Hoxie, KANSAS

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Hoxie Camping Reviews
Perfect for a quick stay

Spots are pretty close. Full hookups for a great price.

Cool fishing lake, with lots of free camping

We got here very late, and the place was empty. There was a stack of firewood next to the forepit, and the tent site was very even. Weather was gorgeous, and we didn't mind the mooing cows in the distance. There was a picnic table, and though the road was a bit rough on the minivan, it was a well maintained campsite.

Small but functional

Nice little spot in beautiful NW Kansas. Conveniently located on the intersection of Hwy 83 and Hwy 36. Like everyone in this town, the owners are helpful and friendly. Full hookups available in all (6 or 7 total) RV spots. Back in only in all but end spot, with relatively level gravel pads. There is a gazebo on site with seating, and a fire pit and barbecue. It's open for all guests, including motel guests. I give 4 stars because of 2 drawbacks. Hotel WiFi is hit and miss, and the RV spots are small. We couldn't put out our awning without invading the neighbors. But good value for the money ($30/night). I recommend. Oh and do yourself a favor, go downtown and get the best pizza ever at the ReLoad Bar and Grill.

Can't beat free.

I should have paid more attention to this park. I didn't realize there was a frisbee golf course. Plenty of hiking, biking and horse riding trails. I read later there's pond there to fish in. The place is called a state park but it's actually run by the city of Oberlin, Kansas. We were just driving through and needed a place to stay and found this little gem. We were the only ones in the park. It's free if you aren't using electricity. Otherwise there is an honor box for those using RV electric hook ups. We are van living and didn't need any hook ups. Lots of trees for shade around. There's a shelter house. Wish I took some pics. It was a pretty little spot.

Cute campground

Fantastic state Park with full hookups… Beach, fishing and a delightful small City of prairie dogs to entertain the kids for hours

close to I 70

close to the interstate but very little road noice.

Bombarded with bugs

So normally I wouldn't be harsh cuz I truly love nature, but we weren't even able to look around or take pictures. We were literally stuck in our camper and only spent the night and than left. When I did have to go out to take my dogs out to the bathroom, the bugs would fly up my nose and were all over me. I joked when I got back inside that this is the next place they should drop off for the show Naked and Afraid. Hopefully it was just a wet period or bad day😱

Nice little KOA

This was a nice overnight spot for us on our way east. Fairly quiet spot with space around the trailer. Rustic play area but the kids loved it. Overall, a nice place to hop in overnight, and maybe a little longer depending on what you're doing.

Peaceful, except for the ticks!

This campground is beautiful and spacious, and it is fun to watch the deer wander around, but with deer come ticks. We camp in many places and have seldom seen so many ticks in one place.

Simple State Park

There are a number of loops here, we chose one with a lot of trees. There are some without water (fyi) and some that don’t allow RVs.

Yay: Lots of fishing, very short “trail” but nice for just simple relaxing on your road trip.

Nay: pretty much only prairie dogs to see here…

Surprise: crazy storms rolling over the plains! The caretakers were very nice and had recommendations for all kinds of things along our route (including amazing pie).