The best GROUP camping near
Alberta , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Alberta Camping Reviews
Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Clean!

Camping in the city. Campground was FULL and we got the last site. Not a lot of privacy at each campsite and had a tiny table and chairs right next to neighbors sewage hook up. We came in late and only stayed overnight so it wasn’t a huge deal. Felt safe and secure. Site 11 close to bathrooms. $60

Amazing

We love coming here with the kids just for a weekend get away

Traditional campgrounds closed

Called to inquire on tent/dispersed camping on 1.14.21 and was told the park is currently closed except for "certified" RV spots. Since our Sprinter is self sufficient it isn't considered certified, they wouldn't reserve a space for us. 😔

Not to sure

Did an extended stay here, 3 months while working in the area. The staff is great and very helpful and friendly. The dog park is nice if you have them. Park is well maintained. There are only 2 reasons I couldn’t give them more than 3 stars, 1) on monthly rate they charge for electric which I get but it continued to go up even though outside temps continued to drop so no need for my A/C units. 2) During the last 4 nights of my stay there were multiple times I heard multiple gun fire in the area.

Lots of in and out traffic. I would recommend if your passing through the area and need to stop for a night or two but not long term.

A rare find!

Small park, lots of trees and walking/mtn bike trails. Beautiful lake, ducks, fishing piers, swimming beach, playground. Campground is right on the lake. No bad Rv spots! Spots have concrete pads. Full hookup. They take reservations, but not for a particular spot. A really wonderful place to get away! Staff very friendly.

Well maintained but

VERY crowded. No problem with any campers or staff but was looking for something more isolated

So peaceful!!!

Clean, quiet campground. Beautiful sites and well kept park!

Very nice campground

Spaces are large and well spaced for privacy. Beautiful lake views. The only negative is the rediculous fire pits. Obviously designed by someone who never experienced camping or a campfire. The pits are 2 feet tall, solid steel with NO air holes. Fires never burn and even if they did you wouldn't see the fire anyway. We bring our own pit. Bathrooms and showers are clean and we'll maintained. The host is friendly and helpful.

Great stop over ... Clean, Nice, easy access

We stayed here for one night on our cross country trip.  It was clean, well maintained, nice layout and landscaping, great dog park, and friendly service.  We had a level pull through with full service with no need to disconnect. Walmart right down the street for replenishing the goods.  Great stop over.