About Hardy Lake State Rec Area
Hardy Lake State Rec Area is located in Indiana
9 Reviews of Hardy Lake State Rec Area
Amazing

Beautiful lake, great sites, friendly camp Hosts. Our electric box on our site blew a fuse and the camp host immediately came over to change it and replaced the plug as well!

Nostalgic!

I grew up going to Hardy Lake so it will always have a place in my heart. There is plenty to do with a beach, boat ramps, and many hiking trails. They offer activities on the weekends, especially for kids. I am giving this 4 stars because the bathrooms needs a serious deep clean. The sites are spacious with many different types available. I will stay here again, and enjoyed it.

Where my love of camping grew.

I lived at this campground every summer during my childhood. Only having to leave grounds every two weeks. I have so many great memories here. But in the last few years the lake hasn’t been as clean as it used to be and now I worry about drug use from the local people visiting the beach. It might be time to go back and give it another chance.

really nice

the camping spots are huge and most has trees to hang a hammock. the spots closest to the lake has trails leading down. don’t forget to ask at the main gate if breakfast with the raptors will be happening if you are going to be there on a Saturday morning

Hardin ridge camping on Lake Monroe

GREAT camping and right on lake Monroe. In my eyes win win! My only concern was there were no real huge activities or nature sight seeing available, unless I missed it! If so I apologize for the semi negative review. But if camping is up your alley, this is an awesome campground! We DO plan to return

Relaxed lake atmosphere

The Wooster Bay primitive area allows campers to moor their boats overnight. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. There is a pit toilet and water pump and overflow parking lot in the primitive area. The electric campground is seperated so the Wooster stays nice and dark and generally quiet. It' a great place to take the dogs although they aren't allowed on the designated beach area, which is a bummer. But it is fun to canoe, fish, and relax.

Trails

a few nice trails

Pleasant, quiet, nice amenities

There weren't many people at the campground so it was quiet. There was only one set of open bathrooms in March and they were well kept, clean and functioning. The shower was hot.

First visit

This was our first visit. Very nice state park. Beautiful lake. We walked one trail, #3, and that walk was very pleasant. The naturalists hosted a very good talk on raptors, with a guest star, a bald eagle. We will definitely return to kayak and trek the rest of the trails.