The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Midland , COLORADO

Camping Colorado Midland Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Midland Camping Reviews
Great Lakeside campsites

Great place to take the camper and kayaks. Kayaking, SUPs, fishing, hiking.

Great Road Trip Campsite

There are many beautiful campsites here. Tenting sites are separated from RV sites, which I appreciated. There are beautiful fire pits and standard picnic tables. Night temps were good for car camping in winter months. Hikes of any length can be started right from the campground or a short drive away. Maximum stay allowed is 72 hours.

Perfect

In between mountains, tall pines and rivers, does camping get any better? Close to everything you need but you will feel away from it all.

Great Location

Very Clean and convenient location to Colorado Springs. Thought highway traffic noice would be a problem but, could not tell rv park is next to the interstate. Tent camped here and they have special raised beds with pavilions for tent camping.

Excellent State Park

Colorado Springs offers much to do and this campground is a great spot to unhook. “The Meadows” is one of the loops…all level spots here, full hook-up. Not much privacy or shade, but would still highly recommend. The park location is close to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Pike’s Peak and more. The park offers many wonderful hiking trails…and a frisbee golf course. Convenient drive to grocery stores and restaurants.

Best State Park I've been in

Now… I'm originally from Louisiana, and I now live in Texas, so my standards aren't very high, lol, but the restrooms were impeccable… Clean, smelled clean, and well maintained. The pit toilets we're even moderately comfortable, but I admittedly drove down to the comfort station bathroom twice in the night. It's far enough away from everything while still allowing you to drive to a pizza parlor in town for a nice dinner and a beer.

On the Arkansas River and well designed campsites

This is a beautifully designed campground. Must have had a landscape architect. Not only would I stay here again I am going to do so in September, 2020 just after having been there in July, 2020. We preferred# 5(1305) with its multilevel areas. There are two extreme negatives that must be noted: 1> The road in and out narrows to a one lane road without any indications of oncoming traffic. I don't know what would happen if two 34' fifth wheels were to meet on this narrow section of the road. Something should be done to indicate oncoming traffic. 2> The fee would be reasonable--though still high for campsites with NO hookups at all, but the$9.00 daily vehicle fee added on makes this expensive for sites. The only justifications are location on the river and the beautifully laid out campground and sites. We camped at Arkansas Headwaters Recreation Area, Ruby Mountain Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Overpriced

Chatfield is nice but there are sooooo many places to post up for less or for free. The “unique” part about Chatfield is that you pay for your spot, typical RV park, but you must also pay to take a shower, use the restroom etc. Ridiculous, and it’s VERY crowded. Go to Idaho. 😀

A wonderful getaway

Beautiful, peaceful and most importantly a very clean campground for adventurers and families alike! My girlfriend and I loved our stay here!

Perfect grounds for City plus nature

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Regional/Public Park — Grounds that are on public lands, and have a cost for entry and/or overnight stay. Ratings for this category are based on: Cost: 5 Allure of the park/lands: 4 Amenities as available (bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc): 5 Layout and privacy of sites: 5

We absolutely loved this park. The campground recently got an update and so the visitor center and layout are new & improved. It’s a huge park with 4 separate camping areas. We stayed in Loop A with full hookups, about 1/4 mile from the marina. Privacy was excellent, barely visible to the neighbors on the next road and far enough separated from out NextDoor neighbors (at least 100’). The grounds are level and paved and include a nice gravel picnic area and fire pit. We didn’t use any facilities, but they dotted the entire campgrounds.

It’s worth noting that in addition to the $30/night fee (for FHU) you must also pay $10/day for a park pass or otherwise pay $80 for an annual, which we opted for.

Staff was very friendly. Access to walking and biking trails was awesome and we got on the lake for some swimming and SUP’ing too. The swim “beach” is quite rocky… basically broken dirt clumps, but it made do for the afternoon. 30 min to Downtown Denver and 50 min to Boulder.