Six Rivers National Forest, CALIFORNIA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Six Rivers National Forest Camping Reviews
10/10 Would stay again!

[ PROS]

• Super lush and foresty campground right by the Pacific Ocean. There is so much to see all around the campgrounds. You can go for a hike and the Rim Trail which perimeters the park, you can go down to the beach and hunt for agates, explore tidepools, look at birds and other wildlife, and go to the visitor center.

• Each site came with a picnic table, bear box, fire ring, and two parking spots.

• Sites were surprisingly large! We stayed at Site#99 and it was super spacious. It even had a hidden area that was under large trees that was perfect for setting up tents.

• I love how the sites were also very private. Each site seemed to be carved out of the brush so you’re just enclosed in trees and bushes. Everything was so green!

• The restrooms were really clean. Site#99 was a little far from the showers, but we had nice toilets right by us.

• VIEWS VIEWS VIEWS! My gosh. We stated at Agate Campground (1 of 3 campgrounds at this park) and it was really close to the beach access. We did the Rim Trail hike and it was unbelievable.

[CONS]

• NONE! Perfect campground:)

Overall, I would come back here in a heartbeat! I know we came during off season so the campground wasn’t as full, but i’d imagine when this place is fully booked it would still be very tranquil and peaceful. Each site was like a little oasis removed from everyone else.

Exactly what we needed

Stayed in a tent here in November. Absolutely beautiful! We could see the ocean from our site and it only took around 2 minutes to walk to the water. It was $35 to stay one night which was a little more to pay than I'm used to, but very nice campground for tents or small campers and vans.

Running water in the bathrooms and there was even a shower. There was fire wood for sale for $8 and there was free wifi that actually worked. The camp host was very nice and helpful.

Fern canyon was about 2 miles down the road. Heads up there is a creek crossing that could be sketchy in a low clearance vehicle.

Will hopefully return very soon!

Everything undesirable

Good Sam gives them a 10. Cancelled membership after one night in this sketchy dump. Worried all night my stuff would get jacked. Never did find the river to walk, but then again didn’t want to leave my stuff unattended very long. Also on main route for fire and police which went on all night

Great getaway

Tucked back in the forest, and right on the ocean. Campsites surrounded by trees and vegetation.. and fairly private. Beautiful!

Beautiful Redwood Setting

This is a wonderful redwood park geared toward tent camping. It not particularly well suited to RVs. There are herds of Roosevelt Elk throughout the park, grazing in the meadow outside of the camping area. The elk are accustomed to people, but keep your distance. There are nice restroom facilities with hot showers. Bring quarters. The sites are close together but there is lush greenery to create a sense of separation. The big complaint are the bear boxes. They are impossible to close quietly so be considerate and plan your late night snack and beverage needs in advance. Reservation absolutely required months in advance for the summer season. This is a great place to go off-season.

Hidden gem

This place is locally known as swimmers delight. This is another one of my favorite campgrounds. It is open year round and only cost 25 dollars with clean bathrooms and showers. There are many great campgrounds, many right on the river. If you are looking for a place to relax at the river all day this is a great place. It isn't known as swimmers delight for nothing.

One of my favorite

Patrick's point camp ground is one of my favorite state parks in California. There's plenty of hiking and things to see inside the park including Sumeg village…an old historic site that the Yurok tribe used back in the day. If you want to explore outside there is also plenty to do. However, I lived around this area for 11 years and camped here many times and still haven't seen anything there is to see here. The sites are cheap relative to to other state parks and there is cheap showers and very clean bathrooms.

Beautiful setting, but not much to offer for RV

Beautiful setting, most sites are under the redwoods. We did see elk in areas nearby, but not in the campground. We were there in a small travel trailer. There was no place to fill with water (bring your water bandit). And there is no dump station, the one at Patrick’s Point State Park is also closed. We were told to go to Emerald Forest RV to dump for $20 if you are in an RV you may want to consider a private RV Park for the price

Rude staff and muddy, dirty mess

I have stayed here several times in the past but this will be the last. To get to tent sites you have to drive through muddy, swampy roads. The bathrooms were dirty and showers were broken and toilets clogged. We were forced to buy a new tent because they would not allow our small children to stay in their one person pup tent because we had more than 2 tents. The lady that called was rude and actually suggested that we get a third site to put our small children in. If you are in the area I wouldn’t waste money here. Go to Elk Country or Patrick’s Point.