot of seniors like ourselves. When we return, I will take a site Area 4 which is closer to the main road but also has more trees and privacy. The not so good… they strictly adhere to a no early arrival policy. I know the staff needs to clean the sites after departures. We sat in the parking line with several other folks for a few hours. Policy is policy but there is one woman who works there who is downright rude. Other campers complained about her and even some of the staff said "I know who you mean." They said even they were afraid of her. Management may be smiling to read this but she was really too sour of a person to work the desk. Other rangers deliver the same information nicely. I am attaching a photo from beautiful Scarborough Beach, just a mile from the campground. You can park in a grassy are and walk just behind the photo to the beach. Picnic tables are behind the trailer as well and this was our departure day when we parked for the day, before the drive home.

Close to Narragansett

About a little over a mile walk to Narragansett, an adorable beach community with lots of shops and places to eat as well as close to the ferry to Block Island. The campground itself is broken into section depending on water/electric/sewer. My campsite was located in the water only loop and although didn't have to much privacy, there weren't too many other campers present. On a crowded summer weekend, don't come here for a quiet, private weekend. The park is dog friendly but don't forget your rabies certificates much like other east coast campgrounds.