Crescent City, ILLINOIS

Camping Illinois Crescent City
Most Recent Crescent City Camping Reviews
We love this place.

Chris has always been friendly and accommodating when we've wanted to visit.

Burndown ar Sundown ☀️ 🔥 07-13-19

Great time at the races! It was very hot but entertaining ❤️ 🏎 🎶

NHRA

Great time to camp and enjoy races!

Just off the interstate! Great for a stopover!

We needed to extend by a day and the office was very helpful! Had pizza delivered! Good Cell, satellite and myfi reception.

Nice enough for local camping

Many very nice permanent sites. We loved the dog park along with the many activities available. We come here at least once a year. Check out their information on their website.

If you want a quick local get away this is the place.

Tent camping and Fishing

We enjoyed the quiet camping. Not much to do but fish. No hook ups but they do have a dump station. Use to have a shower house but it was closed when we were there.c

Great camping for out door enthusiasts

Campground is well maintained. Clean bathrooms. Large level sites. They offer great activities such as movies, float trips, kayaks, canoes, paddle boats. Snack shop on site. They also have live entertainment at times at the stage by the snack shop.

Wooded area with nice picnic spots. Newer playground equipment. Hiking trails. Lots of fishing areas.

Highly recommend this camp ground.

Closed

It would seem this campground is no longer operational.

Average midwestern state campground

Several loops.  Tent loops are pretty much open fields.  We stayed in a loop with electrical hook up.  Sites are level and there are trees through out the campground.  Sites on the interior of the loop can be close to the one behind it so check your site carefully before you choose it.  Bathrooms are older but clean.  Shower does not allow for adjustment of water temperature.  Hiking trails are not well marked except for the mountain biking trails, which were well marked.

Fun little campground

Had a great time this weekend camping with my wife and two boys. We camp in an Hybrid trailer and really appreciated the price point with full hookups. Sites were decent size and had fire pits at each location. They had plastic picnic tables which where light to move and easy to clean. Decently quiet camp site with a pool for the kids to cool off made for an enjoyable weekend. Close to Kankakee and some of the other towns in the area for things to do. I would definitely come again to kayak on the Kankakee river. Unfortunately the water levels where too high for this trip as warnings had been issued

Bring a Telescope

It’s far enough from light pollution that you can see stars clearly!

Highway haven

Super easy on and off the highway. With that you do get some noise but not too bad.

Office staff is very friendly and efficient. Full hookup sites. Wifi is available. Playground and dogrun for the pets.

The pond is 1/2 mile walk around. Bathrooms we clean.

If you need to get off the road and get some rest give them a try. Just north of town and you will be back on the road in no time.

Just another weekend :)

Small campground but very friendly. A plus was the full hookups. The sights are very close together. Management is not over bearing and very friendly. Dog friendly lots of dogs this weekend nice size dog park! You overall great weekend

Keep it dry

Nice CG. No booze signs posted, take it serious! Watched a ranger evict and entire group late in the evening for drinking. They weren’t being rowdy but we’re breaking the rules. Nice place to canoe!

Nice place but water taste funny

I love the place, the sites are first come first serve with cash($12), no power outlets, no shower. If you just want to sit by the fire, or want to camp out during the hunting season, or fishing with your boat, it’s a good place to be, there are monster bass in this lake, I have got a 19-inch largemouth in 2017. Do remember to bring power source for you phone such as a power bank and water to drink, the water there taste funny.

Great Trails and Paddling

Campground is super basic but the access to trails and paddling is amazing. This park is severely underfunded so don’t expect much for amenities. That said it’s a great place to setup for a weekend on the trails.

Nothing fancy here, but friendly and professional.

This is a small, bare-bones operation, but it's safe and friendly; a great stop-over for passing through Chicagoland or Joliet. Level sites, full hook-ups. Not far from Chicagoland Speedway.

Located right on US45-US52. Lots of truck traffic stopping at the intersection makes lots of noise at night.

The prettiest campground

I felt welcome and left well rested at this RV park. It's the prettiest campground in the Chicagoland area.

Well maintained. Lots of wildlife,deer,turkey.

Greattach hiking trails. 12 miles of Mountain Bike trails

Simple, River fun

Small and hidden right on the Illinois River. Received a free night of camping with a whole day of kayaking which is absolutely recommended. Not much to do here except camp and kayak but I will be going back.

morning time

morning breakfast after the glampout night provided by the staff good food and quite environment

Venetian tour

had my first experience of a lit up kayak tour for fireworks

Great stop along the I&M Canal

McKinley Woods offers me a lot of nostalgia since I grew up in the area. In McKinley Woods proper there is a large camping area and two of the sites have concrete pads for ADA accessibility. Further west along the I&M Tow Path is another camp site; that's were my friends and I stayed. Three of us biked in and two hiked. The spot is more secluded than the ones in the park proper, but it still receives a lot of visitors through out the day. A person could kayak in; there is a concrete boat ramp into the Illinois river. The main draw to this place is the tow path. I high recommend bringing a bike to enjoy the trail. The trail is also part of the Grand Illinois Trail network. Fire wood is scarce near the camp site, but we were able to find plenty further up the path.

For my write up on our trip click here.

For my video click here.

peaceful

25 sites to choose from, they fill up fast on weekends so plan to make reservations early. the glampouts are a blast.

calm

if you want a nice riverfront camp site this place is perfect. they also have kayak rentals available.

kickapoo

depending on what you would like this campground has a little bit of everything. There are camp sites that are walk to for some more distance from others, a lot of close drive to spots, RV, and a lot of close boat camping sites. the park itself has a lot of trails to explore and a few lakes to fish at. it is also a local spot to tube.

Nearby race track

It’s a shame that this park is located so close to a motor speedway! The Saturday night tent camping ambience was ruined by the sound of cars rounding a track at high speeds from about 8-10 pm.

Before you book here, make sure the nearby speedway doesn’t have an event.

quiet time

nice and peaceful morning

Waterfront sites, kayaking, right next to a state park

Camp sites are dotted next to the shore of the river, there’s kayak rentals, and there’s enough space for multiple tents on one site. If you forgot your tent they rent them out as well.