Camping in Williamsburg Hill

Recent Hike-In Reviews Near Williamsburg Hill, Illinois

92 Reviews of 16 Williamsburg Hill, Illinois Campgrounds

s
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

My favorite kind of campsites

Campground is off the beaten path, lots of space to spread out, and the top 4 amenities (electricity, water, flush toilets and showers). It’s not the cleanest bathrooms but certainly not the worst. Close to a Walmart for all your need and great sunsets too. Plus pets are allowed

• campsite #5
  • sign details. a campground rep found me around 7pm to collect my fee
  • bathrooms and showers
b K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Lovely campground with marina on Carlyle Lake, IL

Boulder is a lovely campground tucked away on Carlyle Lake. It has it's own marina where you can rent a slip for your boat. The sites are well spaced and have a beautiful view of the lake and sunsets!

J
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Great place to camp.

Very nice place to camp and go boating. Fishing, tubing, skiing, all of it’s great people are very friendly and sites are kept up well. Boat ramps are free as long as you have a campsite.

Sitenot sure. but all are good
Month of VisitOctober
Never Sitting S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Great location

Great campground with great hosts. Was able to get a spot a few days ahead of time. Cute camp store with very long pull through parking (no need to unhook). Campfire ring and picnic table. Nice area to walk, medium size lake that fish bight.

Joel R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice lake, quiet campground

Coles Creek Campground on Carlyle Lake has 219 sites, most with full hookups, and shade. (There is 30 & 50 a as no service). Internet is spotty. There are also 2 group campsites with cabins. There are showers, flush toilet, a playground, fish cleaning station, boat ramp and a dump station.…

Stacy B.
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2021

Large area

Large and clean area

Stacy B.
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2021

Very nice camping

Lots to do and see. They have a bridge and trail that connect campsite to marina. Looove it

Jana C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2021

Loved camping here

I camped here in a tent before we had an rv. The primitive sites were perfectly quiet and away from others. Toilet was close and so was parking. I kind of miss tent camping!!!

Jana C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Home!!!

We have a permanent lake lot here. The marina is small and basic. Actually everything is basic here but it's still great to have 10 minutes from home.

Catherine T.
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2021

Beautifully quiet

i have been struggling with my life and went out here with someone trying to help me and had never heard of this place and we loved it.

We were the only ones there and I really don't have any negative thoughts about it..I was a bit bothered by one of the on site toilets..but it is like that in…

Always a favorite

I have literally spent weeks here. I used to come out here alone for a week to prepare for big college exams. Such a peaceful atmosphere. Great place for families and a big choice in types of sites.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2021

Beautiful and what a lake!

Only stayed here once. Nothing bad but like others nearby even better.

My kind of place.

Big sites. Been coming here since the trees were just saplings. For us it is a little farther drive but a pretty campground.

Nice Campground

Stayed here many times. So much fun and memories. Campground with a pool, store, bath houses. Could use some updates but very family frie.