Camping in Paulden

96 Reviews of 17 Paulden Campgrounds

Kristin P.
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2022

Woodchute Trail Dispersed Camping - Mingus Mtn

Beautiful Junipers & Pines, lots of wildlife and nice camping spots spaced apart. I ❤ this mountain.

SiteWoodchute
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2022

Majestic

Less busy then FR 525 yet great views and easy road to access. 30 min to Sedona. Most campgrounds have fire pits set up by previous campers. You can gather firewood. 14 day max per month.

Month of VisitFebruary
jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2021

Nice and wild

Nice forested area in Prescott Forest. Few level sites for my rig and lots of nails on the ground from pallet wood.

Month of VisitJanuary
Jeffrey P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2021

Very nice campground

We stayed here for our first trip with a TT in December 2020. Water and electric hookups. They have a dump station. They have a lake to fish in and equestrian center to go on horse back rides.

Sitepull thru
Month of VisitJanuary
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2021

Best off grid camping

Best in free dry camping.

Siteopen
N
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

I’ve stayed here twice now and it’s absolutely gorgeous here. Dispersed camping. No trash dumpster. pack in packet out keep it beautiful

Month of VisitOctober
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Stargazers paradise

Spent the day hiking in Sedona and needed a place to stay on our way south. Place is out of the way but close to everything. Huge site with a lot of room between sites. No shade but the night sky is amazing. Check in by 4:30 which we missed but no big deal. Would definitely stay here again. Clean…

Month of VisitOctober
Sara T.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Great Family Campground

Facilities were clean and the amenities were well taken care of.

Tyler D.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Awesome!

This place is so pretty! So easy to get to so that was really nice! Loved the views! We were at campsite 4 and it was right by a river and this really cool cave thing! Only down side was there was so many little bugs flying around so they got really annoying at night.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Hot in July, but quiet and enjoyable

The forest was closed in Northern Arizona so I decided to camp out at Dead Horse Ranch SP.  I was pretty pleased overall with my trip.  My campsite was comfortable and private enough, considering how close the sites are at this campground.  I had some shade trees to help keep my travel trailer cool…

• My spot. It looks like the tree branch is on my trailer, but I'm actually behind it.
  • The east lagoon
  • East lagoon handicapped fishing access
SiteQuail Loop #44
Alex S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Quiet and perfect spot for a weekend getaway

Such a nice quiet campground which I love to camp at if I have to pay for one which isn’t too often.

About 20 spots give or take with most being big enough for your bigger rigs.

Clean Toilets, water, etc and all the amenities you expect from a FS CG.

Spots have the usual table and fire ring…

Nik W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Spacious

I am new to camping however after my recently experiencing my first time, I’m addicted! I have not been to many spots but I really like this one! We got one of the first spots however didn’t even see anyone else after parking until we walked a bit to explore. Fire pit at our location and another…

Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Amazing campground

This is by far one of our top campgrounds. We love the access to the verde river and swimming holes. The 3 lagoons have some great fish in them! The grounds are all very well kept. We recently learned about the junior ranger program that each state park does. Fun for kids interested in…