Smith Island , MARYLAND

Most Recent Smith Island Camping Reviews
Hidden Gem!

First time here, won't be our last!! Not a lot of hiking trails in the park, but there are plenty nearby. Spaces were nice…not too close to each other and oriented so you are staring into your neighbors site all the time when sitting at the very big nice picnic table and firepit. The bathrooms are nice than most. They have a strenuous cleaning schedule due to Covid so the bathrooms are CLEAN!! Nice Food Lion grocery store about 1 mile away. Restaurants in nearby Crisfield, MD. Will come back in warmer weather to take advantage of the many kayak/canoe trails. Some sites are waterfront. Nice deck and boat/kayak launch. Hosts very friendly. Park clean, very quiet.

Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Awesome!

Beautiful views, good trails, nice sites. A lot of fun here. Will be back soon!

This place is great.

So I loved the campground. I got a electric site with a place for a large tent. The grounds are very well kept, respectful attendants and clean grounds. I loved the trip the scenery and the whole site. One thing I did have trouble with is the grade of the sites are somewhat downhill so if you do end up camping during a time it rains be sure to put your tent on a tarp. I was floating my tent the night it rained. Otherwise an all around amazing place to go.

Great campground

This was our first trip in our first TT (33ft), we’re complete rookies! We had site 68 which had plenty of space for the TT, truck and car to park. The sites have plenty of separation and the park was very quiet. We talked to several fellow campers and all were very welcoming and helpful. We will definitely be making another trip there next year for a quick weekend getaway.

Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Middle of nowhere

Nice get-away from it all campground. Level sites, farmland all around. Well maintained, quiet campground.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Exactly what I look for

Janes Island State Park is a wonderful place for scenic state park camping. There are spots for tents and rvs. There is a marina and kayak trails. They have both primitive and full service cabins.

There are 3 camping loops. Loop B is the all electric loop with plenty of large sites that can accommodate bigger rigs. This is where my family stayed. We were directly across the street from the water and the views were amazing. Loop B is pet friendly, and all of the owners there were very responsible.

Due to the high water table, there were plenty of mosquitoes but with the breeze they were held largely in check.

My family and I cannot wait to go back.

Beautiful!!!

Beautiful campground! The pine trees provide a great canopy. Many of the campsites abut the canal. The bathhouse is clean and modern. A few negatives: The camp store’s firewood was the worst. And the campsites were too close and that cause an issue because there were a few loud campers that caused me to give this place a 4 versus 5. If you love to kayak, this is the place for you. The water trails provide hours of exploration.