The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Greenleaf , KANSAS

Camping Kansas Greenleaf Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Greenleaf Camping Reviews
2020 Dec28

This is a great place to stay it’s about 30 minutes 20 minutes off of I 70 of very clean well-maintained no one bug me at all I don’t think there was another camper in the whole place morning sunrise was perfect over the water me and my dog slept very quietly and nicely all night long

We keep coming back!

We initially thought oh what a great overnight spot but have found this to be so much more! Location is perfect, quiet city park near police station. Walking/biking trails, playground, frisbee golf, restaurants with in walking distance, it’s a beautiful setting and the squirrels, black squirrels are everywhere. Limited spots with 30/50 amp are available, they are pull off as in drive over the curb and park. I did mention limited as in very few, I can’t express this enough as I think I saw 3 maybe 4 spots with electric hookups. Sites are free, donations accepted- box is located on the building that houses the restrooms and near water station.

Nice stop for a night

Fairly easy to find and the roads are decent. Plenty of camping on the lake. All camping sites on side of lake with entrance. Nice level sites. Plenty of fire wood to forage. Great fishing. Was the only one camping but had some beaver neighbors catching fish all night. No hikes but a jog around the lake was pleasant. Beautiful sunrise on the lake. Wildlife heard all around. I enjoyed my stay

Great Value

Wife found this lake on Google Maps.

We drove out on a Sunday to check it out, and was amazed by the quality of the sites for the money.

We camped the weekend of October 16th, 2020.

Dry Camping is$5 a night.

Electric (30AMP) sites are$10 a night.

We came out on a Thursday and got a sight(#5). The sites are gravel(white rock) and somewhat level. I was able to get level with our leveling blocks.

There were quite a few other campers, but the place was really quiet after 10PM.

The lake has good areas and a trail around the lake. We put in several miles walking the dog.

The lake is a"no wake" lake, so no speed boats. The lake is small enough that it would be an issue anyway. Great kayaking lake.

There is a dump site(free) on sight. non-potable water available at dump sight.

Fresh water near the campground (one spigot).

Our only complaint was that there were only two dumpsters near the electric campground. More trash receptacles would be nice. We picked up trash from fire rings in the tent sites, which was annoying.

We will definitely stay again next year, this time with kayaks.

Quiet, peaceful lakeshore camping

Nice, grassy sites right around the small lake, next to a cornfield. There are picnic tables, fire pits, a playground, and a couple shaded pavilions for a picnic or rain shelter. It’s pretty quiet except for the constant low hum of a nearby mill - very Kansas. It’s patrolled by police regularly and is a peaceful, serene, no frills place to camp for a night. Also included - boat ramp for recreation or fishing, bathrooms, disc golf course. Town is right down the road for supplies.

Full hook up campground

Hickory Hollow is a mostly shaded campground with full hook ups. Some are on cement pads the inner loop sites are too close for my liking but the other loop is ok. This area is very peaceful. There is a fire ring and table at each site. There are restrooms here and a dump station

Beautiful sunsets

Woodlands Hills campground has both primitive and electric and water sites available. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring are are nice and spacious. There are ADA sites available. This campground has water access and a beach area. I think it’s so neat how they have life jackets hanging in case you didn’t bring any. There are clean restrooms and shower house, a dump, and access to trails. There are group sites near by with extra long tables, volleyball,basketball,horseshoes,and trails.

Nice shady campground

Sunset Ridge is a small tenting campground along side sunset cabins. Sunset ridge is nicely shaded. Each site has a covered picnic shelter and grill. The sites are nice and spacious. The cabins to have large shelters with tables and grill. There are 5 cabins all with horse breed names and there is one that is ADA.

Some great water views and sunsets

We really enjoyed Prairie View campground. We were in site 116, which our camper door faced a cove of the lake and the boat ramp. It was like there was no one else camping by us. We were able to launch our kayaks a few feet from our campsite which was nice. Each campsite was equipped with electric and water, a fire ring,and a picnic table. The sunsets over the water were beautiful. The restrooms and shower were ok. There was a sign that stated it was only as clean as the last person who used it. Was t to excited about that during Covid. We were able to see a few blue heron and a Golden and a bald eagle. We will definitely be back as it was very peaceful

Quaint primitive campground

Walnut grove is a primitive campground. Each site has a fire ring and picnic table. Some of the sites have water views and shorelines that you could boat or kayak right up to. There are boat ramps, slips(called the Yacht club), basketball hoops, and 2.1 miles of trails. This campground also has restrooms and a shower house. The lake has excellent fishing.