Standard (Tent/RV)
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 60 ft.
LBL National Recreation Area/Energy Lake is located in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in Kentucky
14 Reviews of LBL National Recreation Area/Energy Lake
Nice little lake

Started a 4 day kayak trip around LBL (41 miles from Energy Lake to Fenton Self Service Campground) from Energy Lake. Nice spot, lots of skeeters in the summer.

Peaceful

Took our first ever camping trip to this campground and couldn’t have had a better experience. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Very Good

A friend and I and our 4 kids stayed in a camper cabin here in September. We normally tent camp but it was a weekend with record heat. I love this campground as an alternative to Hillman Ferry, where we have often stayed. The cabins were clean and comfortable with cold AC, the hosts were friendly and the no-wake lake and canoe rentals were fun. I would advise checking with the hosts about canoe and kayak rentals upon check in, there is limited availability when camp is full and hot weather can also affect. This campground is also in a good location to explore all LBL has to offer when compared to Hillman, it's closer to the Elk and Bison Prairie and Wranglers Campground, as well as the Nature Station, which is great for us since we like to trail ride and hike. Downfall is the beach is muddy and rocky and the playground is old with just a metal slide and swings. We didn't want to swim here so maybe plan on doing that elsewhere at the lakes. Next time we will camp, likely on loop D, which had some nice lakeview sites. You can't see the water from the cabin loop. There is spotty cell service throughout the campground.

Great for kids!

We ended up at this campsite by accident. We were looking for dispersed camping sites, but right as we were pulling into one of the only good tent sites at the campground, someone snagged it from us. We ended up in area D right by the restrooms. Hubby and I would’ve never camped there on our own because we prefer to be more secluded but it was perfect for our daughter! Our site was tucked in the trees across from the restroom. Bathroom was clean and convenient. We woke up the next morning and rented kayaks and got out on the lake! Good experience! Probably better for RVs and Campers than tents, though.

Quiet and Secluded

We stayed at site D3 over Memorial Day weekend. I was pretty nervous when we first saw the site, it was literally on a hillside. We have two small kids and were with family (in adjacent D4) so we really hoped for a site with flat space for the kids to play in, but there was absolutely no grassy area. That didn't stop us from having a good time!

The D loop was nice and quiet with very little traffic. We were very close to the lake to drop our kayaks in the water or fish without going far, always a plus!

Bathrooms were very clean for camp restrooms. The showers were in their own rooms, so that was really nice. Great water pressure and it wasn't a push button shower like some campgrounds have!

Since we have kids, we had to check out the play ground. It was pretty disappointing with only a couple swings, a hot metal slide and a climbing bar. The beach was far from impressive with basically gravel as half of the beach. I wasn't expecting Florida beaches in Kentucky, but in Indiana we have nice sandy beaches at lakes so I was disappointed.

The lake was gorgeous and perfect for kayaking though, with lots of nice coves to explore and wildlife to see. I saw a doe with a spotted fawn nursing on my first trip onto the water

All in all, if you want flat spaces, don't go to loop D, loop C was much flatter. We probably won't return, but it was a nice stay, but probably better for those without small kids to entertain.

Quiet and Secluded

Great base to explore LBL area.

Well maintained campground in heart of the Lake Between The Lakes area. I'd never been to the area and really liked it a lot.  Tons of stuff to do and all a short drive away.

Campsite was a short walk from the water and short walk to swimming area and park.  Showers were right across the road from us and were kept up pretty well.  There was even coin operated washer and dryer just at the end of the loop, which came in handy when we got some rain into our tent that soaked a bunch of clothes.  Not a ton of privacy but not the worst I've seen.  Checked out the Elk and Bison Prairie, which was really cool. Nature station was really cool and we rented some canoes to explore around that area.  Went to the Homeplace, which is a working farm and 'living history museum,' which the kids really loved.  Rented a pontoon boat for the day at Kenlake Marina which was fun.

Trees of fun

Clean bathrooms easy spots for my rig to park. Well maintained camping quiet and away from it all.

Private beach, amazing views

We reserved campground 6 which was one of the only available. We scored! We arrived and our neighbors were away, campers set up and left, kayaks sitting near the edge of the private beach. We were in tents which was great except for the weather that blew in, 50 mph wind with rain and thunder. We had to run out before it hit the second night, the folk that watch over the camping area were awesome! We got super lost on a really bad dirt road and the gentleman came out to look for us! The kids staked their intertubes to the bank and floated all day once we got there. We will be back, with a camper! We stayed on the B loop which allowed us to be right on the water. These sites are built for campers really, but site 6 and 7 had the most usable space for tents and privacy. Great location, great folk.

Great family campground.

Great family campground where you can do anything from camp in a tent to rent a bunkhouse.

Energy lake is at land between the lakes but you pay for your site at the gate. You can choose a primitive site, a camper site with utilities, or a bunk house with heat and a/c. You can also rent a canoe or a kayak for the day. There is a private beach and great fishing.

I would recommend energy lake to any type of camper.

Year 2021 Flag