the dyrt
About Emerald Forest Of Trinidad
Contact
Emerald Forest Of Trinidad is located in California
4 Reviews of Emerald Forest Of Trinidad
Tent camping: Very dark with uneven ground

We stayed here one night last year. We’d hoped to stay at Patrick’s Point State Park, but it was full. The woman who set us up with a tent site here was super friendly and helpful. She offered advice for where to eat in the area and points of interest.

My daughters and I checked out the Bay Area and hiked the Trinidad Head. It was a beautiful afternoon. We had dinner at the Trinidad Bay Eatery and Gallery which was nice with a friendly server and good American fare.

After we returned we looked at the little arcade area in the cabins area. It reminded me in a nostalgic way of the arcade area in the 80’s movie Starfighter. Very fun.

Although it wasn’t quite dark yet when we headed back to our site, it was VERY dark in the back area with the tent sites fue to heavy tree cover. Finding our spot was difficult in the dark. The path is winding and doesn’t exactly match the campground map and the ground was very uneven. I was glad we have four wheel drive.

The campsite was also very uneven and had a steep drop off to a creek bed on the side. Luckily we’d planned to car camp and only had to fold down the sleeping area in our vehicle. I can’t imagine trying to set up a tent on that site in the pitch blackness. I’m not sure that the site had any amenities like a picnic table or water or a fire ring. I couldn’t see anything!

Overall I’d stay here again, but I’d get there way before dark and set up camp first before adventuring in the area. I love the Trinidad/Eureka area. There’s lots to do and see. I gave the three stars because the tent site area ground is so uneven and so unlit.

Great Stay!

This campground is beautiful, quiet, and clean! The bathroom facilities were clean and in working order, and they have a small store with all the essential camping supplies. It is in a great location, close to the beaches in Trinidad, just a few minutes from Patrick’s Point State Park, and 45 minutes from some awesome trails in the Redwoods. It’s also just down the road from an awesome restaurant, The Lighthouse Grill! I highly recommend camping here!

Beautiful campground tucked away in the redwoods, great facilities

This is a beautiful private campsite in the redwoods. It’s pretty busy in the summer, so a reservation is good. There are great restrooms and showers, clean, with hot water and heated floors. The downsides are that there are lots of sites pretty close together, so it can feel crowded and there were long lines for the bathroom in the morning (it was so nice no one wanted to leave!). Very close to Patrick’s Point State Park

Great location, campers parked very close to one another but quiet.

Only stayed one night. They are very busy. Probably would’ve stayed one more night, but our site was already booked. Great little store with supplies, friendly staff, full hook ups.