the dyrt
Milo, KANSAS
Most Recent Milo Camping Reviews
Great trail network!

The trails at this campground are super fun for mountain biking! Quick and flowy! Not really set campsites, more dispersed camping.

Right in town

Although we personally have not spent the night here, we visit it every chance we get since it is right in the town of Belleville. You can frolf, fish, have a picnic, go for a walk around the pond, and camp here of course. The thing I like the most is that it is right in town so you have the grocery store and gas stations all within 3 miles. There is also a swimming pool in town for the kids. You can kayak on the pond as well and there use to be small boats that would go on it as well!

Great place to hang out by the fire

Perfect for taking your bike and going on a ride in the mornings

beautiful and well maintained

the capacity is large and the local internet company just upgraded the wifi park wide. lots of trails and fishing is available everywhere by foot.

Great Sites

Lucas Park is very enjoyable to stay at. Close to water sites, two bathroom facilities, and two parks.

You are close enough to friends, but far enough from a neighbor to do your own thing.

Kansas Sunset

Not a whole lot to this campground, other then it has one site with an amazing view over the lake when the sun sets! Nice area overall. Clean. Lots of trails near by in the area, especially some good horse trails.

It is very clean and well kept. Campworker makes sure of it.

This is a very clean and nice campground. Lots to do, nice boat dock, camping areas.

Sleepy Little Town

This might be the metropolis of this area but when the Walmart in town closes at midnight you know it is a sleepy little town. With that said it was nice to find this site to lay my head in the sleepy town.

The sites were level and pretty typical of a KOA. The staff was very nice and accommodating and walked me over to my tent site when I arrived. Very nice touch!

The bathrooms here were warm on a cold night and very clean. You could tell they take care of this facility very well. I had missed the pool season but with the cool air I didn't mind missing the cold water I was just wanting to stay warm.

For a basic site which included a fire ring and picnic table it was $24 that included access to wifi.

The only negative to getting a primitive site was that it was pretty windy and there wasn't really any wind block, I could have sprung for an upgraded site had I have realized there was going to be so much wind but that is my fault not theirs.

Normal KOA Campground. Very friendly helpful staff. Clean bathrooms.

Clean facility. Spaces for all types from tents to motor homes. Level shaded spaces. All pull through. Food available on site or stores within minutes. Swimming pool in season.

Fantastic

We loved this place. Pool, playground, jumping pad, horse shoes, roomy tent sites, gem mining, friendly staff, great price. My sister did hurt herself on the slide… but we are adults so maybe it’s our fault. YOLO. She’ll be fine. We had a ton of fun. This was a nice stop on our way. They also had bikes and a train for the kids.

Nice campground with lots of family-friendly amenities

Nice location for a one-night stopover. Kids enjoyed the basketball court, playground, and swimming pool. Clean bathroom/showers.

Travelers oasis

This is a terrific campgrounds. During a two week road trip, stopped here for a night. Highly impressed; the $14 a night rate (tent site), well maintained sites, easy access to bathrooms and bath houses. Will be back, should my travels take me across 70.

primitive camping only

It’s a nice place to camp kayak and fIsh during cooler weather.

kids love it

very nice, clean bathrooms, along with a clean pool, playground, basketball court, and jump pad. only drawback was interstate noise which was significant in a pop up. well stocked store on site.

Nice spot

Great stay. The lake is very clear and beautiful. We saw a decent amount of fish jumping at night. Not a lot of shady spots but there are some.
Showers and restrooms available but quite a ways away from the sites. We had to take the car to get there from our site or it was a bit of a walk. Otherwise all good. 4/5 for the distance to facilities.

Bring your bicycles and boats!

Great spot. There are many tent and even RV spots that are right near the water. Some parking spots require a Kansas state park passport but we were able to buy one at the park office. The water was calm enough in the morning and evenings to kayak and explore the coves. mid day when the water started getting a bit rougher we swapped the kayaks for bikes and explored the trails. the park offers several dirt trails and a few paved paths perfect for all levels of riders! To top it off the sunsets were amazing every night. only rated 4/5 because the bathrooms/showers weren’t the best.

Wilson Lake "The clearest lake in Kansas"

Always good at this park. The state park staff do an excellent job even with the budget restraints of the state government.

Small Camp Ground but great views

This is a small camp ground with electric hook ups only. Great views of the lake. What really makes this park is all the hiking, biking and horse riding trails. Literally miles and miles of trails with some of the best rock formations you will find in Kansas. There is also a larger camp ground set back from the lake, that is larger and has pins for horses.

Good cheep

Nice but cant swim

Great Area

We spent 3 nights here for spring break with the kids and had a great time. There is a large playground and fishing pond on the south side of the lake. A disc golf course just across the road at the Army Corp of Engineers campground. We had a warm afternoon and spent a couple hours at the beach. On the north side of the lake were lost trackof the number of campgrounds available there were so many. Then all the way north is 27 miles of hiking, mountain biking, and horse trails. Plan on going back sometime to get to everything we didn't get to this trip.

Simple cheap and enjoyable

Quiet and lovely a clean place to camp with plenty of dead and dry fire wood to be gathered. this place has up to 24 miles of hiking trails on the north side as well as being the oldest lake in the state it has some unique history from ancient Indians and the area was frequented by Buffalo bill Cody and there aresome petroglyphs you can visit from natives of the area this lake is also a great fishing destination for all types of fish native to the state if tents and hammocks are not your thing they have cabins as well for $99 a night this is one of them lakes you should visit if your not from Kansas there is so much hidden beauty here that goes unnoticed by many

Great spot

It was in the high 90s but the breeze from the lake kept us comfortable. Lots of tent spots, but many RVs as well. There was plenty of room between camping areas for peace and quite, beautiful sunsets! Showers, bathrooms, water, and electricity available.

Bike trails are awesome!

On a trip to Colorado for some hiking and biking, we stopped off here for a night. Campground had nice camp sites and was well maintained and facilities were very clean.

What make the space though we're the miles of incredible bike trails around the lake. Worth going back just for those! Very challenging if you take the tougher routes or there are others for leisurely rides.

Big beautiful lake

Huge wildlife area with fantastic birding. Lots of nature to explore and other facilities for games and boating. There’s a living history kind of museum which is definitely worth a look. Camp sites are simple but facilities are more modern than your average state park. Busy but very quiet and serene.

Fun in the Sun

Great scenery and nice trails (bring tick spray can be brutal out there!). My girlfriend and I were able to take our paddle boards out which was a ton of fun and with the heavy boat traffic.

The beach in KS??

We went for the weekend, mostly to do some hiking. Then realized we had found one of the nest places in Kansas! We got a perfect camp spot all to ourselves. It was not necessarily private or in the woods. But we were right up against the lake. There was sand like a beach the water was alright. I mean it's a lake. We loved the hiking through limestone. We found couple caves and climbed some rock. Would be good for mntn biking