Divide , COLORADO

689 Reviews

Most Recent Divide Camping Reviews
Great Road Trip Campsite

There are many beautiful campsites here. Tenting sites are separated from RV sites, which I appreciated. There are beautiful fire pits and standard picnic tables. Night temps were good for car camping in winter months. Hikes of any length can be started right from the campground or a short drive away. Maximum stay allowed is 72 hours.

Free sites w permit, hike in .5 miles

Shlep your shtuff .5 miles from the lot to the tent pads. Pack it and pack it out. You must get your permit from the Jeffco open space office so look it up on their website. Reynolds park has many nice trails.

Beuatiful, but Noobs Beware!

Sorry, No photos. It is very beautiful up there. I have only been here once, and I did not do enough research. I recently purchased a 26ft sustainable travel trailer and decided to take it out for the first time. Well the road up is very tight. Very skinny switchbacks. About half way up looking for a way to turn around. We got lucky and found a space just barely large enough to back in to carfully. I am a first time TT owner so, yeah it was a bit nerve racking. Although it was very beautiful, I will not make that mistake again. Don't go up if you are pulling anything larger than a tear drop trailer. I didn't go all the way up, so I don't know if there is any kind of turn around up there. If someone knows, please enlighten me, as would like to know if I was going to be screwed if I went all the way up.

Great Location

Very Clean and convenient location to Colorado Springs. Thought highway traffic noice would be a problem but, could not tell rv park is next to the interstate. Tent camped here and they have special raised beds with pavilions for tent camping.

Excellent State Park

Colorado Springs offers much to do and this campground is a great spot to unhook. “The Meadows” is one of the loops…all level spots here, full hook-up. Not much privacy or shade, but would still highly recommend. The park location is close to Garden of the Gods, Manitou Cliff Dwellings, Pike’s Peak and more. The park offers many wonderful hiking trails…and a frisbee golf course. Convenient drive to grocery stores and restaurants.

Best State Park I've been in

Now… I'm originally from Louisiana, and I now live in Texas, so my standards aren't very high, lol, but the restrooms were impeccable… Clean, smelled clean, and well maintained. The pit toilets we're even moderately comfortable, but I admittedly drove down to the comfort station bathroom twice in the night. It's far enough away from everything while still allowing you to drive to a pizza parlor in town for a nice dinner and a beer.

Overpriced

Chatfield is nice but there are sooooo many places to post up for less or for free. The “unique” part about Chatfield is that you pay for your spot, typical RV park, but you must also pay to take a shower, use the restroom etc. Ridiculous, and it’s VERY crowded. Go to Idaho. 😀

A wonderful getaway

Beautiful, peaceful and most importantly a very clean campground for adventurers and families alike! My girlfriend and I loved our stay here!

Perfect grounds for City plus nature

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Regional/Public Park — Grounds that are on public lands, and have a cost for entry and/or overnight stay. Ratings for this category are based on: Cost: 5 Allure of the park/lands: 4 Amenities as available (bathrooms, showers, hookups, etc): 5 Layout and privacy of sites: 5

We absolutely loved this park. The campground recently got an update and so the visitor center and layout are new & improved. It’s a huge park with 4 separate camping areas. We stayed in Loop A with full hookups, about 1/4 mile from the marina. Privacy was excellent, barely visible to the neighbors on the next road and far enough separated from out NextDoor neighbors (at least 100’). The grounds are level and paved and include a nice gravel picnic area and fire pit. We didn’t use any facilities, but they dotted the entire campgrounds.

It’s worth noting that in addition to the $30/night fee (for FHU) you must also pay $10/day for a park pass or otherwise pay $80 for an annual, which we opted for.

Staff was very friendly. Access to walking and biking trails was awesome and we got on the lake for some swimming and SUP’ing too. The swim “beach” is quite rocky… basically broken dirt clumps, but it made do for the afternoon. 30 min to Downtown Denver and 50 min to Boulder.

Actually around 4 ducks

I typically rate campgrounds as they fit into 1 of 5 categories. This campground will be rated as a Basecamp — grounds that offer a comfortable home base that you’re happy to return to after a day of exploring the surrounding area. Ratings for this category are based on: Value to cost: 4 Overall grounds: 4 Utility of sites (hookups, layout, accessibility): 4 Local Attraction Proximity: 5 Reservation Process/Ease of Getting a Site: 5 Amenities: 4 Customer Service: 5 Cleanliness: 4

In the mountains of Manitou Springs/Colorado Springs, just off the 24 highway, Loneduck Campground is tucked away down a driveway you will surely miss if you’re not paying close attention (look for the empty sign post sticking up from the highway, see my video). The grounds are quite nice… not luxury but rustic mountain vibe. Large trees and greenery with sites surrounding a small pond.

This is clearly a favorite destination for locals… lots of groups of friends with kids gathering and spending time together. If you dislike kids, you may want to reconsider. Kids laughing and enjoying fishing, the pool and playground up until quiet hours. We don’t have kids but enjoyed the sounds. Nights were quiet, even with the highway overhead. We slept every night with the windows open and the car noise was not an issue. It only got louder in the mornings. Barking dogs were much louder, but still not an issue.

The utilities were good enough, though water pressure was pretty low, especially once our neighbor arrived and fed off the same pipe.

While we didn’t use any, the amenities looked nice. Pool looked lovely and the playground was… beloved by the kids. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the pond with fishing. Fire pits were out of use due to the ban and there was a large dishwashing station for tent campers. There is an arcade which looked perfectly retro. We did use laundry, the machines were fine (takes quarters) but the room itself was a bit dingy. Can’t speak for showers or restrooms. The picnic table at our site had seen better days. Our biggest point of confusion was the placement of the dump station, right at the exit, so in some cases, people that don’t have to dump still have to wait for people to dump in order to leave. There was a long line on a Sunday morning but we managed to squeeze thru after about 10 minutes.

Staff was quite nice but if you’re very worried about COVID, be warned that virtually nobody wears a mask and high touch surfaces don’t seem to be cleaned frequently.

For everything they offer at the grounds, I think the price is very reasonable. They’re right next to the Pikes Peak by way and so close to so many other attractions/adventures. Also, there’s a running/walking path that brings you to Green Mountain Falls town just 1/2 mile away but you have to walk on Rt 24 for about 100 yards to get to the next street, so be careful.

The reservation process was a breeze and they were very responsive and accommodating when we wanted to add a day. A great spot to spend time.