The best WALK IN camping near
Toeterville , IOWA

Most Recent Toeterville Camping Reviews
Really neat little park

Gorgeous little park right on a series of small lakes. Camping is in grassy and forested area. You dive on grass and park next to a table and power outlet. Many of these spots are not level and seem better suited to tents than larger RVs but some spots could work for vans, class C or small class A RVs. I also saw one cabin for rent. This is all near the water and has bathrooms and a water faucet. I also noticed pretty good AT&T cell coverage here. This area has historically been bad for cell coverage so maybe that is improving.

Lovely campground and park

Very well maintained campground in a small but lovely park. Host was very nice and there were lots of open spots on a Saturday in late September. Loved our tent site with a short walk to the lake and clean bathrooms

Peaceful, restful stay.

We can't wait to go back. Our camp was so private & we were happy because we had a new puppy that was from a hoarding situation & not real social. We didn't want to bother any neighbors if she was loud. She did very well with our other two. They all enjoyed walking on the trails with us😁 The bathrooms & showers were awesome & the park guy was very nice & informative (I feel bad I didn't get his name.) It will definitely be a place we will go back to!

Awesome campsite

Camped at a backpack site and it was pretty great. 2 mile hike to the site and the site was fantastic. On the water with lots of tree coverage.

Great hidden gem

Out in the middle of bluff country. This nice campground plays to the active bodied person well. From golf to tubing to an indoor swimming pool and restaurant. This place has a lot to offer.

Tent sites

Great state park for a quiet weekend trip. Tons of great tent sites, but it seemed like the RV spots were pretty close together. We stayed at #142 and it was the perfect tent location. Right on the water, distanced from our site neighbors, and a sandbar nearby for some fishing. The swimming beach was gross, but the hiking trail was great for an easy walk with kids.

Labor Day weekend

This campground has a lot of mixed reviews on social media. We were a bit worried but I’m so glad we went.

The parallel parking was so much easier than we thought it would be. Not a huge fan of sharing the same outdoor space but it was manageable. It would be perfect for large family/friend gatherings as some where doing.

The campground was super clean and the bathrooms the cleanest I’ve seen at a state park.

Lame

All RV and ridiculously expensive for tent camping

Private oasis

7/17/20-7/19/20

I found this private campsite on Hipcamp and it had great reviews, so we thought we would give it a try.

It exceeded our expectations

What a gorgeous and secluded weekend getaway. Eric sent very detailed instructions and was very helpful in his communication to make our stay and time at Bluff Hollow fabulius!

There were 2 options for camping - the upper site and lower near the river. We opted to camp and hang out down by the river. The bluff views from camp were beautiful and we spent most of our time kayaking and playing in the water. The lower space was wooded, shady and spacious enough for multiple tents and our 4 hammocks. It also had a nice fire pit. The upper site had a picnic table, fire pit and one of the cleanest outhouses I have seen.

The property was gorgeous and well kept. There were many trails you could take to do some exploring. The wildflowers were beautiful and we saw a deer. I highly recommend this campsite if you are looking for privacy, beauty and a river-side experience. Thank you, Eric!

Quiet, well-kept campground in rural Iowa

We found this campground when we were looking for the mill (which, although it was supposed to be open on the weekends, not only was not open but looked like it had not been open for quite some time, despite information on their website). Located one mile north of the small town of Lime Springs across from the mill on the Iowa River is the park’s 19-site campground, which is in much better shape. There is a path that leads from the mill complex to the campground.

Each site has a very generous size gravel pad that could easily fit the largest RV and the sites are reasonably spaced apart. Each site has a fire ring, water, and electric. The restroom was dated but appeared clean. There is a nice playground, group picnic shelter, and a boat ramp. Although the campground was very well-kept (which is why I gave it three stars), if you don’t have a boat, I’m not sure what there would be to do here. There were only a couple of occupied sites on a Sunday in August so it was very quiet. No host on-site.