Fires Unknown
About Dunes' Edge Campground - Provincetown Camping

Dunes’ Edge is a quiet, family campground with a quaint atmosphere, set amidst the sand dunes and pines. We offer our guests the opportunity to experience the true and lasting beauty of legendary Old Cape Cod. Camping in Provincetown at Dunes Edge is bordered by The Cape Cod National Seashore − within a two-mile radius, you can enjoy Cape Cod’s finest beaches for swimming, boating, sailing and fishing. Don’t have a boat of your own but want to explore the coast or local freshwater ponds? Boat rentals are available in town.

Provincetown, over the decades, has become a haven for artists, writers, and vacationers from around the globe. The unique, natural beauty of the sun, surf, and shifting sand dunes offers a hypnotic attraction to lovers of both solitude and excitement. Relax and spend time visiting Provincetown’s active fishing fleet, the oldest art colony in the country, and renowned craft shops, museums, fine restaurants, and countless points of historical interest. From our outstanding location, you can leave your car at the campground, and walk or bike to all of Provincetown’s finest attractions and activities.

Reservations are highly recommended in July and August. We will do our utmost to make your stay as pleasant and memorable as possible.

Dunes' Edge Campground - Provincetown Camping is located in Massachusetts
6 Reviews of Dunes' Edge Campground - Provincetown Camping
Perfect for Provincetown

We spent one night here in our RV and rode bikes into Provincetown. This campground is pretty tight if you have a big rig, but our 24ft was just fine. It’s a big hill with a tight squeeze to enter the campground, but overall our stay was enjoyable. If you’re looking to camp at the end of the cape, this is your spot. Make reservations well in advance!

one night stay

very friendly staff. good location. camping spots are too close from one another.

Really close sites

I hate to give this such a low rating, because the Campground wasn’t too bad, but all of the sites were really close together.

My other biggest thing was that you couldn’t have any fires.

It was unlike anywhere else I had ever been though. Right at the end of Cape Cod. We found a trek through the sand dunes that eventually led to this beautiful beach that wasn’t full of people (due to the hot trek through the sand dunes.)

The park people were nice, there were bathrooms, and they had a charging station in the main office - that also had hot coffee in the morning.

Camping near the dunes

Small sites with limited parking. Friendly people and staff. Clean facilities but outdated bathrooms/showers. No fires alowed.

Really Good Spot but Pricey

This campsite definitely gets props for its location. You can get a site literally against the dunes. Its also within driving distance of Provincetown. But, I think its a little pricey for what it is. The sites are pretty small and close together but the showers are decent. Just be prepared to get there bright and early as there are only 3 shower stalls.

Fair price, but not a great campground

Pros: For the area, I found the price to be very fair. The tent sites are also designed nicely, and this campground does have showers.

Cons: The name is somewhat misleading; Dunes' Edge is right on route 6, so I heard highway traffic ALL night - it was not a relaxing camping experience at all. This campground also has one of the weirdest bathhouse designs I've ever encountered. There are separate shower/sink houses for men and women, but the toilets stalls are unisex and located on the OUTSIDE of the building, and the walls of them are not solid! I feel bad for anyone who has a campsite near the toilets, because you can literally hear every gory detail of whatever is going on in them since they're not located inside a building. Plus, you have to leave the toilet stalls and open the shower house door to go wash your hands, which is way more unsanitary than it needs to be.

I wouldn't choose to stay here again.