Montrose, COLORADO

Most Recent Montrose Camping Reviews
Great campground!

Great water front sites from 22 to 39. Clean and quiet. Perfect gateway!

Amazing campsite

We stayed in this area, did not stay in the lost lake camping sites as everything was full but along the road there are loads of places to pull off and camp! Secluded and really a peaceful place!

Best campground. Hard to get.

Best campground I have seen. Very hard to get, don't be picky. Bad toilets. The picture below is from a site on the back pond.

Perfect Colorado Camping

See my other Review for Dakota Ridge. Another 5 stars with all amenities and screaming Verizon Wifi

Stunning CO mtns surround you

We tested out maiden working on the road trip at this spectacular state park. It was end of the season so some loops were closed. Each site gave privacy with nature in between. The WiFi tower was right in the campground so WiFi was screaming. Mild temperatures in October. 5 stars!!!

Location location location

Location location location

Quiet and pretty if you walk 1 min away from the campsites

Two general areas to camp - one in a more open setting with more sun, and one in a shaded area that has a pinch more privacy. We stayed in the latter. Unfortunately, there were no sites right by the river.

FYI - Put your car in low gear going down into the canyon. I had a jeep and didn't and I could smell the pungent smell of my brakes burning up.

Apparently, there is good fly fishing by the campsite too.

A Favorite Every Year =)

I hate to tell you this… because this is a favorite of ours.  We come here every year in the autumn.  We play on Kebler Pass, we have pizza at Stash in CB, and at night - the stars oh how the twinkle!  But you will pay a price for these autumn skies.  It is cold at Lake Irwin at night.  Bring a sweater and snuggle up!
The Camp Host is a delight.  So many sites that are good with peaks at the lake.  You are in the heart of the Rockies.  Wake up and pick a trail, or point towards a road.  It is bound to be beautiful!

Love!!

We have stayed her a few times!! I love this place it’s amazing to SUP at. It can be alittle windy so if you have a canopy just drop it at night. You have to walk into the camp spots but it’s not bad. Will definitely be back!!