Orchid , FLORIDA

Most Recent Orchid Camping Reviews
Watch out for the Gators

We loved this place. Celebrated my sister’s 65 birthday here. Spent 10 nights. Enjoyed the wildlife. We will be back and hope to stay longer.

My favorite campground

Kissimmee prairie preserve is my favorite campground. It is a dark sky area, so the night sky is beautiful. Upon getting into the park, there was wildlife everywhere (turkey, deer, alligator, birds). The prairie is so open that you can see forever.

We had campsite 15 which had a great view of the prairie and backed up to the woods. The bathrooms were very clean with large shower areas and continuous hot water. Definitely go when there's no moon, as this is a dark sky area so you can see the milky way during the right time of year. We were there in mid October, so just right at the end of the milky way season.

I've already booked a return trip.

Surrounded by water lilies...

Adorable, enchanting island camping amongst water lilies, turtles, white ibis’, blue heron and friendly folks. Each of us are seeking “home” in nature. A variety of camping choices here. Staff is friendly and helpful. Nice paved and gravel trails throughout the small, but beautiful property. Near highway 95 for convenience. We brought our queen sized airmatress and it fits with plenty of space for changing clothes inside the adorable platform canvas tent home. We recently watched, “ Hell on Wheels” , a series on Netflix, about people who lived in a canvas makeshift tent cities who worked by day then found comfort in their tent homes and campfires by night. In the ole’ west, folks lived in canvas tents while they built the railroad. We are reflecting on the joy of tent life while discovering the USA. The canvas tents at Phipps Park, Martin County are perfect for group rentals and ideal for beginners. All in all, this is a well kept property, worthy of staying awhile if you are passing through.

The compound

This place is awesome dirt biking was super fun and plenty of room for the pup to run around

Could be better

The restrooms closest to the tent area or closed and there is a flooding problem

Was hoping to be better

The bathrooms closest to tents os closed and floods a lot

Nice site

I stayed in late November of 2020 for two nights. All the sites were full during the first night and a little over half were full on the second night. The dirt road on the way to the campground was very smooth. Definitely bring everything that you need because there is nothing around for many miles. I brought my own firewood but they did have wood for sale at $7 per bundle. The night sky was pretty dark but I couldn’t see the Milky Way (there was a half moon during my stay). I must be spoiled by the night sky out west. Lots of wildlife around… deer, turkeys, gators, lots of birds and I could hear coyotes off in the distance at night. Bathrooms were very nice and cleaned daily. Parts of the hiking trails were flooded and muddy. Overall a very well maintained campground with lots of wildlife and a nice dark sky.

Kissimmee Prairie Preserve

Great place to enjoy the sky at night with no outside lights to disturb the viewing of the stars. The camping area is nice and peaceful. Clean bathrooms. Hot showers.

Awesome little gem!

Stayed here for 2 nights. Clean and spacious. Nice little park for the kids and close to the water.

Amazing star gazing. Just follow the Florida scenic Trail and you’ll find the most beautiful campsite with a romantic view of the stars.

My husband and I hiked eight days on the Florida trail halfway through we camped at this wonderful site. It was a sight for sore eyes and sore feet. The stars were so close at night I felt I could just reach out and touch them.