Camping in Carwood

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Carwood, Indiana

246 Reviews of 32 Carwood, Indiana Campgrounds

m
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Was not my favorite place

To get in the camp ground was easy, the staff was all friendly and helpful. The space wasn’t bad we had plenty of grass area to use. Our camper was a bit long for our spot and we had to park in the grass. The water fill stations were easy To use but even with a filter the water smelled like eggs.…

Site99-A
Chelsea M.
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Not the worst experience

After reading negative reviews from 2020, I was hesitant that they were true. That all of the critters from Louisville flock to this area. That wasn’t entirely untrue. This place is absolutely great for people watching, but expect the quiet time hours to not be enforced and a large number of dogs…

• The yellow trail
Site30 & 24
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Not much shade but PLENTY of water

The campground is HUUUUGE. We ended up in a full sun spot which wasn’t ideal but we were able to move to a cooler spot after everyone left on Sunday afternoon.
The beach is just a few minutes away. The staff is very friendly and easy to work with. One playground is actually in full shade which is…

Solid Midwest backpacking

The fire tower is the trail head for a hiking only loop called the sycamore trail. It’s not very long but follows a small creek and has some elevation changes

Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

I just keep coming back!

If you’re into backpacking but live in the Midwest, this is the place to go. There are enough trails to keep you busy for days, beautiful lakeside camping, and peaceful pine groves. Only downside is that most trails are also equestrian. If you don’t mind a bit of horse poo on your boots, head here.

mandi D.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Jewel in the Rough

Best place to camp and relax. The archery range is great. We have been going here for a few years and it’s never disappointing.

Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful, forested campground

I’ve been camping at OBannon Woods for 25+ years. The campground is large, mostly shady and very well-kept. Bathhouses feel luxuriously clean and large compared to most campgrounds. There are multiple play areas for children and beautiful hiking trails within and around the campground itself.

Sitemultiple sites
Month of VisitNovember
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Geodes, geodes, geodes!

I had the awesome experience to hammock camp on the Patton cave trail, along the creek that winds the length of that trail. It was a strenuous hike to pack in/out of, but was beautiful scenery. The cave is amazing, and if you’re interested in backwoods camping, there are an abundance of spaces to…

S
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Good Experience, Weird Layout

Went here with a few of my buddies for one night. The experience was great, but we were all a bit disappointed with the fishing experience and how far access to the lake was from the primitive camping. Also we could not find firewood.

Kassie K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Only an Overnight Stay

First time here and it was only an overnight stay, BUT we will definitely be back! The campground was clean, well spaced sites, and easy to access.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Starve Hollow

My daughter and I camped a few nights in a site right on the water. The first morning we woke up to a beautiful sunrise over the lake. The nights were still chilly, so there were very few campers. The bathrooms and showers were clean. We will definitely be going back to this jewel of a…

• morning sunrise
  • geese everywhere
  • my neighbor out on her boat
Kassie K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Our Maiden Voyage

My husband and I didn’t get to explore too much because it was our maiden voyage and we were trying to figure out how to organize our new home away from home, but from what we saw there are a lot of reasons for us to come back

Pamela H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Relaxing getaway

Our camping spot by the lake was nice and level but it was a bit of a bluff at waters edge. You couldn’t set and fish . There were two big bushes and it was hard to throw out our lines

Site# 7
Cynthia K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Southern Indiana SRA

A Facebook sensation, so we had to try it. This is our first visit to this SRA.

43 lakeside sites. All 43 are close to each other. All have a view of Starve Hollow Lake. Electric only, with water spigots scattered throughout the campground. My picks for the best campsites are 30-34. These…

• Sunrise
  • Fishing pier
  • Campsite 31
Kelsie E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Rainy weekend, superb views!

Reserved the last site available in late April. Weekend was rainy and it was busy, but everyone was very respectful and quiet. We reserved site 63, across from a lake front site. Those tenants never arrived, so we had a wonderful view!