The best WALK IN camping near
Grenola , KANSAS

Most Recent Grenola Camping Reviews
Great spot for a hammock getaway

We were surprised at how nice and lovely this place was. Put up the hammocks, persisted through some high winds, then had a peaceful and lovely time. Recommend

Ok but noisy at night

We must have camped at part central. Mud lake. Noisy.. crowded. Showers were closed and turned off and the bathrooms were dirty. No longer a favorite place to stay because of the partying. May need to relocate to the other side of the lake.

Nice fall camping

We had a nice weekend stay at this lake. We booked site #210, and were happy with the amenities. Fire ring with built in grill worked well. Luckily the lake wasn’t crowded, so we had lots of space to ourselves. Lake staff were pleasant Nice views of the lake, but not very good shore access from where we were at. However at the end of the campsite was a nice fishing dock. The took a short hike and the trail was well maintained. All in all, we found it to be a nice stay and fairly close to home.

Very nice easy access from 400

Very nice park. We just stayed overnight on our journey. It was very level, nice places to ride a bike. Nice playground and some spots right on lake. Sites are gravel and some are a bit close, would definitely stay again.

Great value for water & electric!

This is a county operated park located in Oxford, Kansas which is a few miles east off I 35. So it’s a convenient layover, especially considering the cost! If you don’t use the electricity it’s only $3.50 and if you choose to hook up to the electric, which is located on utility poles, then it’s $10 per night on the honor system. There’s a box next to the bath house where you leave your cash payment.

The park is very well kept and has a lot to offer with disc golf course (be aware that the course runs through the middle of the camping area), a playground, group picnic shelter, a basketball court, and a newer shower/bath house. This is only open between April 15th and October 15th. Water is available to fill your tank and there is a dump station on site too! At site 50 the water was next to the site, so if no one else is camping it could be a direct hook up. When I stayed there were only 2 other rigs here.

There are no specific designated sites, at least that are clearly designated. Just take the road into the park and then look for the poles which hold the electric boxes. You can pull into the grassy areas next to one of these. I was concerned about the ground being soft because it had just rained, but I had no problems in my 24’ class C rig.

Oxford is a small town, but across the main street from the park there’s a gas station/quick mart store and supplies are there. This is a fantastic peaceful spot with great night skies and the price is right!  Let’s keep it our secret.

Party hub

The lake was flooded so the water was a bit off, biggest complaint was the lack of shade on our spot and the amount of young people partying all night. Brewery in the city of el dorado wasn’t bad.

Well done Kansas. Well done indeed

Wonderful park. Great overall experience. I loved it. Plenty to do with a great playground for the kids, kids fishing pond, basketball and volleyball courts, and even an archery range. Fantastic hiking along the lake bluff will be sure to wear out your legs! All RV sites are water and electric and most are pull through. It's the most level site I have ever had. The only thing that was weird is that when you check in you have to pay an additional $5.00 per day for your vehicle. It was probably in the fine print when I booked the reservation. I went ahead and paid the extra $10 or $15 to just get the year state parks pass, as we plan to camp in KS more this fall. You may have out done yourself KS.

Close to home

This was our first time camping in our new travel trailer and we were pleased with having such an easy to use campground so close to home. The sites were level and spacious. We will definitely be back.

Beautiful setting

Nice, quiet, relaxing!!!(Just there for the night) The primitive sites have the most amazing views!!! Nice easy trails and lots of road-age to walk on If we lived in the area we would definitely go back Only downfall was the bathhouse. It was full of some sort of gnats and no hot water.

Bed bugs!!! Don’t rent Cabin 5 Larkspur

I’m exhausted, the last 12hrs has been a dumpster fire. Last thing we expected was a bed bug infestation. Woke at midnight with a few annoying bites, on further inspection we were covered in bed bugs, urrrgghh. After picking them off our pj’s and getting over the initial shock we went home to quarantine our clothes, shower and sleep. Returned in the morning to checkout and trash our sleeping bags and pillows. Everyone is disappointed, and I’m out of pocket for 2 nights accommodation and 4x sleeping gear…whoever the host is should be ashamed of themselves, I’m trying to warn the next people, this cabin is booked solid but in reality uninhabitable! The porch is also infested with burrowing bumblebees, scary for kids and adults alike.