About Energy Lake - LBL
National Forest
Hike In
Energy Lake - LBL is located in Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area in Kentucky
7 Reviews of Energy Lake - LBL
Trees of fun

Clean bathrooms easy spots for my rig to park. Well maintained camping quiet and away from it all.

Private beach, amazing views

We reserved campground 6 which was one of the only available. We scored! We arrived and our neighbors were away, campers set up and left, kayaks sitting near the edge of the private beach. We were in tents which was great except for the weather that blew in, 50 mph wind with rain and thunder. We had to run out before it hit the second night, the folk that watch over the camping area were awesome! We got super lost on a really bad dirt road and the gentleman came out to look for us! The kids staked their intertubes to the bank and floated all day once we got there. We will be back, with a camper! We stayed on the B loop which allowed us to be right on the water. These sites are built for campers really, but site 6 and 7 had the most usable space for tents and privacy. Great location, great folk.

Great family campground.

Great family campground where you can do anything from camp in a tent to rent a bunkhouse.

Energy lake is at land between the lakes but you pay for your site at the gate. You can choose a primitive site, a camper site with utilities, or a bunk house with heat and a/c. You can also rent a canoe or a kayak for the day. There is a private beach and great fishing.

I would recommend energy lake to any type of camper.

one of our favorites!

we love this campground. It has lots of shade, it's fairly small, lots space, nice bathrooms & showerhouses. It does not have sewage or water at most sites, but there are several places to get water throughout the campground. The lake on the campground side is "no wake" so it's perfect for kayaks.

Ranger Review: Showers Pass Waterproof Socks at Energy Lakes Campground

Campsite Review

I wound up staying at five different campsites within the Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area, and this was my favorite. That largely is due to them having showers and canoe and kayak rentals, but hey – when you’re here in the summer, that’s what you want! Actually, Energy Lakes has the most amenities of all the campgrounds – including ice and firewood to buy and some additional common areas like a designated swim area (no lifeguard, but I imagine this makes it easier to keep an eye on kids) and basketball and volleyball courts. The only downside to this place is the lack of boat ramps, which is also surprising considering more primitive sites in the area offer those. I guess that’s the trade off – showers for no boat ramp. Luckily there are ample spots around the rec area in the park if you need to launch your boat. I would highly recommend a reservation here given it’s the most popular campsite in the park and only a few spots will get you truly “lakeside”. It is $10/hr for the boat rentals.

Product Review

As a Ranger for TheDyrt, I am given products to test from time to time. Today I was testing out the Showers Pass Waterproof Socks. You can watch the video review here. I didn't think there was any way someone could make a sock waterproof. I thought it would be more like a dry sack shrunk to mini proportions with some fitting elastic and it would be called a 'sock'. But here's Showers Pass, this Pacific Northwest-based company (I heard it rains there a lot) making this coolmax inner lined comfortable foot shield. Like, how?

I did a few bike rides in these, and the coolmax liner is definitely necessary since the socks are thicker to give you that water protection and in summer heat (it was about 90 degrees most of the days I was in this campground park) I was sweating everywhere. Energy Lakes has canoe rentals so I left my shoes in my car and dragged out a boat into the water and went for a paddle around the lake. It's a super cool feeling to walk into water just wearing socks and not get wet. It's like a wet-suit for your feet.

I did try to soak my feet, see if there was a "breaking point" for these guys. No surprise really, but if you walk into water that goes above the sock line on your leg, water is going to seep in since you've now completely submerged your sock and the elastic holding them against your leg really shouldn't be designed to be airtight, since then you'd have all kinds of other issues going on with the comfort and breathability of this sock. I imagine the majority of people using these aren't canoeing, they're bike riding and so unless you're trying to pedal through a waist deep puddle, I think you're going to be ok.

I do canoe a lot and these are my new favorite accessory. What I think is really promising about their performance too is since these socks were designed for activity, portages would still be enough for these socks to handle. Seriously Showers Pass how did you make these so freaking comfy and waterproof!?

Great hideaway on inland lake

Veteran's day girls weekend camp over! Spaces are close together but laid out to allow for privacy. Stayed close to Energy Lake Loop 2 trail head and refund poorly marked trail. Camp site administration is very knowledgeable & helpful with Land Between the Lakes

Nice!

Large camping area w/several loops. One which will soon be all rental cabins. Each loop has its own restroom/shower house and all are near the lake( some closer then others) canoe rental or bring your own, basketball court and playground as well as swimming area. There is direct access to one of the many trails in LBL and several within easy biking or driving distance. The staff was very helpful.