Pembroke, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Pembroke Camping Reviews
AMAZING Site on the water

Incredible back country campsite, for use with dispersed camping permit. Right on the water, no other people for 2 days! This is a car camping site however you will need a four-wheel drive vehicle to get down the steep gravel road to the dispersed camping area. Highly recommend. No hookups available, primitive tent only.

Amazing Primitive Camping

Doesn’t get much better for dispersed/primitive camping. I stayed just south of boat ramp at a spot just off the road. Clean camping area with a fire pit. The lake is beautiful, clean, and very fish friendly. It was quite and secluded. I can’t wait to go back. The entire land between the lakes area is amazing. I’d bring some wood, everything there seemed permanently damp

Clean and Rustic

The best part of this campground is the beautiful rustic old timey feel. There are updated modern bathhouses dispersed throughout. The camp store is well stocked. There is a very nice boat ramp and several boat parking areas. “T” area is our favorite with full hookups and beautiful pine trees. A premier and amazing mountain bike trail system is accessible directly from campground!! The Canal Loop Trail and North South Trails are well known and revered by area mountain bikers and hikers. No WiFi or internet service. Cell signal in prior years have been spotty. Very family friendly and lots of kids riding bikes and playing everywhere!

First time here!

It's a tight fit and our rig is only 22.5' TT. Our back in site was to the left on a one way road that I had to turn around and go opposite way so we could get in. Had water and electrical hook up but the 30 amp was fried. Luckily it also had 20 amp so power management was key. There was no water when we pulled in luckily I had fill my fresh water before leaving. Water came back on about 1 hour after arriving, water pressure was very low. Grounds are next to the highway so we heard a lot of loud traffic. Staff was friendly, they did come look at my electric hook up but didn't have the parts to repair it. There is a dump station onsite. If I go back I'll pick a different spot in the park that's not difficult to get in. I would stay again though. I was told by staff there are future improvements coming.

Beautiful and quiet

Eureka campground is a small, beautiful campground with wonderful waterfront sites! The camp hosts were extremely nice and very accommodating! It is beautifully wooded and filled with wildlife yet conveniently located near stores and restaurants. We were there in late June and the fireflies lit up the woods like twinkling Christmas lights, it was magical!

Very Noisy and Expensive

Listen to the warnings in the reviews of this campsite. If you are tenting don’t expect to sleep well. I didn’t listen to the cautions and regretted it all night. We picked this campground because the website said they offered a shuttle service to the DT. When I asked the women at the counter (who were very nice) it appeared they had forgotten the website said that quickly said they weren’t offering it that day (it was a Friday). We were then charged 42 dollars for our tent site, we should have just turned around and got an Air B&B at that point. The showers were nice and the wifi connection was good however.

Waterfront

Big RVers probably should stay away when this campground is full. We watched a fifth wheel almost get stuck on their way out. Sites are shallow but wider. Some sides further from the water can house the big rigs but most of these sites are for smaller campers and tents. Contains a shower house, sewer, water, electric, and some great views.

This campground is all about location as it is right along the river and central location for hiking and adventuring. Most certainly will be back as we only stayed one night on our way back home.

The Great Outdoors

If you’ve seen the movie you will have a better understanding. There is a lodge, camping, stables, beach, marina, and a whole lot more. This is the ideal campground if you have kids and are looking for a lot to do in a weekend. Huge lake offers great fishing.

The campground is not huge but does offer water and sewer hookups. They have 2 shower houses located for a 5 min walk from any site. Hiking and a boat ramp within the campground make it easily accessible. Sites are narrow and I do mean narrow but long. If you have a small group easy to reserve a couple sites. Amongst all the state closures this campground was open and that is how we came upon it.

We have stayed in the cabins and they have two or three bedrooms and fireplaces so if you have someone in the family that doesn’t like the outdoors they can be in a cabin or go to the lodge.

Campground host was amazing helping us out. The sites along the water are narrow but come with a very nice view. The sites on the interior are a bit bigger bc of their “backyard”. Really there isn’t a bad spot in this campground.

The shower houses also have laundry which is a nice luxury.

The nicest RV Park in Buchanan, TN

Eagle’s Nest RV Park is a hidden gem right next to Kentucky Lake and Paris Landing. It has all concrete pads with full service utility kiosks. Each campsite has plenty of room and comes with its own patio and cable TV connection. The park has a laundry room and shower / bathroom for park guests. Nearby convenience stores have firewood, propane, and anything you might need. The main attractions nearby are KY Lake, Land Between The Lakes, Paris Landing State Park and the Big Sandy National Wildlife Refuge.