The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Denver , IDAHO

Camping Idaho Denver Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Denver Camping Reviews
Great Night

We stopped here on our way back from Boise to Spokane after picking up our camper in mid-February. A few others pulled in for the night, but still plenty of space. The wind swirled at night, but the rain was nice. There are a couple of spots where you can stay for longer, but mostly good for an overnight.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Very scenic area with a spot by the river suitable to sunbathe or have lunch

When my partner and I came to this campground while exploring how far the roads went, we found a camp site that was just right to the road. The roads are not busy but it is a bumpy long drive to this area with 45 mins on gravel roads.

To the left of the campground entrance there is a small hill and then a flat small field where we lounged and are apples and cheese while sucking up the sun. The ranger here is in a motorcycle and stops by the formal campgrounds (like this one and Boyd campground) frequently. But he does leave the dispersed camping all around unattended.

We ran into him 3 times and chatted while we explored all what this area had to offer. They are well versed about both the campsites and the dispersed areas so if you come and it is full, like when I went, flag him down as he can likely point you to somewhere you can find a spot.

There was cover in the later campsites, but the campground is seasonal and when it does close you can’t access the remainder of the road from this point.

Sleep soundly to the fast flowing river!

I came here with a large group. The river was very fast flowing and would not make a good swimming area.

Listening to the river was amazing.

Convenient stopover spot

Small campground right off the road, easy to drive in and make the loop to check out the sites.  Small hill, but no issues towing our travel trailer out the next morning.  There's a pretty stream alongside, plus a trail that seems to go back for a ways into the valley beyond.  Not much road noise at night.  A great spot on our way to Jackson.

More trees on my site than expected!

There are more trees here than the photos show. My phone died before I got any pictures, but the pictures already on this app for this campground are very misleading at best. There were more places to hang hammocks than I thought there would be (in certain areas). I visited here on 10/17 for a single night only. This time of year it is pretty cold up here so there were very few campers out.

My site did come with free wood, a fire area, and a bench/table. The drive in does not seem suitable for large RV’s or anything too wide.

There are places to hang out by the water front, which would be really nice for summer time.

If I do come back this season, I will provide an update and more reference material.

We had the place to ourselves!

The reservoir was pretty low but the camp site was incredible #48. We had water and electric. Cool little guided nature trail for an evening walk with out little one to learn about animal tracks

Three Rivers Resort in Idaho

So, I’m not sure why “resort” is in the title, this certainly not a resort in the traditional sense. But, this is a great place to stop if headed up the Lochsa River and has something for everyone.

The “resort” has riverfront cabins, double occupancy motel rooms, A frame cabins, RV spots with hookups and a large tent camping area for motorcyclists, bicyclists and hikers. The mix of campers makes thing interesting. Add to this that the river raft guides take out at this location and this is a busy and fun place to spend a night. It has been very busy every time I have stopped, often full of RV’s with families spending a long weekend.

There is a small market, restaurant and bar, and an outdoor pool and hot tub. The market is well stocked with most of what you might have forgot to pack. They sell firewood as well. The bar offers typical burgers and bar fare and was lively enough even in peak Covid. This is Idaho after all, Covid seems like an afterthought in most of central and North Idaho.

The resort is located along a sweeping bend of the Lochsa river, which the highway follows on the opposite side. With the proximity of the highway, the RV’s in the campground, the cabins, etc, this is not a tranquil wilderness campground. It is however a great spot to spend the night while passing through.

I was on a motorcycle and there were probably 8-10 other riders tent camping. Several fires were going and folks were friendly and outgoing. There was no cell service for AT&T, but the market and bar had WiFi that you could access by sitting outside the front door.

I’ve stayed here 3 times and it will always be on my list when passing through this part of Idaho.

Excellent Campground especially for RVs

The turnoff for this campground is not far after you cross the beautiful Dent Bridge over the Dworshak Reservoir, headed North. And, your route would very likely be from south to north because the southerly route begins in Elk City, Idaho and is 85% gravel and at times pretty broken up.

After turning off the main road you take a winding road down toward the reservoir. The campground is situated on a gradual slope, so all sites have nice visibility toward the reservoir. All campsites are pull through, and have RV hookups. I was on a motorcycle so didn’t really need them but the potable water was nice to have to re-fill my hydration pack and clean up dinner dishes.

There are small shelters with tables at each site, and fire rings. I found the posted sign on each shelter—“Please Do Not Hang Wildlife of any Type From the Shelter”—kind of funny. They must get big game hunters in the Fall.

There were pay showers, which were great, and everything was very clean. There is a play area with jungle gym equipment for kids.

The boat dock and water’s edge is a short walk away, and there are also restrooms at the boat dock. The reservoir feeds the Clearwater river and it’s salmon runs, and like a lot of similar reservoirs it gets very low in summer because of drawdowns to support the downstream fish population. When I was there in late August the water was probably 100 feet below the normal boat dock, so it’s a bit of a walk down the exposed shore.

Despite being out of the way, this campground was completely full, And probably half of the campers had a motorized boat of some kind. Although full, I got lucky because someone didn’t show up for the first night of their reservation so the camp hosts let me stay for free. As I walked around the campground it looked like every site was booked for the entire coming week. I expect it is that way all summer.

For adventure motorcyclists exploring back roads this is a great stop over, and not far from the #BDR route.