DeRidder, LOUISIANA

Most Recent DeRidder Camping Reviews
Nice spots and river walk

$20 for site with hookups plus $3/person/night. The sites are level with adequate spacing. Showers are clean and hot but pressure is lacking. They are the push kind so you must continually press to keep the water running. The river walk from the campground is really nice. Office is helpful and kind.

Nice Park

This is my return visit to this park I truly love coming here.

Quiet place to camp

Indian Mounds Campground is located in East Texas near the Texas-Louisiana border in the Sabine National Forest. It is a quiet and peaceful location to camp.

RV and tent campsites come with a fire ring, a picnic table, and potable water. Good views of the lake and situated in forest area. Nearby hiking, biking, swimming, and fishing. Not many campers in campground and that made for a great stay!

A lot of folks say this is their favorite

And it took about ten minutes to become one of mine. The Caroline doorman trail runs right off of the spaces out camp sites. Setting up camp along the small rapids made for some wonderful relaxing and naps.

The only thing I have to say about it is to be aware, as we walked into our campsite almost every bit of ground that wasn’t packed had been torn up by hogs, like a lot of hogs. Also had a creepy van park on the road after we got there, they stayed until about ten at night, a guy camping higher up the hill saw a flashlight moving through the woods, said he started walking up on them and they bolted! It’s a very easy place to let your guard down.

You’ll fall in love with it

We planned a trip to Kincaid in the first week of January, there had been a tornado and was redirected here. What a gem! Very clean large camp sites, stunning tall pines, and great wildlife opportunities! We found massive wasps nests and turtle shells on the forest floor, saw a gator while canoeing, and even saw an eagle! (My first one 😁)

Highly recommended for an easy, fun trip!

Clean

The State Park was clean grass was cut , workers always walking around picking up trash.

Friendly and convenient

I pulled in late last night and there’s actually a property manager on site, so I was able to get a space. A very friendly man met me at the desk, got me checked in quickly and easily and I was settling into my camp space about 15 minutes later. Full hookups, WiFi, continental breakfast, pool and more. Plus conveniently located close to shopping and a Walmart.

Beautiful creekside weekend

Camp next to this beautiful sounding creek, there is a beach to lay out on while the kids play in the water or you can hit the Caroline dorman trail on foot or horseback. Excellent site. My personal favorite in Louisiana

Gorgeous

Beautiful place to camp! Access to boat ramps for fishing, with great areas to push in canoes/kayaks. Wonderful fishing on Toledo. LOTS of ants though! Also, not so clean.

Just trashy

They don’t mow the area enough, all of the spots are overgrown, lots of junk laying around….more like a trashy mobile home Park than a RV Park.