Gilleland , GEORGIA

Most Recent Gilleland Camping Reviews
Nice spot near the water

Easy to find, liked that we were right on the water. There was a nice flat area to set up food, bonfire, chairs, games and to lounge around with family and the dogs. Bathrooms were nice and close to campground, within walking distance.

Amazing

The views were amazing and it was far enough removed from everything that only nature sounds are heard at night. The way to get to the WMA seems like you’re going through people’s back yards, but it’s the right way. Your navigation might stop randomly, but keep going and you’ll find plenty of pull offs to set up camp. I would recommend triple checking the temperatures because it is a bit high in elevation and can cause some pretty drastic fluctuations if you’re not ready. I would also recommend not going after it has rained or snowed, or if you do, leave your vehicle on the trail and unpack from there. I may or may not have gotten stuck and needed a hand to push my car out. Basically be prepared, because even though you might have a cell signal, you can wind up pretty far back in the woods. At this place.

Amicalola Falls

The largest waterfall in Georgia and the 3rd largest in the Southeast. They have paid camping and you can also hike the AT trail and find free remote camping.

Panther Creek

As I was hiking Panther Creek to the base of the waterfall I saw 10-15 camp sites where you can camp for free, primitive style!

1099 stairs

Great park. Many hiking opportunities in the park and surrounding areas. It is 1099 stairs to the bottom of canyon!Campground was nice. Sites are open and unlevel but most were a good size. Sites are gravel with table, grill, water, and electric. Campground is very hilly. It was great to be able to access trails from the campground. You can also walk to the day use area from campground which has a trail and beach picnic area. 2 bathhouses were good. Laundry facilities available. There was little cell reception and no tv reception here. Went to Helen for a bit-IMO it's overrated. Branch out from the park because there are some great hiking trails in the area. They were not issuing any gorge floor permits the time we went. There is a fabulous museum/welcome center here with some history and facts about the park. Park is pretty busy. It was spring break when we went but it was not overwhelming. It was nice to see kids riding bikes and running outside.

Yargo

Paddle boats, kayaks and the beach, grilling out and having fun with friends and our kids

Camping @ Stone Mtn Park

We had a blast the year we camped out at Stone Mtn, We rode the ferry boat, the train, then walked up the mountain to ride the skylift back down it just in time to watch the laser show. After the laser show was over and we ran around the big grassy area waiting for the cars to clear out we headed to our camping area, & made s'mores.

Great Childhood Memories

We visited Vogel in April 2021 and it was just as good as I remembered as a child. My grandparents used to bring me here all the time when I was little. Some of my first camping experiences. It’s just as amazing today as it was then. We stayed in the area for small rigs and tents, #79. It was perfect for our camper. Even though we had terrible rain one day, we still made the best of it. I love the charm of the old parks where everything was smaller and seems more natural. The lake, the waterfalls, Blairsville, there is just so much to do up in the mountains.

Reminds me of a campground outwest.

By far one of the prettiest campground our state has to offer. With tons of hiking trail, a gorgeous lake , paved roads and sparkling clean facilities. We have camped several times , in the camper and tent.

Very Nice Campground with water access

This is a great campground, tons of spots of various sizes that should accommodate any rig. Clean bathrooms, showers, friendly staff. Patrolled by ranger regularly, access is restricted at night. Plenty of water access for canoes and boats. Really nice campground- recommend!!