Camping in Helm

161 Reviews of 25 Helm, Illinois Campgrounds

Bill P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Large sites

This is a very nice campground with very large back in spots in the reserved area. There are restrooms but no trash dumpsters in the camping area. Very well shaded but no real view of the lake.

• what I wish we could see from any site
  • restroom
  • camping spots
Month of VisitOctober
c
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Not a good experience

The sites were fine but the pit toilets were filthy. They also have a problem with skunks. One came through in the middle of the night. Luckily it didn’t spray our tent.

Month of VisitOctober
kent F.
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Coles Creek

Core of Engineers built and run this campground, Clean,sites are spaced out nicely.

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Very disappointed

We stopped here because it was right off the highway and had great reviews! However, upon arrival, the woman working in the office was INCREDIBLY rude to me and made me feel very uncomfortable. I’m guessing this was due to my appearance- it was hot and I was wearing shorts and I have tattoos.…

K
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Not Ideal for Tents

There are only about 6 tent sites at this campground, which makes it not entirely friendly for tent campers. However, the bathrooms were lovely and clean. For those who are allergic, there is a colony of feral cats living outside of the office. OUTDOOR DOMESTICATED CATS ARE TERRIBLE FOR THE…

M
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Beautiful Family Friendly

Well kept, clean sites. Friendly and helpful gate staff. Large sites.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Hateful Host

While setting up our tents a woman came strutting down the road and in a hateful voice hollered "You've got 5 minutes to get your car out of here." Come to find out she was the camp host and apparently there was a small sign that one couldn't drop off supplies even though I am disabled. I…

Siteprimitive camping
Russ  G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Great Overnight stop

Nice, quiet campground. Very friendly hosts, great hours, and an on-site small bar!!

A
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice stay

Campground clean, peaceful, campsites are paved, ours was pitched, Tmobile data slow

heather S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Great for Families

Big, spacious campsites with really pretty, big trees for lots of shade. The bathroom and shower facilities are FABULOUS, and super clean. They smell like the laundry facilities as well, so great all around there. Rangers are walking/driving around, and really friendly. Marina and beach are…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Fire Fly Lakeside Digs

Got in after dark and self checkin midweek was a breeze. I got my payment confirmation first thing in the morning. I couldn’t figure out the WiFi password without standard checkin. Oh well. This space is peaceful, clean, and has a nice vibe.

• RV spot with a deck
  • welcome big and small
  • tent 1
SiteTent 1
t
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Nice find

Nice campsite! Hidden amongst the corn fields…little town of Nashville had ample supplies for restocking! Tent area was flat! Quiet after 10pm. Lots of nature sounds at night.

Sitetent site
Kaitlynn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Good Spot

Nice place, just a tad hard to figure out where our spot is

Site?
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Last minute stop

We needed a one night stop and found this great place!! Family owned and they do a wonderful job of taking care of the customers. I would stay here longer, there is swimming, fishing, short hiking trails and is very quiet.